Google

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

3.4

Associate Account Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in April 2014.

Got Referred and contacted that I was being reviewed and then went thru a phone screening a week later. Screening lasted about 20 minutes. Was then contacted about 5 days later that they were not following thru.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle a book of accounts that you were to contact once it was handed to you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Associate Account Strategist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google.

I submitted my resume through LinkedIn and heard back about two weeks later. I talked to a recruiter, my experience was perfect for the job and I was pushed through to the second round phone interviews. They're on strict time constraints of half hour interviews so they will cut you off regardless of where the conversation is at.

Associate Account Strategist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in March 2014.

Got an initial call about two days after putting in an application. Set up an initial phone interview, which was mostly behavioral; The recruiting officer could not have been nicer. Did two more phone interviews that were more focused on the position. One with a manager, another with an employee in that position. Received an email about 6 days later saying I was not accepted for the position.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be remembered for one sentence, what would it be?   Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Applied directly through Google's jobs page. I was contacted by a recruiter after a few weeks, who asked for my availability for a phone interview on a specific date another two weeks away (so the process up to the first interview was over a month). I was told that the call would be about 15-20 minutes and about my background and qualifications.

Right before the interview, the recruiter emailed asking me to resend my resume. When she called, it was clear right away that she had no interest in interviewing me, and based off the questions she was asking, I doubt she even looked at my resume after I sent it to her. At one point, she gave a long, drawn-out sigh as I started answering her question. At the end, I asked a few specific questions about the job's responsibilities, and she sounded annoyed by the time I asked my second one.

All in all, a fairly bad interview experience on my end because of the interviewer's condescending attitude. I hope her other interviewees had a much better experience than I did, because it made me reevaluate my impression of Google's culture.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty standard first-round questions. One question specific to the role was, "What do you know about AdWords? How might it be used for a small, local business?"   Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

First screening interview is very basic: Why Google, Why this position. Only lasts 15 minutes.
    Second round is 2 interviews with managers in sales. Expect questions like: "How can adwords help a customer" and "tell me a time when you had to quickly react to a situation". I also had a few questions about how to prioritize customers and tasks.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing that was unexpected. They did not ask any questions specifically about my resume.   Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in February 2014.

I applied online through the Google website and about 2 days later I heard from a recruiter. She told me they wanted to get to know me a little better so asked I send an updated resume, fill out an online profile, and send my college transcripts. A few days after that, I heard back from her saying they wanted to move forward with a phone interview. I interviewed with 2 Google employees--one was a the manager of the department. It broke down into (2) 30 minute interviews. One focused on my resume and the second interview focused on hypothetical and behavioral questions.

Its really hard to prep for the interview since a lot of it is just asking your opinion and thoughts on Google and how it can improve its products. Good luck to all!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Google in October 2013.

Applied online with an employee referral as well. Contacted by a recruiter to set up two phone interviews which were a half hour each back to back. I was then contacted minutes after the phone interview asking me to come onsite. Google's travel agency took care of all expenses, including hotel, flights, and a nice food stipend. Onsite interviews were the same format as the phone interviews, just general strategy questions regarding how I would operate in the position and talking about Adwords. Know the product well!!! There were two half hour phone interviews and then a half hour info session. I was contacted a week after the onsite interviews asking for more information from the hiring committee. A week and a half later, I was contacted saying I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Which kind of company would you rather target as a customer, a flower shop or a funeral home?   View Answer
    No negotiation, package was very attractive for an entry level sales job

Associate Account Strategist Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Google.

The process included 3 interviews, over a couple of months. the first interview is CV screening (15min), the second was over Hangouts with HR (30min), the third was over the phone with HR (30min), the fourth was with someone in the same role I was applying for (30min), and the last one is 2 hours long with managers and senior strategist from the team. The last one includes an hour long interview with the general manager and focuses on business and hypothetical scenario questions to assess cognitive ability. It is followed by two 30-min interviews with two senior strategists, and focuses on leadership skills, team fit, personality, customer focus and satisfaction and other competency-based questions.
    The process was a bit fuzzy, but interviewers are overall really friendly and do their best to make you feel at ease.

Interview Questions
    • - What is your favorite Google product and how would you improve it?
      - What is your motivation for this role
      - Tell me of a time when you dealt with a difficult customer?
      - What is your role in a team?
      - What are the different AdWords bidding strategies and for what might you use them for?
      - Explain AdWords to your grandma/a 4 year old child

Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Google in February 2015.

The recruiter was very kind, and the timing less than I forecasted. She asked me about my background and explain me the position and the Google process to hire. The recruiter told me about the possibility to pass that interview and she describe me the possible next process - one interview with the team and one face to face.

Interview Questions
    • - Why do you want work at Google?
      - Why did you apply for this role?
      - Describe me a tough situation that you had with a client

Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

the interview process took 1 month
    - after i sent them my resume they asked me for a motivation letter
    - than 45 min phone interview
    - and the main interview in Google office (2 hours).
    The last interview proceeded in 3 steps: general part, analytical part and AdWords part.

Interview Questions
    • Provide me with the advertising campaign for anti varix tights.   Answer Question