Google

Updated Jan 23, 2015

3.5

45 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Google.

The first interview was quite easy and the hr was amazing. She was really nice and she explained everything about the job. I had the second interview with the leader of the team I should have worked with. She was quite rude and I was quite disappointed by her behaviour.

Interview Questions
  • If you were asked to improve customer satisfaction from 80% to 90%, what would you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Account Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google.

The hiring and interview process in Google is long. Like seriously long, depends on the job. You have to go through at least 5 - 6 interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google in December 2013.

Process:

- 1 Phone call from recruiter
    - 1 Call with Hiring Manager
    - 3 Onsite Interviews (Over Hangouts)

My 3 most helpful points:

1. Expect challenging questions about sales, Google AdWords and online marketing strategies right from the first call.

2. These interviews aren't really that difficult, if you prepare well in advance. Preparation means learning everything (at least at a high level) about Google products (AdWords especially), the tech industry, sales and marketing. Learn some marketing strategic frameworks or sales pitching frameworks that will help you breakdown a question and answer it effectively and confidently. Immerse yourself in this industry and this role by reading articles about it and talking to people in this field. Use Google AdWords learning resources and read/learn from everyone's interview experiences for this role on Glass Door - this really helped me and made me think about other related questions that could have been asked. You could prepare well enough by spending a few hours everyday on this for about 4 weeks (it will vary from person to person but I'm just trying to convey that you can become a beast in this in a relatively short period of time)

3. Sure, you can whip out great answers when you're in the interview, but some practice answering these questions out loud can go a long way. Visualize yourself in the interview, being composed, paying attention the to the detail in every question asked and answering every question successfully.

Finally, nothing beats passion and culture fit. You need to be in love with some aspect of this role. It's an important part of getting the job. You also need to see your values, thinking and business attitude aligning with that of Google and your specific team within Google.

Interview Questions
    • "You're a Product Manager for Android, sales are declining in your region, what will you do to improve sales in that region - tell me the steps and explain each?"   View Answers (2)
    Non-negotiable

Account Strategist Interview

I only had the phone interview and couldnt go on with the process because I accepted another offer. For the phone interview, the interviewer asked mostly why I wanted to apply for the position, why I was a good candidate, and my general role of my current job. The interviewer explained details of the position and confirmed with me whether I still wanted the position.

Interview Questions
    • deep knowledge of AdWords, how it works, strategies t help SMB's to boost their sales through it   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrocław (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrocław (Poland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google in January 2014.

The interview was very friendly. They were mainly focusing on different scenarios that I faced on my previous customer service experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Google in January 2014.

There was a lot of contact via email prior to the interviews. I had a total of two phone interviews - one with the recruiter and another one with a person in the role for which I applied. I was then invited on site for 3 more interviews. The interviews went great and the atmosphere was really pleasant. I liked the offices and everyone I met there was fun to talk to. They all seemed like a big family.

Interview Questions
    • There was no unexpected question as such. Most questions revolved around my prior experience and how that would relate to the position I am applying for.   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google in November 2013.

Two days later the HR called and confirmed again of my interests, and told me in great detail of the hiring process and my next interview. Try ask more questions about the interview, the interviewers, possible questions. My HR is extremely helpful. The two phone calls are all cold calls, u can ask them to call at a later point as a strategy.

The three interviews through Hangout happened a week later, the questions are mostly behavioral questions, a couple brain teasers, and some business strategy questions. I searched standard questions and answers online (Glassdoor helped a lot) for both and I was well covered. For the last type of questions, there're no standard answers, stay calm and treat them as school projects.

Interview Questions
    • With only limited resources, what factors should be considered to select marketing locations globally?

Describe and explain Internet to me as I have zero knowledge of which.

If u were the marketing manager, how would u open up the market of a 2nd tier city where google had no exposure before?

Describe when u make an improvement of the company process; when u manage a big project and your achievement and takeaway.

Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

The entire process took roughly two months. I was referred by a friend who works at Google. Had two interviews with the HR, one with the junior in the team and three more onsite interviews with more senior staff in the team. After passing all the interviews, the candidate package was reviewed by the hiring committee which takes a few days before google finally made an offer to me.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral (Tell me a time when..) and motivations questions (Why Google, Why this position), a few cases (How would you optimize Adwords account / sales pitch / comparing with competitors like Bing / Estimation question). I've only had one brain teaser so that really should not be your focus for preparing Google interviews.   Answer Question
    didn't negotiate

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online – interviewed at Google in October 2013.

The interview is super experiential and the interviewers are extremely nice. The interview conducted in a video conference setting. Chat a lot daily life matters with the interviewer, including sports, interest.
    The whole interview talks about the personal experience, related customer relationship building and why do I want to join google.

Account Strategist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Google in July 2013.

Was contacted by a recruiter for position. Had a first-round phone interview and it went well. Was informed I was through to second round and would be interviewed by a team member in the department where the vacancy was. it was going to be a sales pitch to a bank, followed by an interview. interviewer was extremely tough and interupted the sales pitch numerous times and was being an extremely difficult "customer".

Interview Questions
    • How will online advertsing change in the next 10 years   Answer Question