Google

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details – After rescheduling 3 phone interviews, Google called finally got in touch with me. They wanted a complete description of my undergraduate experience (my brief overview was not sufficient and asked for more details) and a full explanation of my qualifications as an advertising operations manager at a publisher in Oakland.

Interview Question – There weren't any questions that seemed difficult. They were surprisingly easy.   Answer Question

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – After I send in my application I was asked to fill out a list of questions detailing my motivation. I had one phone interview and about a week later I was invited for an on-site interview.
The on-site interview consisted of 4 back-to-back interviews with different people from the department I was applying for a position in (both 1:1 and with more people).

Interview Question – I you were to make one improvement to a Google product, what would it be and how would you implement it   Answer Question

Advertising Operations Associate

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – I had 6 interviews (two on the phone and four on-site). I was impressed because I thought the interviews were a lot of fun (each interview lasted for around 45 minutes)! It's a really long process through.

Interview Question – Estimate how many people are in Heathrow Airport at this moment.   Answer Question

Advertising Operations Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Google in March 2011.

Interview Details – Had phone interview, that was mainly focused on my background.
Unfortunately, the main question was "why do you want to work for Google" and after 15 mins of telling what a great company it is, they still weren't satisfied.
Apart from that, pretty common stuff. What did u study, where and when. Any previous work experience and what is a good customer service for you.

Interview Question – Why would you like to work for Google   Answer Question

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Google in March 2011.

Interview Details – -The initial phone interview was with my recruiter. This one was more about the position itself and most of the time my recruiter talked. She asked why I wanted to work in Google and why this position. Also asked about my background. at times I was kind of stressed and couldn't find the right words, she intervened softly and comforted me via filling the gaps.
-The second interview was with my boss to be. This one was a bit more tough, although nothing too intimidating. He asked me about the online marketing situation in my country. Also asked about a time I had a conflict with someone and how I dealt with it. Another question was regarding my leadership skills. Lastly he asked about the SMEs, and there I totally failed because i was so unprepared about that question. I think that was why I couldn't get an on site interview.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Google

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google Advertising Operations Associate interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Google employees and interview candidates.