Goodyear

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

3.1

Consumer Sales Squad Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Goodyear in November 2014.

4 separate 40 minute interviews back to back. Mostly resume based. They ask about leadership. Class projects that have gone poorly. They also ask how you keep up to date on business information.

General Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gadsden, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gadsden, AL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodyear.

asked about being able to work seven days a week and staying on night shift a long time also about getting along with other people working as a team to complete job knowing how to repair equipment when parts were not there to fix and also to always work safe and follow all safety steps and look out for others

none

IT Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goodyear in October 2014.

I was reached out to on LinkedIn by a recruiter from a staffing agency that Goodyear uses for their positions. After e-mail communication he and I had a phone conversation. I then had an hour long phone interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Name three questions you would ask if you were going to design a user access provisioning system?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goodyear in September 2014.

I got an interview from a career fair even held at my current university. I came in the next day for my scheduled interveiw and sat down at a table across from two Goodyear employees. They went on to ask me about 5 behavioral questions throughout the interveiw, and between questions they would make comments and we would just have a conversation. The interveiw was very relaxed and the emplyees were easy to talk to to. They understand that you may need a second to gather your thoughts and they are willing to give you that time to formulate a well rounded response.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you had to work in a team, tell me about a time where you had to be involved with an unethical situation, why goodyear?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Goodyear in July 2010.

There were approximately five interviews and aptitude testing to receive the job. The interviewer took me to the IT department to meet people and observe operations. I also met the department head.

Interview Questions
    • What are your goals and where do you want to be in 5 years.   View Answer

General Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodyear in February 2013.

Fill out an online application, they will call you in for an in person interview, answer some questions, they will do a background and drug screen, then you do some training

Interview Questions
    • What are your skills, as this can vary depending on background in the automotive fields   View Answer
    since this was a corporate store, negotiations were minimal
    i had minimum real world experience because i needed some training through school and work

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodyear in July 2014.

Recruiter contacted me early in the year and asked me to apply online. Did so and received a rejection email a week later.

Recruiter contacted me again a month ago, asked me to apply online, again, for the same position. Did so and was called for a phone interview. Apparently did well enough on the phone interview to warrant an in-person interview. Interviewed with 4 different people, one from HR, three from the department. Received rejection email on the Saturday after the interview (work-life balance, anyone?).

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or technical. All "tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Development Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview was 45 minutes long. Basic Behavioral Questions. Had an online webcam interview with 3 people. The interview was very mundane, nothing too exciting. I wish they didn't have a webcam interview as it is very awkward and uncomfortable, especially since you can always see yourself during the interview.

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear in June 2013.

The interview process is a very extensive one, as one would expect from a company as large as Goodyear. I had four rather extensive interviews with both attorneys for whom the job was assigned. Two interviews were conducted by both attorneys at the same time and each attorney interviewed me again separately. Once those were completed, I then interviewed with the head of the department. It is a very thorough and professional interviewing process.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was how my former employer would describe my best trait and my worst. Its tough to answer without sounding either overly confident or not worthy of the job.   Answer Question

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goodyear.

The hiring and interview process and scheduling seemed to be very organized for the number of people involved. I interviewed with 6 employees in professional/management roles. The schedule of the interview was presented clearly and we remained on task for the most part. Communications prior to and post interview were also well organized.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. All interviewers used the templated interview question format of describe a work situation when/where….x happened and tell us what happened, how you addressed/handled and the outcome.   Answer Question