Goodyear

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

3.1

Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Goodyear.

very long and dull, asked minimum did not seem too interested in background and did not answer many of my questions to the full extent in which I had asked. found it a little uncomfortable

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Goodyear.

It was different. 3 different people with 3 very different perspectives interviewed me. 2 went well 1 didn't. I was never contacted again by them. Overall there was a strange atmosphere to the offices I was in.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between and accounting major and a finance major, because where I am from we don't have both.   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear.

Met a Hr representative at a career fair and they scheduled an interview the next morning. 5 behavior based questions but nothing too hard. Got a call back for a second round interview in Akron, OH. Went out to dinner with two HR reps the day before the interview. Next morning went to the headquarters and was interviewed by 3 people and they asked more behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. Ex: " Whats the most successful report you have written?   Answer Question

General Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gadsden, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gadsden, AL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodyear.

asked about being able to work seven days a week and staying on night shift a long time also about getting along with other people working as a team to complete job knowing how to repair equipment when parts were not there to fix and also to always work safe and follow all safety steps and look out for others

none

Consumer Sales Squad Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Goodyear in November 2014.

4 separate 40 minute interviews back to back. Mostly resume based. They ask about leadership. Class projects that have gone poorly. They also ask how you keep up to date on business information.

IT Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goodyear in October 2014.

I was reached out to on LinkedIn by a recruiter from a staffing agency that Goodyear uses for their positions. After e-mail communication he and I had a phone conversation. I then had an hour long phone interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Name three questions you would ask if you were going to design a user access provisioning system?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goodyear in September 2014.

I got an interview from a career fair even held at my current university. I came in the next day for my scheduled interveiw and sat down at a table across from two Goodyear employees. They went on to ask me about 5 behavioral questions throughout the interveiw, and between questions they would make comments and we would just have a conversation. The interveiw was very relaxed and the emplyees were easy to talk to to. They understand that you may need a second to gather your thoughts and they are willing to give you that time to formulate a well rounded response.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you had to work in a team, tell me about a time where you had to be involved with an unethical situation, why goodyear?   Answer Question

Development Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview was 45 minutes long. Basic Behavioral Questions. Had an online webcam interview with 3 people. The interview was very mundane, nothing too exciting. I wish they didn't have a webcam interview as it is very awkward and uncomfortable, especially since you can always see yourself during the interview.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodyear in July 2014.

Recruiter contacted me early in the year and asked me to apply online. Did so and received a rejection email a week later.

Recruiter contacted me again a month ago, asked me to apply online, again, for the same position. Did so and was called for a phone interview. Apparently did well enough on the phone interview to warrant an in-person interview. Interviewed with 4 different people, one from HR, three from the department. Received rejection email on the Saturday after the interview (work-life balance, anyone?).

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or technical. All "tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danville, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Danville, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goodyear.

The hiring and interview process and scheduling seemed to be very organized for the number of people involved. I interviewed with 6 employees in professional/management roles. The schedule of the interview was presented clearly and we remained on task for the most part. Communications prior to and post interview were also well organized.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. All interviewers used the templated interview question format of describe a work situation when/where….x happened and tell us what happened, how you addressed/handled and the outcome.   Answer Question