Goodyear Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2014
Updated Sep 28, 2014

3.1

IT Intern Interview

I visited the careers section in their web site and applied for the IT Intern position. I created a profile in their web site and submitted my resume for the same. After some days, the interview has been scheduled.

Interview Questions
    • what was your biggest hurdle so far?   Answer Question
    • How do you react if someone in your group is not working or committed to work ?   View Answer

Area Manager Interview

Great! Very knowledgable Human Resource Personnel

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about balancing your job with home life?   Answer Question
    Yes was able to negotiate. Like buying a car!

Tire/Research Development Interview

It is a Webex video interview. You will be interviewed by the Chief Engineer and an Associate Engineer. You will be asked the standard interview questions about your background, your strengths and weaknesses and how your could contribute to the company. Also you will be asked if you've ever disliked an employer.

Interview Questions
    • Name a moment of accomplishment in you academics or work?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goodyear.

Talked to recruiters at a campus career fair, got an interview the next day. Interviewed with a process engineer and another long-time engineer. Both were very nice and personable, the interview didn't feel intimidating. They started by asking about my resume and experience and then moved to a more behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard behavioral questions: Tell us about a time when you solved a problem in a unique way, etc.   Answer Question

Had another offer, wasn't very attracted to Akron

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Goodyear.

Apply the position on campus. Take the interview on Friday and get the rejection email on Sunday. The interview is held in University's career center.

Interview Questions
    • Almost all the behavior questions are related to "teamwork". Keep asking me what should I do if teammates don't make contributions. I thought they should ask questions related to other aspects such as leadership, ability of dealing with emergency, etc. I'm quite surprised that several behavior questions in a row are all related to teamwork.   Answer Question

New Ventures Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Goodyear in October 2013.

I was contacted by a Senior Recruiter, at The RightThing (an ADP company) for a position with Goodyear Tire and Rubber company. Since the opportunity seemed interesting, I agreed to explore it further and sent him my resume. The recruiter even asked me to fill out the online application and this is where the unprofessional experience began.

The way the online application system was set up caused me to attempt to complete the application at least 3 times. Apparently Goodyear or The RightThing do not have the internal staff to test that their system works.

When I pointed out the glitch, to the recruiter in our phone conversation, his response to me was - "how convenient". This should have been a flag to me to stop the process at this point.

However, this recruiter is persistent and calls me a couple of times, without warning, and asks that I try to fill the extremely long application again and we do this 2 or 3 times before they figure out that their system has a problem. Again this should have prompted me to stop the process immediately.

After the phone screen, I was informed by the recruiter that he will be forwarding my resume to the hiring manager and that he will let me know the next step.

Anyway- After I have jumped through the hoops, to apply for an opportunity that seemed interesting, i get an automated email saying that they are pursuing other candidates. I am ok with not being the right candidate for the job but what I am not OK with is the manner in which the whole process was conducted.

In summary: The recruiter (and by relation The RightThing and Goodyear) did not leave a positive impression in my mind about how they conduct their hiring process. I felt like I was used to fill a certain quota of applicants for a position to help justify the work done by the recruiter. This to me is a learning experience that might be valuable to others applying for opportunities or might be contacted for opportunities to ensure that your time is not wasted and to appropriately pick on the signals that serve as warnings before proceeding.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked by the recruiter were standard and the length of the phone screen should have been a warning. The entire process was very unprofessional.   Answer Question

General Service Technician Interview

Interview went really well but later found out that want was promised in the interview was misleading just to get you in the door.

Interview Questions
    • None but they should ask you are you ready to work here 6 days a week and have no life outside of here. Oh and we are open 7 days a week and don't answer phone on your days off cause they will call you in   Answer Question
    Don't do it

Tire Engineering Interview

online test, telephone interview, onsite with three individual interviews and one group exercise. few questions about technical problem just global view of tire design. Talked about future design of tire.

Development Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview was 45 minutes long. Basic Behavioral Questions. Had an online webcam interview with 3 people. The interview was very mundane, nothing too exciting. I wish they didn't have a webcam interview as it is very awkward and uncomfortable, especially since you can always see yourself during the interview.

General Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodyear in February 2013.

Fill out an online application, they will call you in for an in person interview, answer some questions, they will do a background and drug screen, then you do some training

Interview Questions
    • What are your skills, as this can vary depending on background in the automotive fields   View Answer
    since this was a corporate store, negotiations were minimal
    i had minimum real world experience because i needed some training through school and work