Google

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Difficult Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Google in January 2008.

Interview Details – a very unique way of interviewing which will test you in all possible ways.

Interview Question – How many buses are there in Hydrabad?   View Answers (2)

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Google in March 2010.

Interview Details – Initially we were asked to write 2 essays on topics given to us. A month later the shortlisted candidates were scheduled for 1:1 interviews on campus. There were 3 rounds of 1:1 interviews with continuous eliminations at the end of each each round. A month later the final list of selected candidates went through phone interview and subsequently we were asked to send across our certificates for verification. We were told that a background check would happen in the coming days and if all goes well we will be offered the job. After a month of painful waiting I finally received the job confirmation call from HR asking me to pick a joining date from the 2 dates they provided. This is how my journey in Google commenced :)

Interview Question – Give me an example of your leadership qualities and how you succeeded as a leader ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At entry level there is no scope to negotiate.

Chennai (India)

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details – Long and tedious interview process starting with the usual aptitude tests and a lot of personal interviews later on.

Interview Question – Cost-benefit questions   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – Was a very different experience.
Questions to test your thinking skills and communication

Interview Question – none as such   Answer Question

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Google in August 2008.

Interview Details – I was interviewed in 2006 by four different people over a period of two hours. They were a mix between very nice, alright and a bit dour. In fact the attitude of the latter person made me think I didn't get the job but in the end I got an offer. The questions were very repetitive across the board. My understanding is that they now sometimes ask abstract cognitive knowledge questions also but this was after my time.

Interview Question – A time when you had conflict in the work place   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-existent, I was an entry-level employee at this point.

AdWords Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Google in June 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was long. Three different people asked me the same questions three different times. It was intimidating. One of the interviewers was younger than me, but had started with the company from the get-go. She seemed very officious. The Complex was lovely, though. I know some people that now work there and while the pay is decent, they work hellacious hours.

Interview Question – In this hypothetical crisis situation, how would you handle it?   View Answers (2)

AdWords Representative

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Google in January 2010.

Interview Details – Too long and lengthy. It took 90 days for the entire process to be completed. Needed a lot of patience as far as communication is concerned. They took long to come back with the feedback and about the next phase of interview process.

Interview Question – How would I deal with the age difference between me and my peers?   Answer Question

AdWords Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Google in October 2012.

Interview Details – Two 45 minutes phone interview

Interview Question – 1. Common ancestor of two nodes in a binary tree, not binary search tree
2. OO Design: Design a Cache system
  Answer Question

AdWords Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Google in November 2011.

Interview Details – the process had three stages
1. they had a presentation in the starting stating the job profile,salary, perks, working environment
2. written test
3. 1-1 interview

AdWords Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Google in December 2009.

Interview Details – very long

Interview Question – Some economics graph question   Answer Question

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!