Google Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

3.2

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Google.

Interview

I was interviewed once about 6 months ago and made it to the final on-site round where I unfortunately got rejected. A few weeks ago, I was contacted by a google recruiter again and got set up with the hiring manager for an interview. I expect a decision to come along soon.

Overall, the interview process is competitive and there is no time wasted on repeated questions. I assume all the interviewers take detailed notes on your answers and make sure not to go over the same things again. All of the questions are thoughtful and are directed towards finding your thought process and capabilities under pressure.

Does anyone know if google skips certain interview rounds if you have already been through them before?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Analyst Interview

Interview

1. Explain and Write KnapSack Algo with Memorization
    2. Given a undirected graph, clone it. Now if the undirected graph has the neighbors with the nodes as same data - how do you make sure you create the exact same branches and also how do you make sure you don't run into loops for the exact node. He gave a empty directed graph and asked me write code after that.
    3. Given two Btrees. these trees "may" have right and left branches swapped. Now compare it.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online. I received a reply and an initial HR phone interview was setup. Then another phone interview with a current analyst. Finally, 3 consecutive technical and behavioral onsite interviews.

Analyst Interview

Application

interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Google HR department reached out to me on linkedIn for an entry level analyst position opening they had. Frankly, I have no clue how this recruiter found me, nor was I convinced that she was a legitimate recruiter who works at google. Either way, I had a call with another recruiter who seemed more in touch with what's going on. She decided we should get back in touch at a later time because their interview process takes so long that there wasn't enough time to apply for an H1B. We left it at that.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

A pair of phone interviews and some on site interviews. The questions were very fair, challenging, and stimulating. The recruiter was extremely helpful. The recruiter was very helpful and let me know on each step of the way how I did and what was thought of me. When I got through the interviews, the packet process began and I thought my rather bare resume wouldn't make it through the committees but it did. Champagne was enjoyed.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a shopping center?   4 Answers

Negotiation

The offer was very fair, and I had a sense that it was probably non-negotiable.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Google (Menlo Park, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Called by a recruiter after applying online. The process took aprox three months from when I applied on line and I got an email to schedule and interview. I did not use anyone inside the company to present my application. The screening interview took aprox 30 minutes. A month way by before I finally heard that I was not selected to continue in the process.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I was referred through my neighbor. I had a phone screen, and was passed on to an in-person interview, which consisted of market-sizing and brain teaser questions. I believe I started the process in November. I had the phone interview in December.

I was scheduled for an in-person interview in January. I met with 5 employees. I was given one particularly tough consulting-type question. I didn't get any feedback on it, except that if I thought of a better answer, I should email this employee my new answer. Of course I did this, but I didn't get confirmation that it was received.

Later that week, I heard that I did not get the job. The recruiter offered to recommend me to other positions at Google, which she did, but those never got past the phone interview stage.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I was recently interviewed by Google. The phone/onsite interview went very well. I was able to answer all the questions very well. I come from good university. But got an immediate response via email that my skills were not strong match. Sometimes I feel, the positions don't exit and they interview folks especially if you come from a competitor company. This is the 3rd time this has happened.

Interview Questions

• questions were very practical   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Google (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed after being contacted by a Google Recruiter. Very excited and got a a great overview of the entire process from the Recruiter, but things went south very quickly. My resume was "great" according to the hiring manager and I had 6 years of very relevant experience. Case questions were pretty straightforward, estimations, prioritize, etc.

The interview went south when asked about my undergrad GPA. I never went to class, but have risen quickly in my professional career and have hard skills to show it. Unfortunate that GPA is still a hiring bar to jump over even 6 years out.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter to discuss an analyst position. Mainly just talked about my experiences. The call seemed to go well and the recruiter said he'd pass along my resume to the team to move the process forward, but I got an email rejection a couple weeks later.