Goodyear Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

Software Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goodyear (Fort Smith, AR) in February 2014.

Interview

Had a 20 minute phone interview with company recruiter. They called me back about a week later to set up an in person interview. The in person interview went as follows:
    1) 30 minutes talking with department director and IT manager
    2) 45 minutes talking with IT manager and and a senior developer - The questions were a combination of technical and behavioral
    3) 1 hour being grilled by three more developers with all sorts of technical questions
    4) 1.5 hours to complete a 6 or 7 page written "test" that the developers had put together

Interview Questions

• It was just the shear number of questions from many different people. This was a 3 hour long interview with questions from start to finish. It was tiring and seemed like way overkill.   Answer Question

North America Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Very thorough interview process -- three rounds with internal recruiter, HR and management team. Everyone seemed friendly.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard and related to my specific background/capabilities. No oddball questions.   Answer Question

Retail Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

Recruited on campus and then asked to fly to Akron, OH (HQ) for another round of interviews. 4 rounds over 4 hour span. Basic behavioral/situational questions with upper management. They are trying to gauge your ability to think quickly about situations and looking specifically for you to explain the "Situation/Action/Result"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation for me. My first offer that blew the others out of the water coming out of school.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

I applied online and did not hear back for a month. I then got a notification that I was no longer in the running for the position. I then received a call from the recruiter telling me that was an error. I then had an online behavioral test followed by a hour long behavioral phone interview. I then met with the hiring manager. A few days later I met with another associate. After all of this I was given an interview at headquarters and met with various people regarding the position. I was then given an offer days later. Process took close to 4 months.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with someone you did not get along with? What happened?   Answer Question

General Service Technician Interview

Interview

Interview went really well but later found out that want was promised in the interview was misleading just to get you in the door.

Interview Questions

• None but they should ask you are you ready to work here 6 days a week and have no life outside of here. Oh and we are open 7 days a week and don't answer phone on your days off cause they will call you in   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't do it

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

It took almost 2 months to set up first interview. The first interview itself was a video conference interview. It was a panel of two, both from Quality Control department. They were friendly and listened to all the answers patiently. The interview covered most of the behavioral questions such as my plan for next five years, am I comfortable working in a team or not, what is the most difficult situation I have faced, what is the most tricky decision I have taken etc. They did not go much in the technical stuff. The interview lasted for over 45 minutes. They forgot to ask my availability in the interview so I received a mail from the HR department for the same. I provided my availability and did not receive any reply from them.

Interview Questions

• There were none. All the questions were simple and of the kind that one would expect in the first interview.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

Talked to recruiters at a campus career fair, got an interview the next day. Interviewed with a process engineer and another long-time engineer. Both were very nice and personable, the interview didn't feel intimidating. They started by asking about my resume and experience and then moved to a more behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard behavioral questions: Tell us about a time when you solved a problem in a unique way, etc.   Answer Question

Had another offer, wasn't very attracted to Akron

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

Apply the position on campus. Take the interview on Friday and get the rejection email on Sunday. The interview is held in University's career center.

Interview Questions

• Almost all the behavior questions are related to "teamwork". Keep asking me what should I do if teammates don't make contributions. I thought they should ask questions related to other aspects such as leadership, ability of dealing with emergency, etc. I'm quite surprised that several behavior questions in a row are all related to teamwork.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Goodyear in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a Senior Recruiter, at The RightThing (an ADP company) for a position with Goodyear Tire and Rubber company. Since the opportunity seemed interesting, I agreed to explore it further and sent him my resume. The recruiter even asked me to fill out the online application and this is where the unprofessional experience began.

The way the online application system was set up caused me to attempt to complete the application at least 3 times. Apparently Goodyear or The RightThing do not have the internal staff to test that their system works.

When I pointed out the glitch, to the recruiter in our phone conversation, his response to me was - "how convenient". This should have been a flag to me to stop the process at this point.

However, this recruiter is persistent and calls me a couple of times, without warning, and asks that I try to fill the extremely long application again and we do this 2 or 3 times before they figure out that their system has a problem. Again this should have prompted me to stop the process immediately.

After the phone screen, I was informed by the recruiter that he will be forwarding my resume to the hiring manager and that he will let me know the next step.

Anyway- After I have jumped through the hoops, to apply for an opportunity that seemed interesting, i get an automated email saying that they are pursuing other candidates. I am ok with not being the right candidate for the job but what I am not OK with is the manner in which the whole process was conducted.

In summary: The recruiter (and by relation The RightThing and Goodyear) did not leave a positive impression in my mind about how they conduct their hiring process. I felt like I was used to fill a certain quota of applicants for a position to help justify the work done by the recruiter. This to me is a learning experience that might be valuable to others applying for opportunities or might be contacted for opportunities to ensure that your time is not wasted and to appropriately pick on the signals that serve as warnings before proceeding.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked by the recruiter were standard and the length of the phone screen should have been a warning. The entire process was very unprofessional.   Answer Question

Finance and Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

My first contact with Goodyear came at a career fair at my school. I talked to the recruiters and was offered an interview for the next day. By that Friday I found out I was invited to the headquarters in Akron for a second round interview that was scheduled to occur the next week. When I got there I had four interview each of them scheduled to last 30 minutes. It was very relaxed. I went in expecting a lot of technical questions, but I wasn't asked any. Two of the interviewers asked behavioral questions and the other two asked me questions based off my past experiences. (Haven't heard back yet, its been 3 days)