Goodyear Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

Accountant Interview

Interview

The interview process was extensive. I started with a phone screen followed by a personality assessment and then two rounds of in person interviews with multiple people. However, the questions were standard and, even though the process was long, I didn't think it was excessive.

Interview Questions

I think they've really improved their overall culture but I didn't want to make the commute to Akron. I was also worried about work life balance.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

The HR personnel was very nice, asked me some easy and tough questions, gave me instant feedback about my performance, and told me how to be effective when I go for interviews next time. I like the fact she had to explain where I can improve.

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH).

Interview

I met with HR, department manager, HR manager, and regional manager. I had three meetings in person and two over Skype. Did a brief skills assessment on excel simulation.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The process consisted of a phone interview, a personality test and a long in-person interview in Akron. The people doing the interviews seemed distracted and acted like they did not want to be there. They did not have good things to say about the direction of the company or the people. All of the people gave me great feedback and said I would get the job yet they did not even take me to the next step. They also ask you to do a case study which is childish and not needed at this level.

Center Manager Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Hood, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodyear (Fort Hood, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

First step of the process was a phone interview. Second interview was a face to face interview with two people. Following the second interview I was invited to visit the different types of facilities that the company operates to get a feel for which environment I liked the most.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with someone who wasn't performing to standard and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

General Maintenance Interview

Interview

The hiring process is easy. It's pretty much straight forward if you know how to work on a car or if you don't. Really flexible hours. Because a lot of people don't like to work on cars.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to do an oil change   1 Answer

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Topeka, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear (North Topeka, KS) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was a woman forgot her name, it was at the Topeka warehouse plant on 24 hi way. You apply online, it took me 2 months for them to finally call me. Once they did it was by email, they give you a certain time to respond to that email, to call and set the time for your interview. If you are one second late for your interview you will not be considered. The job started off at 16.25 an hour, they have you dress casual, they were impressed that I wore dress shirt, slacks, and polished dress shoes. They say the interview will last an 11/2 hour, but it only lasted 20 min.

Interview Questions

• You are asked what is your strength and weakness, what did you like or dislike about your previous jobs, you are asked at your last job name a time you suggested something to your employer and they used your idea, they ask you name a time when you have acted in a way that is not becoming, If hired what will you bring. etc. They ask about twenty questions. My interview was on April 12, 2015 and I have never heard from them again. I asked them what they are looking in an employee, I was told dependable, and self motivated. They were looking to hire 50 people, and I was told they were already over their max, we were being interviewed just in case someone didn't pass background or their UA test. I was also told, they didn't no when I would possibly be called: they said it could be two weeks, a month, or six months. In other words they were saying you didn't get the job. Very discouraging. and I have a Bachelors Degree.   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

very long and dull, asked minimum did not seem too interested in background and did not answer many of my questions to the full extent in which I had asked. found it a little uncomfortable

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

It was different. 3 different people with 3 very different perspectives interviewed me. 2 went well 1 didn't. I was never contacted again by them. Overall there was a strange atmosphere to the offices I was in.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between and accounting major and a finance major, because where I am from we don't have both.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

Met a Hr representative at a career fair and they scheduled an interview the next morning. 5 behavior based questions but nothing too hard. Got a call back for a second round interview in Akron, OH. Went out to dinner with two HR reps the day before the interview. Next morning went to the headquarters and was interviewed by 3 people and they asked more behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Ex: " Whats the most successful report you have written?   Answer Question