Goodyear Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in July 2011.

Interview

took too long. resume review to phone screen was over 2 weeks, phone to in-person was another 2 weeks, decision to make offer another 2 weeks. good thing I didnt have another offer come in during this process or I would have gone with it instead of Goodyear. Once there, I realized they lose a lot of good candidates because of how long it takes to interview and decide.

Interview Questions

• How to handle a difficult team member on a project   1 Answer

Marketing Manager/North America Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH).

Interview

Contacted by an outside recruiting firm followed by a phone interview. A month later I was contacted by Goodyear HR for a video interview based on behavioral and culture fit questions. Another month later I was contacted by HR again to ask if I was still interested but in the course of our conversation I learned that the scope and responsibilities of the original position changed. I was concerned but still continued with the interview process. 2-3 weeks later I was brought in for a half day interview with multiple team members. Standard interview questions but focused heavily on culture and team fit. Based on past conversations I believe the department experienced some significant turn over and a very specific "fit" was needed. Great conversations with HR and hiring manager but other team members made no effort to hide the fact that they were missable and disgruntled. They were clear that only a specific person fits with the Goodyear culture but they couldn't provide examples or characteristics. After my interview i leveraged my network for advice and past employees spoke of morale issues and others had similar interview experiences. Received an email 2 weeks later stating that I was being turned down for the role.

Business Process Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

the interviews were good. i had three before i got the job. i think the drug test was bad. they cut off a big chunk of my hair and the women was very rude.

Interview Questions

• normal stuff like why I left my last job had I ever been fired stuff like that.   1 Answer

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodyear (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

You applied, then do some things on the computer, then face to face interview. I had to take a long personality and skills test. It was OK but long.

Center Manager Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Hood, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Fort Hood, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

First step of the process was a phone interview. Second interview was a face to face interview with two people. Following the second interview I was invited to visit the different types of facilities that the company operates to get a feel for which environment I liked the most.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with someone who wasn't performing to standard and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Interview

The interview process was extensive. I started with a phone screen followed by a personality assessment and then two rounds of in person interviews with multiple people. However, the questions were standard and, even though the process was long, I didn't think it was excessive.

Interview Questions

I think they've really improved their overall culture but I didn't want to make the commute to Akron. I was also worried about work life balance.

Technology Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear (Topeka, KS) in April 2013.

Interview

I interviewed first on campus with two recruiters then again on campus with the same recruiter, then I went to the plant during a plant tour and interviewed with the quality manager of the plant and the TTL of my business center and finally a third interview with a team member and my boss also held at the plant.This process took about 8 months.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you came up with the stress analysis results of your senior project. (they ask somewhat basic questions but are good about following up with more questions about that project to really get the information they want). It is also pretty informal   1 Answer

Apprentice Trainee Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurangābād, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodyear (Aurangābād, Maharashtra (India)).

Interview

This was my first Interview while I was in Final semester. The Plant is located in H sector of Waluj MIDC, Aurangabad. Get a call from consultancy. Need to register with consultancy paying a 100/- Rupee fees. There was just two rounds of interview: Technical and HR.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview was for the post in Utilities and Material Handling Department. Utilities includes Boilers, Heat Exchangers, Refrigerations and many other thermal equipments in the Plant. So questions were mainly on Thermodynamics. Like Refrigeration cycles, components in Refrigeration cycle and there function, Latent and sensible heat, entropy, etc... HR round was very much casual like how long you are staying in Aurangabad, were you see yourself after 5 years and as such.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

Long and redundant, There were in total 5/6 interviews with the same questions being asked. I should have just been on large panel interview. I felt like I kept repeating myself and it was spread out over 3 months and way too long of a process

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume and then received a call within a few days to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was about an hour. Asked the standard questions. Nothing difficult or out of the norm.