Google Account Strategist Interview Questions & Reviews

3.5

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Ann Arbor, MI
Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google in March 2014.

Was contacted by a recruiter after sending resume to a current Google employee. We set up two interviews back to back. The first was a lot of resume stuff, as well as a few business questions, and the second was only 4 business scenario type questions. Overall the process went really well, the interviewers were great. Unfortunately didnt make it to the next round.

Interview Questions
  • What 3 things would you change at your University/work place if you were CEO today?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Google in January 2014.

There was a lot of contact via email prior to the interviews. I had a total of two phone interviews - one with the recruiter and another one with a person in the role for which I applied. I was then invited on site for 3 more interviews. The interviews went great and the atmosphere was really pleasant. I liked the offices and everyone I met there was fun to talk to. They all seemed like a big family.

Interview Questions
    • There was no unexpected question as such. Most questions revolved around my prior experience and how that would relate to the position I am applying for.   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tel Aviv (Israel)
    Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv (Israel)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google in February 2013.

40 min phone interview, two on site interviews

Interview Questions
    • very analytically hard questions, some with no clear answer, like: if you had 100 million dollars for an online advertising campaign - how would you use them?   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Google in July 2013.

Was contacted by a recruiter for position. Had a first-round phone interview and it went well. Was informed I was through to second round and would be interviewed by a team member in the department where the vacancy was. it was going to be a sales pitch to a bank, followed by an interview. interviewer was extremely tough and interupted the sales pitch numerous times and was being an extremely difficult "customer".

Interview Questions
    • How will online advertsing change in the next 10 years   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Google.

Two months after a friend who works for Google submitted my application, I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interviewer. Contrary to what most of these reviews say, my phone interview was a combined phone screen and interview. I was asked a lot of situational questions relevant to the job description as well as general questions regarding my resume and transcript. My advice would be to openly explain any less than excellent grades on your transcript (for Google that means anything below an A-..). The recruiter seemed impressed with our conversation and said he was leaning toward inviting me to an onsite interview and would let me know for sure once he reviewed my transcript. Though he said he would get back to me in 3 days, it took 2 weeks, and I was not offered an onsite interview. I can only imagine the B's I received in some of my business courses are to blame.

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Istanbul (Turkey)
    Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Google in August 2011.

First, I got a phone interview with a recruiter from Paris office. She gave me an immediate feedback about the interview and told me that I was a good fit. They have send me an e-mail in the following week stating that Industry Leader wants to meet me on Google Talk since I was away from the country at that time.It went OK and I passed to the next stage. The third interview took place in Istanbul office, I got 2 one to one interviews.The first one was with a Account Manager and went pretty well.He asked 2 brainteasers followed by 3 online marketing optimization questions. The interview with Industry Leader did not go well.She was bitchy during the interview and asked random questions about my qualifications, what she wants to see on the candidate ...etc. She was not really interested in a candidate who is eager to learn, a good fit to Google culture and has an interesting CV.
    Take the offer if you are just into sales. The industry leader want to see a candidate with good selling skills and that's all!!!

Interview Questions
    • If you look at a clock and the time is 3:15, what is the angle between the hour and the minute hands?   View Answers (4)

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Prague (Czech Republic)
    Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Google in October 2010.

I applied Online in June and I was very suprised that Google recruiter contacted me in late October. I did two phone interviews, one with recruiter (scaning my background and what do I know about AdWords) and one with Industrial manager.

Later then, I did 5 interviews on-site with people I would collaborate with and finaly with Country Manager. All interviews went pretty well, people there were really nice and communicative. Recruiter was French but all interviews were set-up correctly.

They all wanted to know how did I use AdWords/how would I sell it to customers and we also had a chat about my interests. Some of them gave me some brainteasers.

After final interview I havent heard a single word from them, even when I tried to contact them, so I still dont know, what went wrong. Only guess I can make is that Country Manager told me in feedback (after long and suprisingly plesant interview) that I lack sales skills (but she told me that it is not such a big deal).

Interview Questions
    • There is a lid and the bottle and price for them (1 set) is 1,5 Kc. How much is the bottle, if lid is twice as bottle?   View Answer
    • How many coffe cups people drink in London per day?   View Answer

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wrocław (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrocław (Poland)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google in January 2014.

The interview was very friendly. They were mainly focusing on different scenarios that I faced on my previous customer service experience.

Account Strategist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Google.

The interview process was quite long, I would say about 2 months since initial contact. There are a lot of stages: 1 screen phone call with a recruiter, 1-2 calls with a manager/somebody in a similar position that you're applying for, 3-5 onsite interviews. After these rounds, the application then moves to the hiring committee. I had to prepare additional info for that and send it to my recruiter. I would say this was the most difficult stage because I wasn't exactly sure what was expected of me and how much my input is going to be waged against the interview feedback.

My screen was good. My second interview I thought didn't go very well. I kept having problems with my signal. The behavioral questions were all very specific and I couldn't think of a particular situation that could address the specific concern. For example, the manager asked me to give him three examples of when I dealt with a difficult customer but my reaction has actually revolutionized the way my company dealt with customers since then. Honestly, I didn't have any such experience, so I kind of tried to talk around it but it was obvious he wasn't having it. Overall, I thought he was tough. He was definitely testing me if I had done my homework and prepared for the behavioral questions.

To my surprise I passed to the onsite interviews. Those went amazing. I think they couldn't really have gone better. The best thing is that I felt like I had the opportunity to really express who I was and what I would bring to the company. We talked about the future of Google as a company, about my particular interests to be involved with this future, about the current products, etc. I was actually asked a lot of "big" questions in regards to my overall goals and how they coalesce with the company. I had a really great time.

After the interviews, I had a debriefing with somebody in the same role. That was really nice as I was able to ask a lot of the more personal questions about the office life, the city, and the overall experience. He didn't hesitate to tell me both the good and the bad. Overall, I felt very good about the office. The onsite interviews actually reinforced my desire to work in this role for Google.

My application passed onto the hiring committee very quickly. The only negative thing is that after this stage I wasn't exactly sure how likely it was that I got the job or not. My recruiter basically didn't answer any direct questions. Since I had to handle school as well as other job prospects, it was very difficult to not know where I really was with Google. I also didn't appreciate that I wasn't given a clear answer about when I would hear the final decision.

Interview Questions
    • Many business case questions in my case. The analytical interview was definitely the most challenging but also the most fun. It was all about analyzing a given problem, coming up with an adequate solution quickly, and explaining why this solution works. I was asked to include specific percentages in my evaluation.   Answer Question
    I felt like the negotiations weren't as smooth as they could have been. The offer was firm and didn't mention any details which I discussed with my recruiter. They basically promised me something (regarding relocation) that was not part of the offer.

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Google in December 2013.

Process:

- 1 Phone call from recruiter
    - 1 Call with Hiring Manager
    - 3 Onsite Interviews (Over Hangouts)

My 3 most helpful points:

1. Expect challenging questions about sales, Google AdWords and online marketing strategies right from the first call.

2. These interviews aren't really that difficult, if you prepare well in advance. Preparation means learning everything (at least at a high level) about Google products (AdWords especially), the tech industry, sales and marketing. Learn some marketing strategic frameworks or sales pitching frameworks that will help you breakdown a question and answer it effectively and confidently. Immerse yourself in this industry and this role by reading articles about it and talking to people in this field. Use Google AdWords learning resources and read/learn from everyone's interview experiences for this role on Glass Door - this really helped me and made me think about other related questions that could have been asked. You could prepare well enough by spending a few hours everyday on this for about 4 weeks (it will vary from person to person but I'm just trying to convey that you can become a beast in this in a relatively short period of time)

3. Sure, you can whip out great answers when you're in the interview, but some practice answering these questions out loud can go a long way. Visualize yourself in the interview, being composed, paying attention the to the detail in every question asked and answering every question successfully.

Finally, nothing beats passion and culture fit. You need to be in love with some aspect of this role. It's an important part of getting the job. You also need to see your values, thinking and business attitude aligning with that of Google and your specific team within Google.

Interview Questions
    • "You're a Product Manager for Android, sales are declining in your region, what will you do to improve sales in that region - tell me the steps and explain each?"   View Answer
    Non-negotiable

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!