Google

Average Difficulty
35 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – contacted through email for a phone interview. did not make it past that

Interview Question – just walked through resume, asked why Google   Answer Question

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online and was lucky enough to be selected from roughly 7K resume submissions/day at that time. The process was long and I didn't know how many rounds there were but the key is being patient and giving it your best every time.

Interview Question – Name a difficult client situation and how did you resolve it?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – there wasn't much of a negotiation. take it or leave it basically.

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – I applied online and then had 2 interviews, both o them were by phone. First was more like a background check, and the other one was already more concrete and like it is always described to be: with unexpected questions, precise tasks. I was also asked several questions which involve calculations, and as I do not have any background in math, I couldn't really answer them correctly. However, I tried to show the way I was thinking, hoping that it sounded logical enough.

Interview Question – How many emails are sent out in my country daily?   View Answer

New York, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Google in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was actually not as stressful as I had been lead to believe. It started with an HR screening interview (by phone - 30 min), followed with a phone interview with the team lead for 30 min. Next, I went into the office and met with 4 people for 45 minute interviews. The interview questions were a little stale - a little too direct, not conversational enough. Ultimately, I did not have enough experience for the role, but I would not be averse to pursuing another opportunity there in the future.

Interview Questions

• What types of Google products would you utilize to increase sales of X company by 20%   View Answers (2)
  • If a car company was introducing a new hybrid vehicle, what Google products would you use to bring the new car to market?   View Answers (3)

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Google in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was called by a recruiter after submitting a resume online a few weeks before. I was surprised to get a call as I was not having high hopes of being contacted by Google. I missed the initial call due to a conference call, I had to call the recruiter a few times to get a response. Finally scheduled a brief phone interview with her, then moved on to interview with an account manager, I was then asked to fly up for an in-person interview just a couple hours after.

The travel arrangement was easy and I felt well taken care of. I met the recruiter in person and got to tour the building briefly before heading to a conference room. I was to interview with 4 different people and 30 mins each. My first interviewer had to be in New York, so we did a video conference which made me nervous at first, but he was very nice and gave me a good vibe that it was going well. My next 2 interviewers were also nice, made me feel very welcome and comfortable. The last interviewer was not very friendly, he just gave the impression that he was very book smart, which was very intimidating. He basically just put me on a spot with all of his technical questions, and I think I did pretty bad.

About a week after, I got a rejection email saying I didn't get the job. I called the recruiter right away and wanted to schedule a follow-up just to see how I did and how I could improve. I waited almost a month after multiple follow-up emails and voicemails. But my overall experience was still good, the recruiter is nice but I guess she was too busy. The people that I met on site were all friendly, and it was such a great experience. I still very much want to work for Google and hope for another chance soon.

Mountain View, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Google in March 2011.

Interview Details – A Google recruiter contacted me via e-mail and I responded back and we schedule an interview. I had an interview with the recruiter which covered my resume and details about my work history. The recruiter was very positive and provided me several links to learn more about the position I was being considered for as well as a video on YouTube of what it is like to work at Google. After signing a NDA on the details of the specific position I had a second phone interview with the Director of the group which went well and focused on a specific skills set from a previous company that he was interested in. I was then flown out for 3 back to back 30 minute interviews. I met with a marketing manager, account manager, and operational manager. I had a really positive interview experience but I did not get the job. I was surprised as one of the interviewers advised they were certain they would see me back on campus in a week or two. The interview questions that were difficult were not ones you could prepare for as they seem to be generated by the important questions managers and leadership are asking themselves about the business. After the interview I had a slight feeling of having been used as a consultant. I thought this was actually a very good way of seeing how people might offer something new from their own experience with these issues as well as an opportunity to see how a candidate thinks on his feet. If you are an account manager be prepared to talk about account management in an intelligent way. If you were a sales manager prepare to talk about how you assign accounts and how you might improve the tools used for account management.

Interview Question – What is the best way to distribute accounts to your account managers?   View Answer

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Google in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online for an account manager for ad words. The application involved a personality test, to which I answered honestly. The recruiter called me the next day and set up a phone conversation with HR. My first contact with HR was great. The recuiter there was informative and gave some great tips for further interviews (to research new products, be prepared with suggestions to improve a product)

Next, HR called and asked nothing except to verify information on my resume. They then set up a time for me to have a phone conversation with the manager of the unit.

I spoke with the manager and it was a pleasant conversation. His questions were the basic interview questions and the questions that HR had prepared me for. At the end of the conversation he told me he was going to move me on to on site interviews. HR called maybe an hour later and set up a time for me to head to the campus.

Onsite I interviewed with three people. Two potential co-workers and a manager. Everything went well and they asked the usual interview questions. They also asked some questions based on the Google / China news and asked my opinion on it. So I suggest reading up on the news about Google.

The interviews were really fast and I didn't get much time to ask questions.

I didn't get an offer but I think that its because I didn't have much experience in sales. I also could have prepared more and shortened my answers (they were a bit long). All in all I loved their HR recruiter and would apply again based on my experience.

Interview Questions

Mountain View, CA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Google in June 2010.

Interview Details – After a recruiter received my information, I received a call from the company. This consisted of a background check to match my skills with open positions in the company, as well as a few questions about my level of experience managing teams and facing difficult situations. Next, I had a phone interview with a hiring manager who asked me questions for 30 minutes regarding my resume, what-if situations, and familiarity with AdWords.

Following this, I flew to Mountain View and had 3 interviews, each 30 minutes, with different members of the OSO team. Questions were again related to past experiences, the type of people I would like to work with, moments where I failed or succeeded, history with customer support, and also a few "30 second elevator sales pitches" on AdWords. Ultimately, I didn't have enough experience for the job, but the company was very pleasant and I would still consider working for them.

Interview Question – What would you change or improve about Google AdWords?   Answer Question

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google in April 2010.

Interview Details – Called by Google. Interview on-site after 2 days of call. Recommended for a more senior role than entry-level. Didn't have enough experience for the senior role. Whole process took about a month, with recruited calls everyday to provide information about every detail of what you've done from birth up to now. That's Google for you.

Interview Question – Why this position?   Answer Question

Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google in August 2009.

Interview Details – I spent 3 hours doing onsite interviews and then never heard back from them. I was working with an outside recruiter who couldn't get any feedback either. After a month, a friend of mine who works at Google, contacted HR to find out the status of my interviews. Only 1 out of the 4 people I had interviewed with had submitted feedback on my interview. The internal requirements are for all reviews to be submitted with 24hrs, which are then used to assign a score to you. The internal recruiter never followed with the interviewers and after getting a call from his boss (my friend has pull and escalated the situation) the internal recruiter finally called me back and said they were going to pass. I asked him how they could make that decision without having any feedback on my interview. He just said they had lots of candidates. Basically, I fell through the cracks and got screwed. In hindsight, I am very glad I took my current job and am not working at Google.

Interview Question – Describe a sales cycle where you lost the opportunity you were working on.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Google

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google Account Manager interview questions and advice. All 35 interview reviews posted anonymously by Google employees and interview candidates.