Goodyear Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

Apply the position on campus. Take the interview on Friday and get the rejection email on Sunday. The interview is held in University's career center.

Interview Questions

• Almost all the behavior questions are related to "teamwork". Keep asking me what should I do if teammates don't make contributions. I thought they should ask questions related to other aspects such as leadership, ability of dealing with emergency, etc. I'm quite surprised that several behavior questions in a row are all related to teamwork.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Goodyear in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a Senior Recruiter, at The RightThing (an ADP company) for a position with Goodyear Tire and Rubber company. Since the opportunity seemed interesting, I agreed to explore it further and sent him my resume. The recruiter even asked me to fill out the online application and this is where the unprofessional experience began. The way the online application system was set up caused me to attempt to complete the application at least 3 times. Apparently Goodyear or The RightThing do not have the internal staff to test that their system works. When I pointed out the glitch, to the recruiter in our phone conversation, his response to me was - "how convenient". This should have been a flag to me to stop the process at this point. However, this recruiter is persistent and calls me a couple of times, without warning, and asks that I try to fill the extremely long application again and we do this 2 or 3 times before they figure out that their system has a problem. Again this should have prompted me to stop the process immediately. After the phone screen, I was informed by the recruiter that he will be forwarding my resume to the hiring manager and that he will let me know the next step. Anyway- After I have jumped through the hoops, to apply for an opportunity that seemed interesting, i get an automated email saying that they are pursuing other candidates. I am ok with not being the right candidate for the job but what I am not OK with is the manner in which the whole process was conducted. In summary: The recruiter (and by relation The RightThing and Goodyear) did not leave a positive impression in my mind about how they conduct their hiring process. I felt like I was used to fill a certain quota of applicants for a position to help justify the work done by the recruiter. This to me is a learning experience that might be valuable to others applying for opportunities or might be contacted for opportunities to ensure that your time is not wasted and to appropriately pick on the signals that serve as warnings before proceeding.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked by the recruiter were standard and the length of the phone screen should have been a warning. The entire process was very unprofessional.   Answer Question

Finance and Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

My first contact with Goodyear came at a career fair at my school. I talked to the recruiters and was offered an interview for the next day. By that Friday I found out I was invited to the headquarters in Akron for a second round interview that was scheduled to occur the next week. When I got there I had four interview each of them scheduled to last 30 minutes. It was very relaxed. I went in expecting a lot of technical questions, but I wasn't asked any. Two of the interviewers asked behavioral questions and the other two asked me questions based off my past experiences. (Haven't heard back yet, its been 3 days)

Lube Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goodyear (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I responded to an ad on a classifieds website and gave them a call. They told me to come in and fill out an application. Drove about 20 miles to get there and once I arrived they handed me an application. Before then pen even touched the application I was then asked if I had my own tools and that I must also be certified. Their ad said nothing about needing your own tools and the ad stated that they would train me to be certified as a state inspector. I told them I had neither and the application was snatched from my hands.

Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Goodyear in September 2013.

Interview

I was contact through a third party hiring firm based on my Monster.com Resume. After a couple weeks and a Webex Interview, I was given an onsite interview in Akron. The company flew me out for a full day interview which included 2 one on ones, some team building exercises. Also included was a plant walkthrough to see the process of tires actually being created. Definitely my favorite interview that I've had thus far.

Interview Questions

• What are the three most important things when designing a low resistance tire.   1 Answer

Interview

It is a Webex video interview. You will be interviewed by the Chief Engineer and an Associate Engineer. You will be asked the standard interview questions about your background, your strengths and weaknesses and how your could contribute to the company. Also you will be asked if you've ever disliked an employer.

Interview Questions

• Name a moment of accomplishment in you academics or work?   Answer Question

Forklift Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawton, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goodyear (Lawton, OK) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied for a production position over the internet. After a couple of weeks I was contacted by the HR department to inform me about their interest and to make an appointment for an interview. During the interview there were 3 panelists who asked questions and the most important thing to them and the senior mgmt is safety. They asked typical interview questions and my experience working with machinery. After the interview was over they called back in less than 24 hours with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time at previous job when you had to put safety before productivity.   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Interview

Great! Very knowledgable Human Resource Personnel

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about balancing your job with home life?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes was able to negotiate. Like buying a car!

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process is a very extensive one, as one would expect from a company as large as Goodyear. I had four rather extensive interviews with both attorneys for whom the job was assigned. Two interviews were conducted by both attorneys at the same time and each attorney interviewed me again separately. Once those were completed, I then interviewed with the head of the department. It is a very thorough and professional interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was how my former employer would describe my best trait and my worst. Its tough to answer without sounding either overly confident or not worthy of the job.   Answer Question

Technology Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear (Topeka, KS) in April 2013.

Interview

I interviewed first on campus with two recruiters then again on campus with the same recruiter, then I went to the plant during a plant tour and interviewed with the quality manager of the plant and the TTL of my business center and finally a third interview with a team member and my boss also held at the plant.This process took about 8 months.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you came up with the stress analysis results of your senior project. (they ask somewhat basic questions but are good about following up with more questions about that project to really get the information they want). It is also pretty informal   1 Answer