Google Account Strategist Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

3.6

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

-received Phone Screening, after one week a phone interview with the recruiter -3 face to face onsite interviews with managers and a senior staff -Conduct mostly in English and Madarin -The interview questions are not that difficult, but you really need to be well prepared. esp knowledge in google products

Interview Questions

• Are you a good team player? Why are you interested in working at google   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Google (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First you have a phone screening. Basic questions about your resume. If you are lucky then you are invited for a face to face interview. Al people in the team that you are going to work with are involved and you must reach consensus in order to get hired.

Interview Questions

• Think of a dream business/startup you would like to do and design a business plan to run the company.   2 Answers

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

The interview process was transparent and straight forward. After the initial phone interview I had two more rounds on the phone before I was invited to Dublin where I had the chance to meet the whole team.

Interview Questions

• How many consumers are currently using the Internet at this point in time?   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Google in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a googler, and then I got contacted some days later by a recruiter. (important: you can only make it trough a referral. This is important, and it will pop up later on). The HR was quite messy, and she took 1 month to agree on a date. However, when I talked to her, the interview was very easy and she was very kind to me. Next step was with an account manager. Now, all questions are purely, purely behavioural on skills related to the job (tell me how you handle client, tell me how you have sold something, etc) and I did not had any google-product related questions, which threw me off a bit. No questions on googleyness. Just STAR questions. I did not pass to the next round. A couple of considerations: 1) the referral system screws off a bit, imho. I got the sense that when you are referred, you HAVE to be called and because of this you are staffed on positions which might not suit your profile. Because of the fact that your previous experience does matter, this is a problem which arise later on, and on which you are heavily judged on. 2) Because of the strongly behavioural driven interview, there are no real right or wrong answers - this is complicated that by the fact that Google interviewers look for "something" (googleyness), which is neither explained what it is nor actually explicable (I doubt that Goole can actually define what they are looking for). 3) Feedback is null. Again, in the process there is this heavy sense of vagueness. 4) At the end, you are tested on skills it is not apparently mandatory to have and judged on impalpable traits that are not clear at all. At the end, I am quite glad I was not hired.

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Google.

Interview

Lengthy process and very gruelling. Mostly case based questions were asked. Important to be able to think on the spot and great with back of the envelope math. Had a written round before that as well. The time to respond by the company after interview is fairly long. Had multiple rounds of interview. It is surely not easy and its best to go prepared atleast about Google and products.

Interview Questions

• Mostly case based questions were asked   1 Answer

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Google (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2015.

Interview

First of all, ask questions according to my resume, most of which are behavioral questions; Then I was asked about situational questions, including some of the problems they would meet in real working environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself Do you have any experience of being a leader during your internship experiences?   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Google (Mexico City (Mexico)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through Cia de Talentos Got contacted weeks later, answered a google Fit Quiz Had first interview with Cia de talentos Had first interview with Google HR. 2 following interviews with Google, possible team partners interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve ROI for x, y company in 6 months? Why shouldn't we hire you? Tell me a time you had a problem at a leadership position and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

Interview

1. Telephone Screening 2. Telephone Interview 3. several on-site/hangout interviews Very clear and structured process. Recruiter kept me up to date all the time. Everbody was very respectful and nice. Do not be shy and ask whatever you want to know. You can learn a lot by just taking the opportunity.

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google in February 2015.

Interview

I was refereed by an Account Strategist. After 2 weeks I had a phone interview with a recruiter. The questions were very basic about my education and my current job. It seems that the recruiter was only reading the job description and when I asked for more details she was not able to really answer to the question. After 1 week I received an email but they didn't want to invite for an on site interview.

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google in December 2014.

Interview

30 minute interview over Google Hangouts. Interviewer was very friendly and we discussed how it was to work at Google. The whole interview was centred around my views on leadership, teamwork, etc... and if I could talk about a time I had demonstrated such a value.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you redefined a process?   1 Answer