Google Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2014

3.3

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

1. Explain and Write KnapSack Algo with Memorization
2. Given a undirected graph, clone it. Now if the undirected graph has the neighbors with the nodes as same data - how do you make sure you create the exact same branches and also how do you make sure you don't run into loops for the exact node. He gave a empty directed graph and asked me write code after that.
3. Given two Btrees. these trees "may" have right and left branches swapped. Now compare it.

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Google.

Was contacted by a recruiter at first for a 15-20 minute initial screening. Next was a 45 min chat with an HR Manager which was a thinking ability and problem solving interview. Immediately afterward was a 45 min interview with a team member who was very nice and interested in what I had to offer. Fairly straightforward questions and there was more focus on my ability to use the resources at hand to come up with reasonable solutions. Invitation to an on-site interview was very quick and I am yet to attend it. Recruiter was extremely helpful.

Interview Questions
    • They were all thought provoking questions and aimed at bringing out the pattern of your thought process.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Applied online. I received a reply and an initial HR phone interview was setup. Then another phone interview with a current analyst. Finally, 3 consecutive technical and behavioral onsite interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

interviewed at Google in March 2013.

Google HR department reached out to me on linkedIn for an entry level analyst position opening they had. Frankly, I have no clue how this recruiter found me, nor was I convinced that she was a legitimate recruiter who works at google. Either way, I had a call with another recruiter who seemed more in touch with what's going on. She decided we should get back in touch at a later time because their interview process takes so long that there wasn't enough time to apply for an H1B. We left it at that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Google in March 2008.

The interview process at Google is long and tedious. Initially, a recruiter from Human Resources contacted me and put me through a phone screen. She warned me that the process would be long (could take several months). I had two follow up phone interviews with managers. One of them was relevant to the position where the manager asked about my career goals, etc. and the other was just a bunch of random questions to test my thought process.

I was inivited to an on site interview. I met with several employees and the hiring manager. I was asked a number of IQ questions/word puzzles and had to respond without a paper or pen to work through my answers. Traditional interview questions were also asked. The employees were very friendly, as was the manager.

I did not receive a response directly from Google stating that I did not get the job. I waited a couple of weeks and contacted the recruiter myself, at which point she told me that they cut me off. I wish they would have let me know right away.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make Google headquarters a more environmentally friendly campus?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Google in May 2012.

A pair of phone interviews and some on site interviews. The questions were very fair, challenging, and stimulating. The recruiter was extremely helpful. The recruiter was very helpful and let me know on each step of the way how I did and what was thought of me. When I got through the interviews, the packet process began and I thought my rather bare resume wouldn't make it through the committees but it did. Champagne was enjoyed.

Interview Questions
    The offer was very fair, and I had a sense that it was probably non-negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Google in January 2011.

I was referred through my neighbor. I had a phone screen, and was passed on to an in-person interview, which consisted of market-sizing and brain teaser questions. I believe I started the process in November. I had the phone interview in December.

I was scheduled for an in-person interview in January. I met with 5 employees. I was given one particularly tough consulting-type question. I didn't get any feedback on it, except that if I thought of a better answer, I should email this employee my new answer. Of course I did this, but I didn't get confirmation that it was received.

Later that week, I heard that I did not get the job. The recruiter offered to recommend me to other positions at Google, which she did, but those never got past the phone interview stage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Google in June 2010.

Got a call from a recruiter to discuss an analyst position. Mainly just talked about my experiences. The call seemed to go well and the recruiter said he'd pass along my resume to the team to move the process forward, but I got an email rejection a couple weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I was interviewed after being contacted by a Google Recruiter. Very excited and got a a great overview of the entire process from the Recruiter, but things went south very quickly. My resume was "great" according to the hiring manager and I had 6 years of very relevant experience. Case questions were pretty straightforward, estimations, prioritize, etc.

The interview went south when asked about my undergrad GPA. I never went to class, but have risen quickly in my professional career and have hard skills to show it. Unfortunate that GPA is still a hiring bar to jump over even 6 years out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Google in June 2010.

I was recently interviewed by Google. The phone/onsite interview went very well. I was able to answer all the questions very well. I come from good university. But got an immediate response via email that my skills were not strong match. Sometimes I feel, the positions don't exit and they interview folks especially if you come from a competitor company. This is the 3rd time this has happened.

Interview Questions

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!