Goodyear Interview Questions

3.1

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hebron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hebron, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goodyear in March 2014.

This was a great site with info for my interview, so I should share.
    Applied online (1.5hrs) via a link from college.
    3.5hrs later I got an email to take a proctored online test (1.5hrs).
    Took test on Friday morning, got a call first thing Monday, scheduled a 3person phone interview for that afternoon.
    Phone interview: LOTS of behavioral questions, plus the 2minute sell-yourself speech. (Both of which I failed as bad as the test I took) BE PREPARED, know your resume and be ready to explain it to them in detail without being asked any side questions!
    Amazingly, for failling everything so far I was invited to s 5hr "meet&greet" the following monday.
    Meet & Greet:
    there we 6 applicants, but only 4 showed up. DO NOT Wear a suit jacket, it would be overkill. I was the only person with a tie besides a GY engineer. Be ready for a full on psych observation from 16-20 people. 1/4 HR, 1/4 GY Senior Engineers, 1/4 Team you will be working with, 1/4 unknown.
    2 45minute interviews, both just me with an HR and with GY top Engineer, so a 2on1.
    The rest of the time was non-stop questions. BE SO READY FOR MANY BEHAVIORAL QUESTIONS!!!!!! Bring a pen & pad.
    I also failed this horribly. Never been asked so many behavioral questions in my life combined!

Great people! Would have been a great job in Hebron Ohio at the new R&D plant.
    The pay was never given.

Interview Questions
    • To many to think! Be ready for non-stop "tell us about a time when...." If you stall they note, it's hard.   View Answer

Retail Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Goodyear in June 2010.

Interview process was very demanding and required a lot of work but they keep you very well informed. Started with multiple personality tests and very thorough background checks.Had multiple phone interviews and was then flown to Akron for a panel and multiple 1:1s. Everyone was great. Interviews were tough. They were very upfront with everything. The HR director asked the dreaded "what do you feel is your greatest weakness?" question. I was told that this was what kept me from getting the position. I said that I could be cocky but had realized it and was working on it. The people who were offered the position seemed to lean towards saying they had organization issues.

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel is your greatest weakness.   View Answer

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in February 2011.

Very organized. Began with a phone interview with a 3rd party. Then a phone interview with hiring manager. Then it was 8 hours of on-site interviews with 15 different people. 6 different sessions. Both one on one and group interviews. Concluded with a presentation . Long day but well structured. Feedback and response received within 7 days.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the strategic sourcing process you would follow for specific project   Answer Question

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Goodyear in October 2010.

Long and Arduous. Goodyear has a third party HR firm weed out the initial wave of applicants. They are a bugger to get past. They use a high level leadership driven interview process developed by another third party to determine your leadership attributes by the way you answer situational questions on the phone. After which you must submit to an online application and then a personality exam. All of this and you still know nothing of the position other than the posted job description. Next was a day full of interviews. I had two with two interviewers each and one 1:1 with their boss. I was exhausted by the end of the day.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design a tire to be used on the moon?   View Answers (2)
    • What automotive industry trends would you expect to impact goodyears product line?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate. When most companies could not budge on price, but would add vacation time, Goodyear would not budge on either, but the salary offered was strong. Vacation is an across the board policy, all newbies are equal. Some of the older employees have 5 or 6 weeks vacation, but according to my paperwork I will only be eligible for 4 at a maximum 15 years from start date. I'll get 3 weeks after 5 years.
    I covet vacation, and am very disappointed in Goodyear's offering.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in April 2012.

Was contacted by a talent recruiter to fill out a candidate profile. Then was subject to GPA verification followed by a personality test. After the personality test an application was filled out followed by a phone interview. After the initial phone interview(could be skype interview) I was asked to attend an onsite interview. If you can get to this point you're a strong candidate. You have to shine here. The day started with a presentation from various chief engineers, followed by a plant tour, followed by lunch. Be as personable as possible. After lunch 2, hour long interviews will take place after which a group building exercise will take place. The interview questions can be quite difficult it would be beneficial to practice before hand. Good Luck

Interview Questions
    There was no need to negotiate; the offer was very strong.

National Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in May 2012.

Was initially interviewed by the recruiter, then by the HR on phone and finally met the Hiring Manager & the Panel of Top Management face-to face. Then was asked to complete an online assessment with a third party

Interview Questions
    • You have always worked in smaller & local companie, will you be able to adjust to a large MNC?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current job?   Answer Question
    Accepted the offer made as it met my expectations

Component Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in April 2011.

online assessment which takes about 30 min and then phone interview which is done by some other company and he types everything in the computer. and question like describe technical thing in non technical term

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Goodyear in February 2010.

Applied online through Goodyear Careers website. Got a mail asking me to schedule a phone interview. They called me up at the scheduled slot time. Mostly HR questions. Around 30 minutes interview with HR Manager

Interview Questions
    • What types of people do you have trouble getting along with?   View Answer
    • What book are you currently reading?   View Answer
    Be confident. Know your fundamentals well. Brush up all your had learnt during your undergrad and grad studies.

Section Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Goodyear in January 2008.

Good

Interview Questions
    • What is our biggest weakness?   View Answer
    • Where do you want to be in the company in 5 years?   View Answer
    Negligible

Finance and Accounting Leadership Program Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Goodyear in November 2010.

First interview with two people. One is director and one is currently in that program. Final round..interview with four people...controller and 3 VP...they were all so nice..and they knew there are some improvement that they can make..so i think the work environment is really positive and open...that's the reason why i accept the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation that you use a numerical to make your decision.   Answer Question

Worked for Goodyear? Contribute to the Community!