Goodyear

Very Easy Interview

Global Leader Strategic Integration Interview

Global Leader Strategic Integration
Cleveland, OH

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Goodyear in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was invited to apply the position (in 12/11), soon after I was asked to take an online tests, which evaluated my ability to perform under situations of conflict. After a two month wait I got a call for a phone interview, in which they asked questions like what is innovation, do you have reengineering experience, do you have cross cultural experience, how do you manage a situation when you have give priority one project over another? I think thhis phase of the selection was done by Rightthing inc based in Findlay, OH, who must be contractors to Goodyear. After the interview I was told I will get a result within a week, but within few seconds I was asked to fill the corporate recruitment form. After filling the form and waiting for another couple of months, I get an email message saying my background doesn't fit their business needs. Good, they invite a person to apply and take four months doesn't meet theit requirements. I don't what kinfd of people work there

Very Difficult Interview

Purchasing Interview

Purchasing
Akron, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in February 2011.

Interview Details – Very organized. Began with a phone interview with a 3rd party. Then a phone interview with hiring manager. Then it was 8 hours of on-site interviews with 15 different people. 6 different sessions. Both one on one and group interviews. Concluded with a presentation . Long day but well structured. Feedback and response received within 7 days.

Interview Question – Describe the strategic sourcing process you would follow for specific project   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Akron, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goodyear in April 2011.

Interview Details – Several people interviewed me via Skype, however, I didn't get an on-site from them.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Control Systems Engineer
Akron, OH

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was very surprised at how quickly, Goodyear made their move to make the offer. After the face to face interview, I received a call from HR within an hour letting me know that they will extend an offer within two days.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Goodyear?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Development Engineer Interview

Development Engineer
Akron, OH

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Goodyear in October 2010.

Interview Details – Long and Arduous. Goodyear has a third party HR firm weed out the initial wave of applicants. They are a bugger to get past. They use a high level leadership driven interview process developed by another third party to determine your leadership attributes by the way you answer situational questions on the phone. After which you must submit to an online application and then a personality exam. All of this and you still know nothing of the position other than the posted job description. Next was a day full of interviews. I had two with two interviewers each and one 1:1 with their boss. I was exhausted by the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a tire to be used on the moon?   View Answers (2)
  • What automotive industry trends would you expect to impact goodyears product line?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate. When most companies could not budge on price, but would add vacation time, Goodyear would not budge on either, but the salary offered was strong. Vacation is an across the board policy, all newbies are equal. Some of the older employees have 5 or 6 weeks vacation, but according to my paperwork I will only be eligible for 4 at a maximum 15 years from start date. I'll get 3 weeks after 5 years.
I covet vacation, and am very disappointed in Goodyear's offering.

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in March 2011.

Interview Details – Many questions about Ph.D research, career goal, perfect job, what position do I see myself in 10 years, questions on publications and expertise (based on CV)

Interview Questions

• Describe your ideal job position. Why?   Answer Question
  • Any difficulties you had during your Ph.D study and research? How did you deal with it? Did you ask for help from others?   Answer Question

Akron, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Goodyear in May 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an e-mail immediately asking me to take an online assessment, after clearing that, got an e-mail the next day asking to schedule a phone interview. Went to the online website and scheduled appointments (looked like some third party company does this for Goodyear). two days later I did the phone interview at the scheduled time. The interviewer clearly mentioned that she will be writing down my answers as I respond. The interviewer went through my resume, education, previous work experience etc., in detail. Then asked me 1 or 2 HR questions regarding leading a team and handling problems. Concluded with some job specific questions, if I had any experience with some job specific functions. Asked me to monitor my e-mail regarding further steps in the process. Has been a week. No response yet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience leading a team, that you gained through your previous jobs   View Answer
  • Have you had any experience troubleshooting process equipment to reduce downtime   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Akron, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Goodyear in May 2009.

Interview Details – Overall a very basic interview. There were a few "star" type interview questions. The interviewer asked one question and told me to take "10 minutes to think about the answer" and we proceeded to sit in silence until he allowed me to answer - I was cut off when i tried to start early. The interviewer seemed very nervous and did not speak english well. Overall it gave me a poor impression of the company and I left the interview knowing I did not want to work for them.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to use teamwork to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Akron, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Goodyear in September 2009.

Interview Details – 1on 1 phone interview.
One of the question asked is to "Describe a technical term in a non-technical way."

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Goodyear in March 2011.

Interview Details – Only technical questions, asked by an assistant, after my response she kept typing and the questions seemed to be selected from some kind of list

Interview Question – How to translate technical language to non-technical language   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goodyear