Goodyear Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015
Updated Mar 5, 2015

3.1

Tire Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

Initial contact was via email. Then I had a web interview mostly on behavioral questions, give me a time when etc. Finally I had an onsite interview with a few more applicants. First they gave us a nice brief tour, then we did separate interviews, mostly more behavioral questions, then finally we had a team building exercise. Be sure to shine here, come up with something creative exercise communication etc.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you did not meet a deadline, what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Give me a time when a team member did not agree with you, what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fresh out of college I was not able to negotiate much. But also did not need to, other companies that had given me offers tried to lowball me. Goodyear did not, they came right out with a very competitive offer the first time, very nice of them.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

Met them at the career fair, was called to HQ for an on-site interview. Had a team-building and a technical interview.
    Team-building exercise was focused on how you do an activity with a group of people
    Technical Interview was based on your previous work experience and challenges faced by you in the process.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you faced in your task or projects   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

Best Interview Process. Applied online. Got an e mail after 2 days for Human Resources test online. Got a phone interview from recruiter after a month. after 2 weeks Got call for Hiring Manager. Attended the Personal interview after a month. Started the Day with my presentation. Rest of the day Interview with several managers, Engineers an HR Manager. Very good experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach your boss when you know he is very busy?   Answer Question
    • What Kind of Decisions are most difficult for you?   Answer Question

Global Leader Strategic Integration Interview

Application

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear (Cleveland, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

I was invited to apply the position (in 12/11), soon after I was asked to take an online tests, which evaluated my ability to perform under situations of conflict. After a two month wait I got a call for a phone interview, in which they asked questions like what is innovation, do you have reengineering experience, do you have cross cultural experience, how do you manage a situation when you have give priority one project over another? I think thhis phase of the selection was done by Rightthing inc based in Findlay, OH, who must be contractors to Goodyear. After the interview I was told I will get a result within a week, but within few seconds I was asked to fill the corporate recruitment form. After filling the form and waiting for another couple of months, I get an email message saying my background doesn't fit their business needs. Good, they invite a person to apply and take four months doesn't meet theit requirements. I don't what kinfd of people work there

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

interviewed at Goodyear in March 2012.

Interview

I was reached by a recruiter. First was a phone interview by the recruiter. Not very difficult. basically went through working experiences listed in my resume, and gave some examples related to the skills they were looking for.Then I was required to do an online assessment, and I did not make it.

Interview Questions

• I did know what kind of assessment they would use. I thought it would be those brain teasing questions like Google or MS would conduct. Actually it is a leadership assessment. Many senarios related to deal with people.   Answer Question

Technology Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

Met Goodyear representatives at NSBE convention. Had a nice one-on-one interview with them. After 2 months or so, they called about my availability for an open position. 2 rounds of phone interviews followed and then an on-site interview

employment authorization problem

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

I was very surprised at how quickly, Goodyear made their move to make the offer. After the face to face interview, I received a call from HR within an hour letting me know that they will extend an offer within two days.

Customer Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Goodyear (Onalaska, WI) in August 2011.

Interview

Call and scheduled an interview, 2 interviews and a drug test later i had the job.

Interview Questions

• It was mostly the preosses, Goodyear likes their role playing.
      example: customers been waiting for their oil change and we've had it in for 1 hour 20 min "I really have to go! whats taking so long?!"

1 Answer

Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in May 2011.

Interview

Applied online and got an e-mail immediately asking me to take an online assessment, after clearing that, got an e-mail the next day asking to schedule a phone interview. Went to the online website and scheduled appointments (looked like some third party company does this for Goodyear). two days later I did the phone interview at the scheduled time. The interviewer clearly mentioned that she will be writing down my answers as I respond. The interviewer went through my resume, education, previous work experience etc., in detail. Then asked me 1 or 2 HR questions regarding leading a team and handling problems. Concluded with some job specific questions, if I had any experience with some job specific functions. Asked me to monitor my e-mail regarding further steps in the process. Has been a week. No response yet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience leading a team, that you gained through your previous jobs   1 Answer
    • Have you had any experience troubleshooting process equipment to reduce downtime   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

Several people interviewed me via Skype, however, I didn't get an on-site from them.