Goodyear

3.1

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hebron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hebron, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goodyear in March 2014.

This was a great site with info for my interview, so I should share.
    Applied online (1.5hrs) via a link from college.
    3.5hrs later I got an email to take a proctored online test (1.5hrs).
    Took test on Friday morning, got a call first thing Monday, scheduled a 3person phone interview for that afternoon.
    Phone interview: LOTS of behavioral questions, plus the 2minute sell-yourself speech. (Both of which I failed as bad as the test I took) BE PREPARED, know your resume and be ready to explain it to them in detail without being asked any side questions!
    Amazingly, for failling everything so far I was invited to s 5hr "meet&greet" the following monday.
    Meet & Greet:
    there we 6 applicants, but only 4 showed up. DO NOT Wear a suit jacket, it would be overkill. I was the only person with a tie besides a GY engineer. Be ready for a full on psych observation from 16-20 people. 1/4 HR, 1/4 GY Senior Engineers, 1/4 Team you will be working with, 1/4 unknown.
    2 45minute interviews, both just me with an HR and with GY top Engineer, so a 2on1.
    The rest of the time was non-stop questions. BE SO READY FOR MANY BEHAVIORAL QUESTIONS!!!!!! Bring a pen & pad.
    I also failed this horribly. Never been asked so many behavioral questions in my life combined!

Great people! Would have been a great job in Hebron Ohio at the new R&D plant.
    The pay was never given.

Interview Questions
    • To many to think! Be ready for non-stop "tell us about a time when...." If you stall they note, it's hard.   View Answer

Software Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goodyear in February 2014.

Had a 20 minute phone interview with company recruiter. They called me back about a week later to set up an in person interview. The in person interview went as follows:
    1) 30 minutes talking with department director and IT manager
    2) 45 minutes talking with IT manager and and a senior developer - The questions were a combination of technical and behavioral
    3) 1 hour being grilled by three more developers with all sorts of technical questions
    4) 1.5 hours to complete a 6 or 7 page written "test" that the developers had put together

Interview Questions
    • It was just the shear number of questions from many different people. This was a 3 hour long interview with questions from start to finish. It was tiring and seemed like way overkill.   Answer Question

North America Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear in January 2014.

Very thorough interview process -- three rounds with internal recruiter, HR and management team. Everyone seemed friendly.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard and related to my specific background/capabilities. No oddball questions.   Answer Question

Retail Development Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear.

Recruited on campus and then asked to fly to Akron, OH (HQ) for another round of interviews. 4 rounds over 4 hour span. Basic behavioral/situational questions with upper management. They are trying to gauge your ability to think quickly about situations and looking specifically for you to explain the "Situation/Action/Result"

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation for me. My first offer that blew the others out of the water coming out of school.

Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goodyear.

I applied online and did not hear back for a month. I then got a notification that I was no longer in the running for the position. I then received a call from the recruiter telling me that was an error. I then had an online behavioral test followed by a hour long behavioral phone interview. I then met with the hiring manager. A few days later I met with another associate. After all of this I was given an interview at headquarters and met with various people regarding the position. I was then given an offer days later. Process took close to 4 months.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever dealt with someone you did not get along with? What happened?   Answer Question

General Service Technician Interview

Interview went really well but later found out that want was promised in the interview was misleading just to get you in the door.

Interview Questions
    • None but they should ask you are you ready to work here 6 days a week and have no life outside of here. Oh and we are open 7 days a week and don't answer phone on your days off cause they will call you in   Answer Question
    Don't do it

Quality Engineering Co-op Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear.

It took almost 2 months to set up first interview. The first interview itself was a video conference interview. It was a panel of two, both from Quality Control department. They were friendly and listened to all the answers patiently. The interview covered most of the behavioral questions such as my plan for next five years, am I comfortable working in a team or not, what is the most difficult situation I have faced, what is the most tricky decision I have taken etc. They did not go much in the technical stuff. The interview lasted for over 45 minutes. They forgot to ask my availability in the interview so I received a mail from the HR department for the same. I provided my availability and did not receive any reply from them.

Interview Questions
    • There were none. All the questions were simple and of the kind that one would expect in the first interview.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goodyear.

Talked to recruiters at a campus career fair, got an interview the next day. Interviewed with a process engineer and another long-time engineer. Both were very nice and personable, the interview didn't feel intimidating. They started by asking about my resume and experience and then moved to a more behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard behavioral questions: Tell us about a time when you solved a problem in a unique way, etc.   Answer Question

Had another offer, wasn't very attracted to Akron

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Goodyear.

Apply the position on campus. Take the interview on Friday and get the rejection email on Sunday. The interview is held in University's career center.

Interview Questions
    • Almost all the behavior questions are related to "teamwork". Keep asking me what should I do if teammates don't make contributions. I thought they should ask questions related to other aspects such as leadership, ability of dealing with emergency, etc. I'm quite surprised that several behavior questions in a row are all related to teamwork.   Answer Question

Finance and Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodyear in October 2013.

My first contact with Goodyear came at a career fair at my school. I talked to the recruiters and was offered an interview for the next day. By that Friday I found out I was invited to the headquarters in Akron for a second round interview that was scheduled to occur the next week. When I got there I had four interview each of them scheduled to last 30 minutes. It was very relaxed. I went in expecting a lot of technical questions, but I wasn't asked any. Two of the interviewers asked behavioral questions and the other two asked me questions based off my past experiences. (Haven't heard back yet, its been 3 days)