Google Account Strategist Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

3.6

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Lengthy process and very gruelling. Mostly case based questions were asked. Important to be able to think on the spot and great with back of the envelope math. Had a written round before that as well. The time to respond by the company after interview is fairly long. Had multiple rounds of interview. It is surely not easy and its best to go prepared atleast about Google and products.

Interview Questions

• Mostly case based questions were asked   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

The interview process was transparent and straight forward. After the initial phone interview I had two more rounds on the phone before I was invited to Dublin where I had the chance to meet the whole team.

Interview Questions

• How many consumers are currently using the Internet at this point in time?   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mexico City (Mexico)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through Cia de Talentos Got contacted weeks later, answered a google Fit Quiz Had first interview with Cia de talentos Had first interview with Google HR. 2 following interviews with Google, possible team partners interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve ROI for x, y company in 6 months? Why shouldn't we hire you? Tell me a time you had a problem at a leadership position and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a googler, and then I got contacted some days later by a recruiter. (important: you can only make it trough a referral. This is important, and it will pop up later on). The HR was quite messy, and she took 1 month to agree on a date. However, when I talked to her, the interview was very easy and she was very kind to me. Next step was with an account manager. Now, all questions are purely, purely behavioural on skills related to the job (tell me how you handle client, tell me how you have sold something, etc) and I did not had any google-product related questions, which threw me off a bit. No questions on googleyness. Just STAR questions. I did not pass to the next round. A couple of considerations: 1) the referral system screws off a bit, imho. I got the sense that when you are referred, you HAVE to be called and because of this you are staffed on positions which might not suit your profile. Because of the fact that your previous experience does matter, this is a problem which arise later on, and on which you are heavily judged on. 2) Because of the strongly behavioural driven interview, there are no real right or wrong answers - this is complicated that by the fact that Google interviewers look for "something" (googleyness), which is neither explained what it is nor actually explicable (I doubt that Goole can actually define what they are looking for). 3) Feedback is null. Again, in the process there is this heavy sense of vagueness. 4) At the end, you are tested on skills it is not apparently mandatory to have and judged on impalpable traits that are not clear at all. At the end, I am quite glad I was not hired.

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I interviewed at Google in March 2014.

Interview

Quite messy interview process. First of all, I have the sense google only works trough refers - if you have one, you will go, otherwise you will not. This actually is quite a problem, because if you are referred what happens next is that you got interviewed almost 100%, but then you are cut off because of lack of experience later on, thus meaning you lose time. I got contacted from an HR quite sometimes after I got referred, and passed the first screening, with very basic questions. I then had a phone interview with a Googler who was quite hostile to me and made me just a couple of questions. Google is super structured - they really want you to be almost like a robot. Got a mail one week after saying I did not pass with no explanations. I personally think it is impossible to prepare for Google. Googleyness was not tested to me (and how to, in case? it is not even clear what it is), questions on Google products were not tested either, just one behavioural questions after another, with no real true answer (also; the interviewer test one question after another imo reading a paper, thus not adjusting to what you say/don't say). The sense of indefiniteness I had in the whole process, the total absence of reliable metrics on which I was judged on and the absence of a true feedback left me very perplexed, and I do not think I will apply to Google again.

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2011.

Interview

There are multiple interviews including two phone interviews. One with a recruiter and one with a Googler. Then there are three onsite (same day) interviews with team members and management. Finally you will need to submit an employment pack.

Interview Questions

• How would you advise business X in relation to Adwords strategy?   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First you have a phone screening. Basic questions about your resume. If you are lucky then you are invited for a face to face interview. Al people in the team that you are going to work with are involved and you must reach consensus in order to get hired.

Interview Questions

• Think of a dream business/startup you would like to do and design a business plan to run the company.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter after sending resume to a current Google employee. We set up two interviews back to back. The first was a lot of resume stuff, as well as a few business questions, and the second was only 4 business scenario type questions. Overall the process went really well, the interviewers were great. Unfortunately didnt make it to the next round.

Interview Questions

• What 3 things would you change at your University/work place if you were CEO today?   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wrocław (Poland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Wrocław (Poland)) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was very friendly. They were mainly focusing on different scenarios that I faced on my previous customer service experience.

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2014.

Interview

There was a lot of contact via email prior to the interviews. I had a total of two phone interviews - one with the recruiter and another one with a person in the role for which I applied. I was then invited on site for 3 more interviews. The interviews went great and the atmosphere was really pleasant. I liked the offices and everyone I met there was fun to talk to. They all seemed like a big family.

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected question as such. Most questions revolved around my prior experience and how that would relate to the position I am applying for.   Answer Question