Goodyear Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015
Updated Mar 5, 2015

3.1

Retail Sales Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in June 2010.

Interview

Interview process was very demanding and required a lot of work but they keep you very well informed. Started with multiple personality tests and very thorough background checks.Had multiple phone interviews and was then flown to Akron for a panel and multiple 1:1s. Everyone was great. Interviews were tough. They were very upfront with everything. The HR director asked the dreaded "what do you feel is your greatest weakness?" question. I was told that this was what kept me from getting the position. I said that I could be cocky but had realized it and was working on it. The people who were offered the position seemed to lean towards saying they had organization issues.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is your greatest weakness.   1 Answer

Development Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in October 2010.

Interview

Long and Arduous. Goodyear has a third party HR firm weed out the initial wave of applicants. They are a bugger to get past. They use a high level leadership driven interview process developed by another third party to determine your leadership attributes by the way you answer situational questions on the phone. After which you must submit to an online application and then a personality exam. All of this and you still know nothing of the position other than the posted job description. Next was a day full of interviews. I had two with two interviewers each and one 1:1 with their boss. I was exhausted by the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a tire to be used on the moon?   2 Answers
    • What automotive industry trends would you expect to impact goodyears product line?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. When most companies could not budge on price, but would add vacation time, Goodyear would not budge on either, but the salary offered was strong. Vacation is an across the board policy, all newbies are equal. Some of the older employees have 5 or 6 weeks vacation, but according to my paperwork I will only be eligible for 4 at a maximum 15 years from start date. I'll get 3 weeks after 5 years.
    I covet vacation, and am very disappointed in Goodyear's offering.

Purchasing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in February 2011.

Interview

Very organized. Began with a phone interview with a 3rd party. Then a phone interview with hiring manager. Then it was 8 hours of on-site interviews with 15 different people. 6 different sessions. Both one on one and group interviews. Concluded with a presentation . Long day but well structured. Feedback and response received within 7 days.

Interview Questions

• Describe the strategic sourcing process you would follow for specific project   Answer Question

Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goodyear (Hebron, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

This was a great site with info for my interview, so I should share.
    Applied online (1.5hrs) via a link from college.
    3.5hrs later I got an email to take a proctored online test (1.5hrs).
    Took test on Friday morning, got a call first thing Monday, scheduled a 3person phone interview for that afternoon.
    Phone interview: LOTS of behavioral questions, plus the 2minute sell-yourself speech. (Both of which I failed as bad as the test I took) BE PREPARED, know your resume and be ready to explain it to them in detail without being asked any side questions!
    Amazingly, for failling everything so far I was invited to s 5hr "meet&greet" the following monday.
    Meet & Greet:
    there we 6 applicants, but only 4 showed up. DO NOT Wear a suit jacket, it would be overkill. I was the only person with a tie besides a GY engineer. Be ready for a full on psych observation from 16-20 people. 1/4 HR, 1/4 GY Senior Engineers, 1/4 Team you will be working with, 1/4 unknown.
    2 45minute interviews, both just me with an HR and with GY top Engineer, so a 2on1.
    The rest of the time was non-stop questions. BE SO READY FOR MANY BEHAVIORAL QUESTIONS!!!!!! Bring a pen & pad.
    I also failed this horribly. Never been asked so many behavioral questions in my life combined!

Great people! Would have been a great job in Hebron Ohio at the new R&D plant.
    The pay was never given.

Interview Questions

• To many to think! Be ready for non-stop "tell us about a time when...." If you stall they note, it's hard.   1 Answer

IT Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

I was reached out to on LinkedIn by a recruiter from a staffing agency that Goodyear uses for their positions. After e-mail communication he and I had a phone conversation. I then had an hour long phone interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Name three questions you would ask if you were going to design a user access provisioning system?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

It was different. 3 different people with 3 very different perspectives interviewed me. 2 went well 1 didn't. I was never contacted again by them. Overall there was a strange atmosphere to the offices I was in.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between and accounting major and a finance major, because where I am from we don't have both.   1 Answer

Senior Technology and Quality Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted for initial interview, selected for drug, background, and health testing, selected for followup panel interview, given offer, minor negotiation, accepted offer. The first interview was a basic one on one screening with an HR specialist. The second was a panel interview that included combinations of personality and situational questions. There was also a series of questions about past performance, experience and skills.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you made a split-second decision that later proved to not be the best course of action, and what would you do differently knowing what you now know?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were minor salary negotiations.

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodyear in January 2012.

Interview

Scheduled phone interview online, went through my resume and ask a few HR question.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

Several people interviewed me via Skype, however, I didn't get an on-site from them.

Component Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Goodyear in April 2011.

Interview

online assessment which takes about 30 min and then phone interview which is done by some other company and he types everything in the computer. and question like describe technical thing in non technical term