Goodyear

82 candidate interviews

Retail Sales Specialist Interview

Retail Sales Specialist
Akron, OH

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Goodyear in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was very demanding and required a lot of work but they keep you very well informed. Started with multiple personality tests and very thorough background checks.Had multiple phone interviews and was then flown to Akron for a panel and multiple 1:1s. Everyone was great. Interviews were tough. They were very upfront with everything. The HR director asked the dreaded "what do you feel is your greatest weakness?" question. I was told that this was what kept me from getting the position. I said that I could be cocky but had realized it and was working on it. The people who were offered the position seemed to lean towards saying they had organization issues.

Interview Question – What do you feel is your greatest weakness.   View Answer

Development Engineer Interview

Development Engineer
Akron, OH

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Goodyear in October 2010.

Interview Details – Long and Arduous. Goodyear has a third party HR firm weed out the initial wave of applicants. They are a bugger to get past. They use a high level leadership driven interview process developed by another third party to determine your leadership attributes by the way you answer situational questions on the phone. After which you must submit to an online application and then a personality exam. All of this and you still know nothing of the position other than the posted job description. Next was a day full of interviews. I had two with two interviewers each and one 1:1 with their boss. I was exhausted by the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a tire to be used on the moon?   View Answers (2)
  • What automotive industry trends would you expect to impact goodyears product line?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate. When most companies could not budge on price, but would add vacation time, Goodyear would not budge on either, but the salary offered was strong. Vacation is an across the board policy, all newbies are equal. Some of the older employees have 5 or 6 weeks vacation, but according to my paperwork I will only be eligible for 4 at a maximum 15 years from start date. I'll get 3 weeks after 5 years.
I covet vacation, and am very disappointed in Goodyear's offering.

Purchasing Interview

Purchasing
Akron, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in February 2011.

Interview Details – Very organized. Began with a phone interview with a 3rd party. Then a phone interview with hiring manager. Then it was 8 hours of on-site interviews with 15 different people. 6 different sessions. Both one on one and group interviews. Concluded with a presentation . Long day but well structured. Feedback and response received within 7 days.

Interview Question – Describe the strategic sourcing process you would follow for specific project   Answer Question

Development Engineer Interview

Development Engineer
Hebron, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goodyear in March 2014.

Interview Details – This was a great site with info for my interview, so I should share.
Applied online (1.5hrs) via a link from college.
3.5hrs later I got an email to take a proctored online test (1.5hrs).
Took test on Friday morning, got a call first thing Monday, scheduled a 3person phone interview for that afternoon.
Phone interview: LOTS of behavioral questions, plus the 2minute sell-yourself speech. (Both of which I failed as bad as the test I took) BE PREPARED, know your resume and be ready to explain it to them in detail without being asked any side questions!
Amazingly, for failling everything so far I was invited to s 5hr "meet&greet" the following monday.
Meet & Greet:
there we 6 applicants, but only 4 showed up. DO NOT Wear a suit jacket, it would be overkill. I was the only person with a tie besides a GY engineer. Be ready for a full on psych observation from 16-20 people. 1/4 HR, 1/4 GY Senior Engineers, 1/4 Team you will be working with, 1/4 unknown.
2 45minute interviews, both just me with an HR and with GY top Engineer, so a 2on1.
The rest of the time was non-stop questions. BE SO READY FOR MANY BEHAVIORAL QUESTIONS!!!!!! Bring a pen & pad.
I also failed this horribly. Never been asked so many behavioral questions in my life combined!

Great people! Would have been a great job in Hebron Ohio at the new R&D plant.
The pay was never given.

Interview Question – To many to think! Be ready for non-stop "tell us about a time when...." If you stall they note, it's hard.   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in January 2012.

Interview Details – Scheduled phone interview online, went through my resume and ask a few HR question.

Interview Question – What is innovation to you.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Akron, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goodyear in April 2011.

Interview Details – Several people interviewed me via Skype, however, I didn't get an on-site from them.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Component Design Engineer Interview

Component Design Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in April 2011.

Interview Details – online assessment which takes about 30 min and then phone interview which is done by some other company and he types everything in the computer. and question like describe technical thing in non technical term

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in February 2010.

Interview Details – It started with an online application that returned a phone call from the hr personel. After an initial phone interview a face to face interview at the company site was held. This was a more like a panel interview with hr mgnr and technical manager.

Interview Question – why do you think goodyear is a good place to work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was fair

Finance and Accounting Leadership Program Interview

Finance and Accounting Leadership Program

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Goodyear in November 2010.

Interview Details – First interview with two people. One is director and one is currently in that program. Final round..interview with four people...controller and 3 VP...they were all so nice..and they knew there are some improvement that they can make..so i think the work environment is really positive and open...that's the reason why i accept the offer.

Interview Question – Tell me a situation that you use a numerical to make your decision.   Answer Question

Business Center Manager Interview

Business Center Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and asked if I was interested in a Business Center Manager position within one of a possible three manufacturing facilities. After about a week, I received an email to complete an online assessment. Almost immediately after the assessment, I received another email with a link to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen was about a week later and it was conducted by a 3rd party company (not Goodyear). The phone screen was pretty awkward because it was only 30 minutes but they wasted the first 10 minutes asking information that was already on your resume - then they asked about 9 additional questions - the person on the other end typed in information as you spoke and there was very little two-way dialogue. My interview went 10 minutes over. The questions were typical...why are you the best person for the job? Describe a technical process in a non-technical way. Tell me about a time you say someone violate a safety policy. ... About a week went by and they sent another email to stay tuned for further updates, and then finally after another week, I received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a technical process in a non-technical way   Answer Question
  • What is the largest organization you've managed? How were you able to be successful in this environment?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goodyear

Worked for Goodyear? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goodyear interview questions and advice. All 82 interview reviews posted anonymously by Goodyear employees and interview candidates.