Goodyear

Updated Dec 8, 2014

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goodyear.

Submitted application to direct supervisor, then submitted application through third-party. After then submitting writing samples, was called for short phone interview. After phone interview came in for a in-person interview. Met with around 5 different team members, and also took and editing test as well as writing test, for total of a 4 hour interview. Then after around a week and a half, got the call to hire, then went back in to take a drug test. Once test was complete, another few weeks for paperwork and testing to process.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about previous experience in relation to what I would be doing with Goodyear and how it has influenced me. Almost every person asked me this question.   Answer Question
    No real negotiation, took the offer they gave.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Goodyear.

I frequently checked my campus job postings, saw an opening and applied. I then was asked to take a test, which I passed. I then did a first round interview and was asked to come back to Akron for a second round interview where I interviewed with five managers/executives.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no questions that were out of line or unexpected. Fairly straightforward.   Answer Question
    I did not haggle over my internship. I felt that their offer was generous.

Finance & Accounting Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goodyear in September 2012.

First Round - On campus, behavioral. Had to take an online questionnaire beforehand.
    Heard about seconds rounds a few days afterwards.
    Second Rounds - Flown in to Akron, OH the night before, had dinner with current participants of the program, and had 4 interviews at HQ the next morning. Interviewed with an executive, two people in finance/accounting, and a HR representative (each for at least 30 min). Mostly behavioral questions with a few questions to test your finance/accounting knowledge. Heard back very quickly about the offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goodyear in August 2012.

Very comfortable interview process. Recruited at local university where initial interviews were held, then attended HQ for second-rounds. HR services could use a slight upgrade, however management makes you feel very comfortable and don't try to stump you throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • Why as a young professional do you want to work in the tire industry?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Goodyear.

Be very plesant and outgoing. SMILE. Looking for friendly people but no come across as a fraud. Think about how a customer feels when first meeting you. What is your first impression, are you trusting? Dress professional, but not a suit. NO sneakers or jeans. Ask lots of questions about job and possible tour of facility where you'll work.

Interview Questions
    • How much do have to know about auto service and tires? What kind of training?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goodyear in April 2012.

Was contacted by a talent recruiter to fill out a candidate profile. Then was subject to GPA verification followed by a personality test. After the personality test an application was filled out followed by a phone interview. After the initial phone interview(could be skype interview) I was asked to attend an onsite interview. If you can get to this point you're a strong candidate. You have to shine here. The day started with a presentation from various chief engineers, followed by a plant tour, followed by lunch. Be as personable as possible. After lunch 2, hour long interviews will take place after which a group building exercise will take place. The interview questions can be quite difficult it would be beneficial to practice before hand. Good Luck

Interview Questions
    There was no need to negotiate; the offer was very strong.

Tire Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goodyear in April 2012.

Initial contact was via email. Then I had a web interview mostly on behavioral questions, give me a time when etc. Finally I had an onsite interview with a few more applicants. First they gave us a nice brief tour, then we did separate interviews, mostly more behavioral questions, then finally we had a team building exercise. Be sure to shine here, come up with something creative exercise communication etc.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you did not meet a deadline, what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Give me a time when a team member did not agree with you, what did you do?   Answer Question
    Fresh out of college I was not able to negotiate much. But also did not need to, other companies that had given me offers tried to lowball me. Goodyear did not, they came right out with a very competitive offer the first time, very nice of them.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear in March 2012.

Met them at the career fair, was called to HQ for an on-site interview. Had a team-building and a technical interview.
    Team-building exercise was focused on how you do an activity with a group of people
    Technical Interview was based on your previous work experience and challenges faced by you in the process.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest challenge you faced in your task or projects   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear in March 2012.

Best Interview Process. Applied online. Got an e mail after 2 days for Human Resources test online. Got a phone interview from recruiter after a month. after 2 weeks Got call for Hiring Manager. Attended the Personal interview after a month. Started the Day with my presentation. Rest of the day Interview with several managers, Engineers an HR Manager. Very good experience.

Interview Questions
    • How do you approach your boss when you know he is very busy?   Answer Question
    • What Kind of Decisions are most difficult for you?   Answer Question

Global Leader Strategic Integration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear in March 2012.

I was invited to apply the position (in 12/11), soon after I was asked to take an online tests, which evaluated my ability to perform under situations of conflict. After a two month wait I got a call for a phone interview, in which they asked questions like what is innovation, do you have reengineering experience, do you have cross cultural experience, how do you manage a situation when you have give priority one project over another? I think thhis phase of the selection was done by Rightthing inc based in Findlay, OH, who must be contractors to Goodyear. After the interview I was told I will get a result within a week, but within few seconds I was asked to fill the corporate recruitment form. After filling the form and waiting for another couple of months, I get an email message saying my background doesn't fit their business needs. Good, they invite a person to apply and take four months doesn't meet theit requirements. I don't what kinfd of people work there