Google Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 30, 2014

3.3

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google.

People are told up front that Google's hiring process is long. It takes a determined and committed person to subject themselves to the torture of waiting for an answer and next steps. However, once you get past the initial interview with the recruiter and the critical thinking test you are added as a viable candidate for consideration on future opportunities. The recruiters do a great job of keeping you informed regarding expectations and process. They also make an effort to give you the proper information to make sure you have a good experience and advice on how to market yourself.

Interview Questions
  • There were no really difficult questions. If you are a truly qualified candidate it becomes more about finding a good personality fit for the team.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in July 2014.

Referral process. Was contacted a week later and scheduled my first phone interview. The first interview was just a traditional phone interview asking you questions of why you want the job, your personal background, and pretty much confirming your resume. Second phone interview was scheduled for a few days later and it was a critical thinking phone interview. Someone else from HR called and asked 3 critical thinking questions to evaluate your thinking and decision making.

Interview Questions
    • You are planning an all-hands meeting to highlight the successes of teams. How will you go through in planning this all-hands meeting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google in May 2014.

Started by submitting my resume, was first contacted by a California based recruiter to set up an initial phone interview. Really basic 20 minutes, going over my resume, basic experience, why do you want to work at Google. Was asked to do a second phone interview which was more in depth. About 40 minutes with questions that basically made you outline how you would go about doing different tasks. Not much you can prepare for this part, just picking apart your decision making process. Was finally asked to an on person interview which consisted of multiple people. Short interviews, very friendly, straight to the point kind of things. Supposedly there is one last interview after this point but I was unfortunately not invited to the next round. It was a very mentally and emotionally draining process. It was a lot of work to just be turned down in the end.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through a project you were in charge of from beginning to end.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google in April 2014.

Professional and friendly. Combination of behavioral and hypothetical questions. Understand Google's products before going into the interview. Despite how much prep you do, interviewers will find a way to have questions that are unexpected. You should be able to articulate your framework for planning events and managing logistics for large gatherings of people.

Interview Questions
    • What is your opinion on whether or not individuals should be required to use their official name when opening a gmail or Google + account?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google in October 2013.

Was referred through a current employee. Had an initial phone screen just to elaborate on qualifications/experience. A couple of weeks later had a phone interview with questions that were rather difficult and ended the interview having absolutely no idea what to expect. Two weeks later I was invited for an onsite interview with one EA and one AA - they were both exceptionally kind women and the interview was relaxed and informative. They asked very rational questions and posed hypotheticals. A week later I returned for an interview with the director of the team - the interview was fine, the director was a very nice man and asked applicable questions.

Did not get the job because of limited experience. The most frustrating aspect of the interview process was the nearly complete lack of feedback from the interviewers - I was able to squeeze "limited experience" out of the recruiters.

Interview Questions
    • Talk me through the steps that would need to be taken when planning the opening party for a new Google Campus in Bangalore, India.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Applied online. Received screening call from human resources department. Checked work experience and set up an appt for a first interview. Waited a short while in reception. Interview was basic and professional. Was asked about previous jobs and why I was looking to work at google. Most questions pertained to whether I could handle the job based on my experience.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a request from your boss that clearly violated company policy.   Answer Question

very friendly interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Google.

The process was arduous but the people involved were nice and accommodating. I wasn't interested in the role as much as working at Google, and thankfully I didn't get the job because I've since learned company hierarchy is very flat with little room for growth

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

I applied for an administrative position through the Google website and was contacted within a week by an HR representative who scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was low stress and the woman who interviewed me was very friendly. It felt more informational than evaluative. She invited me to the Google campus to take the written test and suggested that I have a current employee endorse me if at all possible and to study up the logic section of the LSAT to prepare for the test.

I took the test and it wasn't as difficult as the LSAT but there were two fairly involved logic problems and an essay question about what kind of employee appreciation event you would plan given a budget of X (I can't remember exactly but the budget was generous, like $20,000+ dollars for a relatively small team and having only worked for strapped-for-cash nonprofits, I was pretty baffled on what kind of party I could possible spend that much money on . . . ).

After the test, I was able to find an acquaintance at Google who was willing to recommend me for the position. I then was brought in for an interview, only I ended up interviewing for an admin position with a different department than the one I had originally applied with, which was fine. At this point, I think almost two months might have passed since I had first applied for a job with Google.

My interview was with two women: one was the woman who held the position I was interviewing for and the other was another admin who she worked closely with. The interview was pretty straightforward, no gotcha questions. They asked why I wanted to work for Google, my best and worst qualities, how I felt about working with techies, a time when I felt I had improved a process at a previous job, how I dealt with a difficult boss, how I would handle on the job conflict. The only difficult, unexpected question, although given the written test it shouldn't have come as such a surprise, was one where I had to talk through the strategy I would use to plan an event. I think that's where I completely lost the job.

They did not end up inviting me back for a final interview, which would have been with the departmental manager. I believe I heard back in about a week. The HR woman I was working with offered to keep my resume on file. I never followed up and never heard back. Although I do think if I had followed up I might have stayed in the game longer as I had, up until that point, been pretty aggressively following up at every step of the process. In the end, it was a long hiring process and I was just looking at a low-level admin job I wasn't particularly excited about.

Interview Questions
    • The question was something like, talk through with me the steps you would take to plan an employee appreciation event.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Google in February 2013.

Process was exactly as described by others who had worked there previously. Recruiter contacted me based on a submission from a Google alum. She was very friendly, asking me very basic questions about my background. Next step was a problem-solving call which was conducted by a very friendly person, but also very formal. First asked me to describe a "problem" situation of my own at my current job and then asked what I learned from it, etc. The "problem" he presented me with was "Google has acquired a company and you are responsible for facilitating all the employee's temporary move into Google's office space, as well as their permanent move into their new space in 3 months."