Goodyear

Area Manager Interview

Area Manager

Interviewed at Goodyear

Interview Details – Great! Very knowledgable Human Resource Personnel

Interview Question – How do you feel about balancing your job with home life?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes was able to negotiate. Like buying a car!

Technology Engineer Interview

Akron, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Goodyear in March 2012.

Interview Details – Met Goodyear representatives at NSBE convention. Had a nice one-on-one interview with them. After 2 months or so, they called about my availability for an open position. 2 rounds of phone interviews followed and then an on-site interview

Interview Question – Can't really remember.It wasn't hard at all   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – employment authorization problem

Business Development Manager Interview

I interviewed at Goodyear in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was reached by a recruiter. First was a phone interview by the recruiter. Not very difficult. basically went through working experiences listed in my resume, and gave some examples related to the skills they were looking for.Then I was required to do an online assessment, and I did not make it.

Interview Question – I did know what kind of assessment they would use. I thought it would be those brain teasing questions like Google or MS would conduct. Actually it is a leadership assessment. Many senarios related to deal with people.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Innovation Advisor Interview

Akron, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in December 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, and the first hurdle is passing through their recruitment agency, The RightThing. In my case, the outside firm declined me but an actual Goodyear HR recruiter contacted me on LInkedIn and got me back into the process. I do not know how to "pass" the screen test from their outside agency, but from reading here and elsewhere it seems to be almost luck. They are not very good at their job nor do they understand the positions.

There was a phone interview followed by an online video interview with the hiring manager. Very good interview and meaningful questions related to the job. Nothing too surprising.

I was invited to a final onsite interview. This was a 3 - 4 hour process and included a lunch interview. My first interviewer was an HR representative. This person was very nice, but perpetuated the stereotype of a worthless HR recruiter. Stock meaningless questions that seemed to come from a negative point of view, e.g. tell me about a weakness (then another one), a time you failed, a struggle, etc. They wanted all of my salary history, but in turn would not volunteer any compensation information. In fact, all of the interviewers followed some sort of corporate guide in asking questions. I then spoke with two potential colleagues. Nice people, corporate questions. This was followed by a one-on-one with another individual and finally a one-on-one with the hiring manager. This included an interview over lunch. His questions deviated from the stock corporate framework and were more insightful and related to the position. My final interview was with a senior VP executive. Nice guy, good questions and nothing too odd.

I was told I would hear back in a couple of weeks, at the end of which I reached out to corporate and their agency. Did not hear back for several more weeks and eventually found out they passed on me. More on that later.

The Good:
Everybody was very nice and personable. They seemed to be genuinely good people.

The Bad:
Terrible HR competency, both internal to Goodyear and external agency. A search for cliche and pointless interview questions would give a good idea of their HR interview approach. Take HR out of the equation, and it would have been better. Nice people, just terrible systems.

The Ugly:
Unprofessional incompetence. While I was very disappointed in not receiving an offer, I'm a grown adult and am OK with a rejection. What upset me was the lack of communication. I interviewed for a mid-senior level position. I was expecting a phone call, which I did not get. At the minimum I would have expected an email. I did not even get that. I received zero communication from them regarding my status. No phone call, no personalized email, no generic thanks-but-no-thanks email. I found out by logging into my online candidate account online.

An absolutely terrible experience. I will no longer ever purchase a product from Goodyear based on their blatant unprofessional lack of communicating their decision. Sort of ironic in that part of the position dealt with the customer experience.

Interview Questions

Business Process Consultant Interview

Business Process Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview Details – It was simple and straight..very soon i got my offer letter..

Interview Question – all questions were simple and related to my skill.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Akron, OH

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview Details – Submitted application to direct supervisor, then submitted application through third-party. After then submitting writing samples, was called for short phone interview. After phone interview came in for a in-person interview. Met with around 5 different team members, and also took and editing test as well as writing test, for total of a 4 hour interview. Then after around a week and a half, got the call to hire, then went back in to take a drug test. Once test was complete, another few weeks for paperwork and testing to process.

Interview Question – Asked about previous experience in relation to what I would be doing with Goodyear and how it has influenced me. Almost every person asked me this question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation, took the offer they gave.

Service Manager Interview

Service Manager
Levittown, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goodyear in October 2008.

Interview Details – Online application. Followed by phone interview. This led to a one on one interview with store manager and district manager. Asked the usual generic questions. Then I was given tour of facility. I was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Question – If you found a co-worker under the influence on the job, what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Finance & Accounting Development Program Interview

Akron, OH

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Goodyear in September 2012.

Interview Details – First Round - On campus, behavioral. Had to take an online questionnaire beforehand.
Heard about seconds rounds a few days afterwards.
Second Rounds - Flown in to Akron, OH the night before, had dinner with current participants of the program, and had 4 interviews at HQ the next morning. Interviewed with an executive, two people in finance/accounting, and a HR representative (each for at least 30 min). Mostly behavioral questions with a few questions to test your finance/accounting knowledge. Heard back very quickly about the offer.

Interview Question – Technical question about DCF   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Production Worker Interview

Production Worker
Lawton, OK

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Goodyear in December 2008.

Interview Details – It is easy. Don't do drugs.

Interview Question – Have you ever created a process at your job that made things easier.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You can say yes or no. It was the great recession... I said yes.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Akron, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview Details – I frequently checked my campus job postings, saw an opening and applied. I then was asked to take a test, which I passed. I then did a first round interview and was asked to come back to Akron for a second round interview where I interviewed with five managers/executives.

Interview Question – There were really no questions that were out of line or unexpected. Fairly straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not haggle over my internship. I felt that their offer was generous.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goodyear