Google Account Strategist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

3.5

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google (Wrocław (Poland)) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was very friendly. They were mainly focusing on different scenarios that I faced on my previous customer service experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Google (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2014.

Interview

There was a lot of contact via email prior to the interviews. I had a total of two phone interviews - one with the recruiter and another one with a person in the role for which I applied. I was then invited on site for 3 more interviews. The interviews went great and the atmosphere was really pleasant. I liked the offices and everyone I met there was fun to talk to. They all seemed like a big family.

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected question as such. Most questions revolved around my prior experience and how that would relate to the position I am applying for.   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google in November 2013.

Interview

For the phone interview, the interviewer asked mostly why I wanted to apply for the position, why I was a good candidate, and my general role of my current job. The interviewer explained details of the position and confirmed with me whether I still wanted the position.

Two days later the HR called and confirmed again of my interests, and told me in great detail of the hiring process and my next interview. Try ask more questions about the interview, the interviewers, possible questions. My HR is extremely helpful. The two phone calls are all cold calls, u can ask them to call at a later point as a strategy.

The three interviews through Hangout happened a week later, the questions are mostly behavioral questions, a couple brain teasers, and some business strategy questions. I searched standard questions and answers online (Glassdoor helped a lot) for both and I was well covered. For the last type of questions, there're no standard answers, stay calm and treat them as school projects.

Interview Questions

• With only limited resources, what factors should be considered to select marketing locations globally?

Describe and explain Internet to me as I have zero knowledge of which.

If u were the marketing manager, how would u open up the market of a 2nd tier city where google had no exposure before?

Describe when u make an improvement of the company process; when u manage a big project and your achievement and takeaway.

Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

Interview

The entire process took roughly two months. I was referred by a friend who works at Google. Had two interviews with the HR, one with the junior in the team and three more onsite interviews with more senior staff in the team. After passing all the interviews, the candidate package was reviewed by the hiring committee which takes a few days before google finally made an offer to me.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral (Tell me a time when..) and motivations questions (Why Google, Why this position), a few cases (How would you optimize Adwords account / sales pitch / comparing with competitors like Bing / Estimation question). I've only had one brain teaser so that really should not be your focus for preparing Google interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

didn't negotiate

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Google (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview is super experiential and the interviewers are extremely nice. The interview conducted in a video conference setting. Chat a lot daily life matters with the interviewer, including sports, interest.
    The whole interview talks about the personal experience, related customer relationship building and why do I want to join google.

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Google in July 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter for position. Had a first-round phone interview and it went well. Was informed I was through to second round and would be interviewed by a team member in the department where the vacancy was. it was going to be a sales pitch to a bank, followed by an interview. interviewer was extremely tough and interupted the sales pitch numerous times and was being an extremely difficult "customer".

Interview Questions

• How will online advertsing change in the next 10 years   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Google in July 2013.

Interview

One phone interview plus had 3 rounds of in person interviews

Interview Questions

• How many baloons will fit this room   2 Answers

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Google (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2012.

Interview

Was invited to an on-Campus interview at a Career fair at my University

1. Interview (On-Campus) 30mins. with recruiter (only personal fit questions)
    Extremely positive experience, probably the most relaxed interview I have ever been in (coming from Management Consulting I've been through quite a few).
    Recruiter explicitly made an effort to "just have a little chat about life at Google" and the specific role as Account Strategist.(Though I didn't buy too much into the "just relax" atmosphere and tried to stay focused on the inside)

Q1: Why Google?
    Q2: What qualities would you bring to the team?
    Q3: What are your mid/long-term professional expectations?
    Q5: Could you imagine working & living in Dublin?
    Q6: How do you deal with a high-pressure working environment? Additionally a couple of specific questions about my CV, what I did in different jobs/internships etc...

Again: very open conversation, she also told me a lot about life at Google in general and seemed very enthusiastic and endowed with a positive-attitude which actually motivated me even more, as I initially was a bit skeptical about the position. As our conversation was very pleasant, she invited me to an on-site interview right on the spot for the upcoming week.

Called me next day, confirmed invitation to on-site interview and forwarded me all details I needed to know via mail.

7 working days after initial contact, arrived in Dublin, 3 hours time between arrival and beginning of interviews. Was greeted by the recruiter who had invited me who briefly showed me around the building and once again made a big effort to make the experience as pleasant as possible.

Interview with two people: AdWords Manager & one recent hire: (40mins)
    (The manager asked all the questions, while the staff member only listened and took notes)

Q1: Walk me through your CV, highlighting the most impt. and relevant points!
    Q2: What brings you here today, why do you want this job?
    Q3: What kind of expectations do you have of this job and where do you see yourself in 10 years (I hate this question, how should I know?)
    Q4: Scenario: online shoe retailer, repair & service wants to increase e-commerce and repair services, what advice would you provide?
    Q5: How would you convince a small business owner to invest into online marketing? Why should he/she use AdWords? What other solutions from Google's product range could be offered? (Mock sales pitch)
    Q6: Say you have a customer portfolio of 3000 individual customers, how would you prioritize your tasks?
    Q7: We have many excellent people applying, what makes you stand out? Why should we want you on the team?

2. Interview with one person: Sales Manager (35 mins)

Q1: Do you want something to drink?
    Q2: Do you want to ask questions first, or do you want to go through a couple of my questions and then ask me questions?
    Q3: First Scenario: You just bought 10000 Tablet computers in Taiwan and shipped them to (insert any European country). You want to get rid of them asap via online sales using AdWords - determine CPC! (Walk me through the process on the white board, providing numerical examples)
    Q4: A customer complains about diminishing ROI in online sales, determine possible causes and provide solutions respectively.
    Q5: Provide 5 examples of how you would decrease CPC as a business owner.
    Q6: Within one week online sales have suddenly decreased more than 50%, why? What are possible causes?
    Q7: Can you imagine working on problems similar to the ones above on a daily basis? Would you enjoy this?

3. Interview with two people: Team-Lead & another recent hire (45 mins)

Again many standard personal fit questions, very detailed questions regarding CV, past time challenges, leadership and conflict situations at work.

4. Next working day, call from recruiter updating me that I had passed. Informed me about the next steps (Hiring Committee) and provided - to my surprise - already all details about the employment package. At this point I found this a little early, as it made the impression that I had already received an offer - even though my data still had to go through the hiring & exec. committees’ review process. Additionally asked me about any other offers I may currently have and what they were.

Sent in all my additional info requested by the HC (basically they ask you to spell out major achievements, providing references and transcripts)
    Received call + offer after 7 additional working days.

Time from first interview to job-offer: just 14 working days!

Overall a very fair interview process and positive experience. Extremely good communications with the recruiter in charge ( kept me in the loop all the time) and overall a very straight forward and efficient process.

(And in case you wonder, I directly wrote down all questions as soon as I had finished the interviews)

Interview Questions

• You just bought 10000 Tablet computers in Taiwan and shipped them to (insert any European country). You want to get rid of them asap via online sales using AdWords - determine CPC! (Walk me through the process on the white board, providing numerical examples)   1 Answer

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google (Tel Aviv (Israel)) in February 2013.

Interview

40 min phone interview, two on site interviews

Interview Questions

• very analytically hard questions, some with no clear answer, like: if you had 100 million dollars for an online advertising campaign - how would you use them?   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

Interview

Lots of questions on the online industry and how I would sell internet