Google

Updated Jan 22, 2015

3.4

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Account Strategist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google.

I submitted my resume through LinkedIn and heard back about two weeks later. I talked to a recruiter, my experience was perfect for the job and I was pushed through to the second round phone interviews. They're on strict time constraints of half hour interviews so they will cut you off regardless of where the conversation is at.

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Associate Account Strategist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in March 2014.

Got an initial call about two days after putting in an application. Set up an initial phone interview, which was mostly behavioral; The recruiting officer could not have been nicer. Did two more phone interviews that were more focused on the position. One with a manager, another with an employee in that position. Received an email about 6 days later saying I was not accepted for the position.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be remembered for one sentence, what would it be?   Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Applied directly through Google's jobs page. I was contacted by a recruiter after a few weeks, who asked for my availability for a phone interview on a specific date another two weeks away (so the process up to the first interview was over a month). I was told that the call would be about 15-20 minutes and about my background and qualifications.

Right before the interview, the recruiter emailed asking me to resend my resume. When she called, it was clear right away that she had no interest in interviewing me, and based off the questions she was asking, I doubt she even looked at my resume after I sent it to her. At one point, she gave a long, drawn-out sigh as I started answering her question. At the end, I asked a few specific questions about the job's responsibilities, and she sounded annoyed by the time I asked my second one.

All in all, a fairly bad interview experience on my end because of the interviewer's condescending attitude. I hope her other interviewees had a much better experience than I did, because it made me reevaluate my impression of Google's culture.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty standard first-round questions. One question specific to the role was, "What do you know about AdWords? How might it be used for a small, local business?"   Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

First screening interview is very basic: Why Google, Why this position. Only lasts 15 minutes.
    Second round is 2 interviews with managers in sales. Expect questions like: "How can adwords help a customer" and "tell me a time when you had to quickly react to a situation". I also had a few questions about how to prioritize customers and tasks.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing that was unexpected. They did not ask any questions specifically about my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Google in October 2013.

Applied online with an employee referral as well. Contacted by a recruiter to set up two phone interviews which were a half hour each back to back. I was then contacted minutes after the phone interview asking me to come onsite. Google's travel agency took care of all expenses, including hotel, flights, and a nice food stipend. Onsite interviews were the same format as the phone interviews, just general strategy questions regarding how I would operate in the position and talking about Adwords. Know the product well!!! There were two half hour phone interviews and then a half hour info session. I was contacted a week after the onsite interviews asking for more information from the hiring committee. A week and a half later, I was contacted saying I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Which kind of company would you rather target as a customer, a flower shop or a funeral home?   View Answer
    No negotiation, package was very attractive for an entry level sales job

Associate Account Strategist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

the interview process took 1 month
    - after i sent them my resume they asked me for a motivation letter
    - than 45 min phone interview
    - and the main interview in Google office (2 hours).
    The last interview proceeded in 3 steps: general part, analytical part and AdWords part.

Interview Questions
    • Provide me with the advertising campaign for anti varix tights.   Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Google in November 2014.

I applied online at first, and got no answer, so I applied through a referral of a friend who works there. It seems to be that referral is the best way to go with Google.

A week later I got a response from a recruiter proposing a first phone call. I had a bit of trouble setting up the date (the Calendar invite was not working), so I just responded to the email with the time and date. The recruiter never responded, and then didn't show up or answer emails the day of the call. She then emailed me the next day with a new time, and then showed up a bit late to the call. We had the call (about 30min) and there she told me I had passed to the next round. She asked questions like "Sell Adwords to a small restaurant" and also asked about my CV and previous experience.

I had the call with the next Googler, who was a person from the Sales team. This interview was a bit harder, with questions like: "What are you passionate about? Sell that to a person who has no interest in it", or "What 3 things would you suggest to Larry Page?".

I also passed this interview, and Google offered to fly me to the office for the final round. There I had 3 interviews (total duration 2hs), regarding my analytical skills ("Calculate the potential revenue of adding Adwords to G+"), personal goals in life ("What are you passionate about"), and work experience. They had me do "difficult client situations" about 4 times ("Sell this CD player to a client" and they would be very difficult about it).

A week later, they called me and told me I passed, but I had to go through a review board. A week after they called again and said I passed that and I was offered the job.

It was an intense process, but if you study hard and read the Glassdoor reviews (very, very helpful!) then you should be ok.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the Internet to a client who doesn't know what it is. How would you explain Adwords in this context?
      What 3 things would you recommend to Larry page?
      What would you do if you were CEO for a day?

Answer Question
    No negotiation, the salary is not the highest but they make it up with bonuses and a ton of benefits

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrocław (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrocław (Poland)

I applied online – interviewed at Google in November 2014.

I applied Online and they contacted me about 2 weeks later to make a time out, where we can speak about my application. After a few days a recruiter called me from Ireland and asked questions like this:

- Why Google?
    - Why this position?
    - Do you know what Adwords is?
    - Do you have any experience working with customers?

The next stage was a Google Hangout interview with a manager in this position:
    Some questions were repeated:

- Why Google?
    - Why this position?
    - Explain Adwords to me?
    - Tell me about a situation. where it was difficult for you to satisfy the customer? What did you do to handle it?
    - Tell me about a situation where you had to work in a team?
    - Tell me about a problem that you had working in a team?
    - How would you explain Adwords to your grandmother?

Interview Questions
    • Imagine I'm a flower shop owner, how would you convince me to use Adwords?   Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Google in November 2014.

The process started with an employee referral and an initial phone interview with the recruiter. Next stage was a phone interview with another associate account strategist, which to me occurred to be very chilled out competency related talk. The final stage comprised of rounds of interviews with a team leader, account strategist, and a manager respectively. Mostly competency based questions and simple hypothetical scenarios for situational judgement. I am waiting to hear back the outcome

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your co-worker was constantly rude to the client over the phone?   Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist Interview

First of all basic HR interview according to your sales background and Adwords knowledge, secondly basic interview with Account Executive about classical Adwords questions again, and at the end with 3 Googler (2 Acc Exe, 1 Acc Manager) about brain teaser questions, group achievement questions and again Adwords.

Interview Questions
    • Please do your Mobil Application marketing. (You have 1000 user.)   Answer Question