Google Adwords Associate Interview Questions

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Google in September 2013.

Lot of stress on privacy issues and focussed mainly on how to solve them. Discussed in depth about various google products like gmail,adwords,blogger etc.
The interviewer was mainly testing how i could handle problems related to spamming, phishing etc....all the possible solutions i can come up with..
Questions were also asked about my projecct.

Interview Questions
  • What are the possible solutions that you can think of to tackle various phishing and spamming attacks.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Adwords Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Google in November 2013.

6 rounds: CV scanning, recruiter contact, team leader interview, 3 independent heads interviews

Interview Questions
    • Sell Adwords to an elder owner of flower shop who does not know anything about Internet.   View Answer

Adwords Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google in December 2013.

Very throrough and precise, yet relaxed and personal. Two phone interviews and three onsite in Dublin. They knew exactly what they wanted and asked a lot about my extracurricular experiences. Told about expeditions Ive made across the world plus previous sporting credentials. I think that gave them that bit of extra to take a positive decision

Adwords Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Google.

The first three phone interviews were fun and not that challenging, the only issue is that it took three interviews for them to tell me I was lacking a major skill needed for this specific position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected was asked. I got mostly experience and team-centric questions.   Answer Question

Adwords Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Applied online + Internal referral lead to recruiter contact. 4 Rounds of Interviews in total (Phone screening, two Google Hangout, one in person => decision to move forward to be reviewed by the hiring committee =>HIRED!

Phone Screening:
    1) If you have 5000 emails in your inbox and 10 team members, you are the team leader how will you distribute them?
    2) If you have two phone calls, in what order will you answer them?
    3) Why do you want to work for Google and not a bank (I am a finance major)
    4) What is your understanding of the position
    5) Tell me about Adword
    6) With your skill set, you could have applied to a similar position in your field, why did you choose Google

1st Hangout:
    1. Tell me about Adword, and Adsense
    2. Was there ever a time when your supervisor had given you incomplete or inaccurate instructions? What did you do to resolve that?
    3. Was there ever a time when you experience conflicts between you and your teammate? How did you resolve that?
    4. Predict the sales revenue of a certain Google product in this market (The country that you are applying to)
    6. What is the hardest thing that you have to learn? Explain that to me

2nd Hangout:
    1. Describe Adword to me in two sentences?
    2. How will you acquire business from someone who is already ranked first in the organic search?
    3. Two keywords flower shop and wedding planner, which one has a higher cost per click in this market
    4. How did you hear about this position?
    5. Tell me about the Internet landscape in (the country you are applying too)

In Person:
    1. If you are to start a company in a city that you are living in, what would it be, how will you develop the product, market it and distribute it?
    2. If you are the head of Google (the country you are applying to), and you want to double the revenue of Google, what will you do?
    3. If a customer sees that his ROI on Facebook ads is higher than that of Google Adword and considering switching all of his investment over to Facebook, what would you say to him?
    4. How did you convince an authority to listen to you?

Interview Questions
    • If you are to start a company in a city that you are living in, what would it be, how will you develop the product, market it and distribute it?   View Answer
    able to negotiate starting date

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Google in August 2012.

Really great people. Challenged you to know a lot about the company and think on your feet about how you might improve what they're doing. Very good communication throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • Two favorite Google products and why? Now how would you make those better?   Answer Question

Adwords Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Google in May 2009.

2 phone interviews and 4 on site interviews
    basic questions on my cognitive, leadership skills and my googliness

Interview Questions
    • detailed exemple of difficult situation with my previous clients ; where do i see myself in 3 and 5 years   Answer Question
    i was not able to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google in February 2013.

Went through 5 steps they are as follows:

1) telephone interview
    2) Easy writing
    3)interview through google chat
    4)interview through google chat
    5)interview through google chat

Interview Questions
    • they use your own logic against you , so please be crystal clear in your knowledge about their products and services and the dynamics of how they work   Answer Question

Adwords Associate Interview

A written test to shortlist the students in campus was held first followed by an interview and a case study and finally a group discussion.

Interview Questions
    • Which is better- cost per click or cost per view feature of google ads ?   Answer Question

Adwords Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Google in November 2012.

It was a college placement process. First round was aptitude second was telephonic in which they asked about Google revenue model, hypothetical situation based question and some other basic questions. They said, they would call me back after interviewing other candidates but that never happened.

Interview Questions
    • Hypothetical situation based question- Your approach matters the most   Answer Question