Google Associate Account Strategist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

1 month. Employee referral -> 2 Phone Interviews -> 2 On-site Interviews. Job offer after two weeks.

Don't apply to the company, apply to the role. Why do you want to spend your days doing THIS work?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online (with a referral) back in October 2014 but didn't hear anything within the two-week period, so I figured I didn't make it to the interview stage. I attempted to get an interview again in mid-February and was successful in securing a phone screen.

The phone screen was followed by two more rounds of interviews, both consisting of two 30-min. back-to-back interviews. For each round, I was notified within 3-4 days about the next steps. There was a minor hiccup time-wise in my final round interview (it started very late) on their end, but they handled it very, very professionally. The final round took place in the Ann Arbor office and consisted of a tour, the two interviews, and then a Q&A session.

They told me five days later that I advanced to the Hiring Committee, and I sent them more information for completion of my candidate profile. One week later, they informed me that I had been extended an offer! Even though I interviewed for the Ann Arbor office, I ultimately got the Mountain View office, which was my preferred choice.

All in all, the process was incredibly informative, and I met some awesome Googlers and candidates. Google's recruiters and interviewers were so kind, helpful, and flexible, which definitely made the experience very enjoyable. Big shoutout to the recruiting team!

Interview Questions

• I won't disclose any questions, as I signed a NDA. The interviews all consisted of a mix of case, behavioral, and technical questions. Each interview, however, is different in terms of the mix of these questions, and the experience is very different for each candidate. As for using Glassdoor as a resource, it may be helpful for some, but not for all. For me, Glassdoor only helped me get a feel for the flow of the interviews, but not the content, per say. I prepared for each interview using the materials my recruiter sent me after the phone screen, making sure to read every single page, watch all of the videos, and take notes on each word/concept I wasn't sure I knew 100%. There's a lot of material, so I had plenty of resources to prepare for the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, as I was very happy with the terms of my offer.

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google in April 2015.

Interview

Pleasant enough experience, but surprised that such a short interview was used to make a cut. Maybe that makes me naïve, but I sort of thought this was a low-stakes 'screening' interview.

Got an email from a recruiter about two weeks after applying. Set up a very brief phone 20 minute interview, told me to simply "be prepared to talk about my experience and why I want the job." Considering how short and seemingly low-key the interview was (I wasn't even asked 'Why Google?' !), I was a little surprised to find out that my candidacy was no longer going to be pursued (found out about a week later). I - again - didn't really expect cuts to be made yet.

Time was the main challenge for me. Was asked to "talk about my resume and experience" in under a minute and a half, so definitely have a SHORT elevator pitch ready. I came prepared for a conversation, not a pitch, which may have been my fatal mistake. Was also asked some behavioral questions requiring specific examples (When was a time you led a team and encountered difficulties with a teammate? Give an example of a time you made a process in your workplace more efficient).

Gave me the chance to ask my own questions, which I took advantage of. Thinking back, I wish I hadn't...I thought that this marked the end of the interview, but it turns out there was more. I was next asked some creative-thinking questions and felt a bit rushed (What's your favorite Google product and why? How would you market Gmail to someone who is not tech-savvy?).

Our connection also broke up a couple of times, messing with my groove. Recruiter was friendly enough, but it sounded like he was reading from a script. Oh well. Not exactly sure what I would have done differently in hindsight!

Interview Questions

• How would you market Gmail to someone who is not tech-savvy, and what are some preliminary questions you might ask such a client?   Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Interview

was called by recruiter, who was both friendly and inquisitive. Guided me through process for first 10 minutes, followed by 20 minutes situational questions. sales experience is key to screening, as well as knowledge about the role.

Interview Questions

• Why google?

What is your experience in sales?

How would you increase sales?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was really quite enjoyable, if a bit stressful at times. Initially, I applied online and about a week later I was contacted by a recruiter in the Mountain View office by email asking to set up a brief call.

1st ROUND: A 15 minute phone call with the recruiter just to get a little more color on my resume and transcript (asked to verify cumulative GPA, graduation date, that sort of thing) as well as learn more about the Associate Account Strategist role. This round seemed to mostly be a litmus test to measure whether or not I was personable/friendly on the phone.

2nd ROUND: Received an email from my recruiter saying he wanted to move me forwarded in the process, the next step being a phone call with two people at Google (one person in the position, the other a manager). This was slightly more challenging, but if you prepare for it, you'll be fine. The resources I used were:
     + Glassdoor interview reviews. SO HELPFUL. I compiled a list of questions people had been asked and then answered them in my own words, which helped me out multiple times in the 2nd and 3rd round interviews.
     + The job description. Be familiar with it, able to put it into your own words, and have relevant anecdotes from your life demonstrating why it would be a good fit for you.
     + The packet the recruiter sends you. This is amazingly helpful, be very familiar with all of this stuff (mostly links to the technical aspects of AdWords and other Google products, and it's helpful to explore all the links on the individual pages).
     + Google's Wikipedia page (just for informational purposes- knowing the company's revenue, number of employees, office locations, etc. is always a good thing).
     + The Four Pillars of Google, as I like to call them. These are in the packet your recruiter emails you, but deserved their own special mention. Role-related knowledge, Thought process, Leadership (also strive to mention how team-oriented you are), Googleyness (essentially your personality, try to be excited or bubbly or something positive, do NOT be bland). Try to work in one or multiple of these pillars into any responses you give.

3rd ROUND: Received an email from my recruiter that Google wanted to fly me out to Ann Arbor for interviews. I did more preparation from the stuff I studied for 2nd round, and basically tried to be as zen as possible. Flew out the day before, took a cab from Detroit to Ann Arbor, and slept at the comfortable Sheraton where Google houses their interviewees. The following morning, went downstairs and met some of the other people interviewing for the position in the lobby. We all took a shuttle to Google's office and went inside. Without saying too much, there were two back to back interviews lasting an hour in total.

4th ROUND: Received an email from my recruiter saying he wanted to move me to the Hiring Committee phase. My understanding is that this is where they have unbiased and objective people review the notes on candidates that made it thus far, but I don't know that for sure. I read one Quora post about the percentage of people getting through the Hiring Committee part and was met with a pretty grim 10% offer rate.

Despite not getting an offer, it was a fun process and I met a bunch of cool people. I think I gained some pretty valuable interviewing experience along the way as well, so all in all it was very positive.

Interview Questions

• What should Google's next big product be?

If you could spend time with any fictional character, who would it be?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Submit resume, phone screen, 2 phone interviews, 2 in-person interviews.
    Everything was pretty easy. They seemed to hire for personality so I found that being myself was the best way to go through the process.
    The questions were fair, the recruiters were very responsive. All in all, I thought the process was a great reflection on Google as a company.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Several months after applying, got an email from a recruiter requesting my transcript and availability for interviews. Then recruiter screen, recruiter email with tips for the next round, next round consisted of 2 30 minute phone interviews, one with an Associate Account Strategist and one with a manager. No questions were really unexpected, just know your resume and the company well.

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online (previously though a Googler for other positions, this was just straight from the listing), was contacted by a recruiter for a phone screen. Phone screen was pretty basic, just regular get-to-know-you questions, and just a little about the position.

About 1.5 weeks between phone screen and the interviews with the actual team, those are back-to-back interviews that are 30 minutes each (mine was 35/25). They take notes, so it's a little nerve-wracking but otherwise everyone was very friendly. I received contact to schedule a phone call 5 days later, and 1 week after the phone interview, got a call saying that they would not be moving forward. Bummer, but hey, I'm nowhere near local so maybe that factored into it.

Everyone was very amicable and knowledgeable, I do wish we could get feedback. I've never been so positively rejected, haha. Good luck to everyone, the questions on this page are extremely helpful, so read up :-)

Interview Questions

• How would you manage 1 million people with a team of 100?   Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Google.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. After a resume screening, had three rounds of interviews. The interviewers were very nice and try to make you feel as comfortable as possible. Post the interview round there is a hiring committee round, post which you would know the result of your candidature.

Interview Questions

• Situation based questions and questions based on past experience. Ad words knowledge is a must.   Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Google.

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly. A lot of rather vague questions to get an idea of my thought process. I had two interviews with the manager and two with two separate colleagues. They ask about different situations and how you reacted, how you contributed, how you failed etc. It all began with an interviewer on campus, then the ones I described, then I filled out a brief survey and gave them information on former employment and compensation packages.