Goodyear

Relevance Date Difficulty

Training Manager Interview

Training Manager
Danville, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process and scheduling seemed to be very organized for the number of people involved. I interviewed with 6 employees in professional/management roles. The schedule of the interview was presented clearly and we remained on task for the most part. Communications prior to and post interview were also well organized.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. All interviewers used the templated interview question format of describe a work situation when/where….x happened and tell us what happened, how you addressed/handled and the outcome.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

General Service Technician Interview

General Service Technician
Tampa, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview Details – Contacted via email from Monster.com, in person interview. Trained for one week to learn their computer systems. Worked in several stores both and a manager and service manager. Without knowing their entire system, it was a difficult learning experience.

Interview Question – Asked if I had a license.   View Answer

Customer Advisor Interview

Customer Advisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in December 2010.

Interview Details – An online screening is done by RTI, after they screen your background the applicants are sent to various locations for the store manager to review. If the store manger believe that you will be a good fit for the company a phone interview will follow. Basic phone interview-not hard. Next a formal interview at the store. Then if all goes well, the district manager will interview you. Some sales skills are needed but not required.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join the Goodyear Organization?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Normally they start CA @ $12-14. In my case I received $15 for prior sales experience.

Forklift Truck Driver Interview

Forklift Truck Driver
Lawton, OK

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for a production position over the internet. After a couple of weeks I was contacted by the HR department to inform me about their interest and to make an appointment for an interview. During the interview there were 3 panelists who asked questions and the most important thing to them and the senior mgmt is safety. They asked typical interview questions and my experience working with machinery. After the interview was over they called back in less than 24 hours with an offer.

Interview Question – Describe a time at previous job when you had to put safety before productivity.   Answer Question

Technology Engineer Interview

Technology Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and a phone interview was scheduled with technical HR manager. Most of the questions were standard HR questions and few were about my previous experience. The interviewer was patient and friendly. Not a tough nut to crack if you do your groundwork beforehand.

Interview Question – Explain a difficult situation in your career and how did you overcome it.
Difficult decision you made so far.
Experience as a team player.
Few technical questions.
  Answer Question

North America Marketing Interview

North America Marketing
Akron, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Goodyear in January 2014.

Interview Details – Very thorough interview process -- three rounds with internal recruiter, HR and management team. Everyone seemed friendly.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard and related to my specific background/capabilities. No oddball questions.   Answer Question

Customer Advisor Interview

Customer Advisor
Onalaska, WI

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Goodyear in August 2011.

Interview Details – Call and scheduled an interview, 2 interviews and a drug test later i had the job.

Interview Question – It was mostly the preosses, Goodyear likes their role playing.
example: customers been waiting for their oil change and we've had it in for 1 hour 20 min "I really have to go! whats taking so long?!"
  View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Development Engineer Interview

Development Engineer
Hebron, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goodyear in March 2014.

Interview Details – This was a great site with info for my interview, so I should share.
Applied online (1.5hrs) via a link from college.
3.5hrs later I got an email to take a proctored online test (1.5hrs).
Took test on Friday morning, got a call first thing Monday, scheduled a 3person phone interview for that afternoon.
Phone interview: LOTS of behavioral questions, plus the 2minute sell-yourself speech. (Both of which I failed as bad as the test I took) BE PREPARED, know your resume and be ready to explain it to them in detail without being asked any side questions!
Amazingly, for failling everything so far I was invited to s 5hr "meet&greet" the following monday.
Meet & Greet:
there we 6 applicants, but only 4 showed up. DO NOT Wear a suit jacket, it would be overkill. I was the only person with a tie besides a GY engineer. Be ready for a full on psych observation from 16-20 people. 1/4 HR, 1/4 GY Senior Engineers, 1/4 Team you will be working with, 1/4 unknown.
2 45minute interviews, both just me with an HR and with GY top Engineer, so a 2on1.
The rest of the time was non-stop questions. BE SO READY FOR MANY BEHAVIORAL QUESTIONS!!!!!! Bring a pen & pad.
I also failed this horribly. Never been asked so many behavioral questions in my life combined!

Great people! Would have been a great job in Hebron Ohio at the new R&D plant.
The pay was never given.

Interview Question – To many to think! Be ready for non-stop "tell us about a time when...." If you stall they note, it's hard.   View Answer

Professional - Corp Interview

Professional - Corp
Akron, OH

I applied online and interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview Details – Applied online (make sure to copy your answers to a word document - the form is wonky and my answers kept disappearing). After about two weeks, I was scheduled through recruiting company for a 30 min. phone interview. On the phone screening, the team mentioned wanting to move quickly (decision within two weeks). I followed up after two weeks since I didn't hear anything and was told there were no decisions made with the position yet. That was nearly two months ago and I haven't heard anything since (not even a note that they were pursuing other candidates). Pretty poor lack of communication.

Interview Question – Nothing too unexpected. General skill set and experience questions on the initial screening call.   Answer Question

Software Development Analyst Interview

Software Development Analyst
Fort Smith, AR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in February 2014.

Interview Details – Had a 20 minute phone interview with company recruiter. They called me back about a week later to set up an in person interview. The in person interview went as follows:
1) 30 minutes talking with department director and IT manager
2) 45 minutes talking with IT manager and and a senior developer - The questions were a combination of technical and behavioral
3) 1 hour being grilled by three more developers with all sorts of technical questions
4) 1.5 hours to complete a 6 or 7 page written "test" that the developers had put together

Interview Question – It was just the shear number of questions from many different people. This was a 3 hour long interview with questions from start to finish. It was tiring and seemed like way overkill.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goodyear

Worked for Goodyear? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goodyear interview questions and advice. All 82 interview reviews posted anonymously by Goodyear employees and interview candidates.