Goodyear Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The process consisted of a phone interview, a personality test and a long in-person interview in Akron. The people doing the interviews seemed distracted and acted like they did not want to be there. They did not have good things to say about the direction of the company or the people. All of the people gave me great feedback and said I would get the job yet they did not even take me to the next step. They also ask you to do a case study which is childish and not needed at this level.

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH).

Interview

I met with HR, department manager, HR manager, and regional manager. I had three meetings in person and two over Skype. Did a brief skills assessment on excel simulation.

General Maintenance Interview

Interview

The hiring process is easy. It's pretty much straight forward if you know how to work on a car or if you don't. Really flexible hours. Because a lot of people don't like to work on cars.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to do an oil change   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodyear (Moscow (Russia)).

Interview

It was really an easy interwiew. I mean it was like a nice talk on professional issues. No tricks to check your stress resistance or somthing like that. The interview was conducted in 3 languages. It was split in 2 parts (in different days). The atmosphere was rather business-friendly.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goodyear (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

I interviewed in Melbourne Australia for a contract Project Manager position. The head digital when came in to interview was spaced out the whole 45 minutes. She was not listening and when I finished talking about my latest experience she asked me 'so tell me about your latest job experience'. Her counterpart was sharp and politely told her that, that is what I just finished talking about.

Later on I found out that they had already decided on a candidate the day before and were interviewing me just for the heck of it as its company policy and probably too late to back out.

Totally un-professional and waste of time.

Interview Questions

• After I finished telling about my last job experience the head of digital asked "so tell me about your latest job experience" LOL   Answer Question

General Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goodyear in April 2011.

Interview

Interview consisted of one to one interview with store manager and service writer at location offering position. Reviewed employment history, pay needs, and company policies.Review of skill set and job requirements.

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Topeka, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear (North Topeka, KS) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was a woman forgot her name, it was at the Topeka warehouse plant on 24 hi way. You apply online, it took me 2 months for them to finally call me. Once they did it was by email, they give you a certain time to respond to that email, to call and set the time for your interview. If you are one second late for your interview you will not be considered. The job started off at 16.25 an hour, they have you dress casual, they were impressed that I wore dress shirt, slacks, and polished dress shoes. They say the interview will last an 11/2 hour, but it only lasted 20 min.

Interview Questions

• You are asked what is your strength and weakness, what did you like or dislike about your previous jobs, you are asked at your last job name a time you suggested something to your employer and they used your idea, they ask you name a time when you have acted in a way that is not becoming, If hired what will you bring. etc. They ask about twenty questions. My interview was on April 12, 2015 and I have never heard from them again. I asked them what they are looking in an employee, I was told dependable, and self motivated. They were looking to hire 50 people, and I was told they were already over their max, we were being interviewed just in case someone didn't pass background or their UA test. I was also told, they didn't no when I would possibly be called: they said it could be two weeks, a month, or six months. In other words they were saying you didn't get the job. Very discouraging. and I have a Bachelors Degree.   Answer Question

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goodyear (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in August 2014.

Interview

Typically 5-6 Rounds of interviews. 1 would be with HR , the rest with technical or concerned personnel in the department you are applying to.Could be a combination of phone or skype or face to face based on the location and availability of the managers or the applying candidate.

Interview Questions

• Mostly on communication skills and personal skills. More concerned with ability to work with variety of teams and ease of getting adjusted.Relevant examples of previous work experiences and accomplishments are definitely useful.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted for initial interview, selected for drug, background, and health testing, selected for followup panel interview, given offer, minor negotiation, accepted offer. The first interview was a basic one on one screening with an HR specialist. The second was a panel interview that included combinations of personality and situational questions. There was also a series of questions about past performance, experience and skills.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you made a split-second decision that later proved to not be the best course of action, and what would you do differently knowing what you now know?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were minor salary negotiations.

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

very long and dull, asked minimum did not seem too interested in background and did not answer many of my questions to the full extent in which I had asked. found it a little uncomfortable