Goodyear

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview Details – Talked to recruiters at a campus career fair, got an interview the next day. Interviewed with a process engineer and another long-time engineer. Both were very nice and personable, the interview didn't feel intimidating. They started by asking about my resume and experience and then moved to a more behavioral interview.

Interview Question – Pretty standard behavioral questions: Tell us about a time when you solved a problem in a unique way, etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had another offer, wasn't very attracted to Akron

Akron, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in April 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a talent recruiter to fill out a candidate profile. Then was subject to GPA verification followed by a personality test. After the personality test an application was filled out followed by a phone interview. After the initial phone interview(could be skype interview) I was asked to attend an onsite interview. If you can get to this point you're a strong candidate. You have to shine here. The day started with a presentation from various chief engineers, followed by a plant tour, followed by lunch. Be as personable as possible. After lunch 2, hour long interviews will take place after which a group building exercise will take place. The interview questions can be quite difficult it would be beneficial to practice before hand. Good Luck

Interview Question – How would you design a tire for the moon.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no need to negotiate; the offer was very strong.

Akron, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goodyear in March 2012.

Interview Details – Best Interview Process. Applied online. Got an e mail after 2 days for Human Resources test online. Got a phone interview from recruiter after a month. after 2 weeks Got call for Hiring Manager. Attended the Personal interview after a month. Started the Day with my presentation. Rest of the day Interview with several managers, Engineers an HR Manager. Very good experience.

Interview Questions

Akron, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Goodyear in May 2009.

Interview Details – Overall a very basic interview. There were a few "star" type interview questions. The interviewer asked one question and told me to take "10 minutes to think about the answer" and we proceeded to sit in silence until he allowed me to answer - I was cut off when i tried to start early. The interviewer seemed very nervous and did not speak english well. Overall it gave me a poor impression of the company and I left the interview knowing I did not want to work for them.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to use teamwork to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Akron, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Goodyear in February 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online through Goodyear Careers website. Got a mail asking me to schedule a phone interview. They called me up at the scheduled slot time. Mostly HR questions. Around 30 minutes interview with HR Manager

Interview Questions

• What types of people do you have trouble getting along with?   View Answer
  • What book are you currently reading?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be confident. Know your fundamentals well. Brush up all your had learnt during your undergrad and grad studies.

Engineer

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in January 2012.

Interview Details – Scheduled phone interview online, went through my resume and ask a few HR question.

Interview Question – What is innovation to you.   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goodyear in January 2010.

Interview Details – Initial online tests & phone interview followed by an Assessment center. Assessment center contained group work exercise, presentation and panel interview plus lot of info offered by HR. No hard technical questions, lot of questions about cultural fit and about the background. A chance to talk to some of the employees. Professional and pleasant interviewers.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in this industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Zero negotiation for Grads.

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goodyear in April 2010.

Interview Details – Telephone Interview, online tests, then final face 2 face interview to get the job!

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Worked for Goodyear? Contribute to the Community!