Google

Updated Jan 22, 2015

3.4

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Account Strategist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google in October 2014.

I submitted my CV and received an email a few weeks later to schedule a first interview with Human Resources. At the end of the interview we scheduled a subsequent interview with someone in the position I applied for.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a situation where you improved an inefficient process.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in September 2014.

I applied online and got contacted a week later. The recruiter was very polite, asked me when I would be available for a phone screen interview. I had read all the reviews on Glassdoor so I felt prepared, though nervous. She was extremely nice, we even discussed something about the weather. She told me how the interview process would go and then asked me to tell her about my education, then about my work experience. Afterwards she told me she would ask me some situation questions, I was a bit surprised because from other reviews they asked these questions usually on the 2nd or 3rd interview but I think I did good. Some of the questions:
    - You're an account strategist and you need to do a pitch for a new client. What would you say?
    - What do you need to know about a business to make a good Adwords campaign?
    She didn't ask me anything general, like why do I want to work for Google, achievements, etc., only this type and later told me that I passed to the next interview which I have in a few days.

Associate Account Strategist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

About one month after applying for the position online, I got an email from Google and an invitation for a phone interview. The first interview was mainly scanning my knowledge about Google and Adwords (i.e. "How would you sell Adwords for a small company?"), sales ("How could you improve your sales in X time by X%") and my interest towards the company and products ("Why sales? Why Google?"). The interviewer was very nice and encouraging throughout the whole interview, and at the end told me I had passed to the next level.

For the second (also by phone) interview with team manager, I got a very comprehensive package on how to prepare, what to take into consideration and where to find more information. I had also a case study to prepare. I was asked a lot of behavioural and personality questions ("How would you reach out a customer that has not been active for a long time?", "What is an accomplishment you are most proud of?") after the case study presentation. At the end I got a lot of time to ask questions and get insights, which was super nice and a great way to learn more about Google. The third interview was in Google Hangout with 3 different persons in different positions, and mainly again about Adwords, selling, behavioural questions and knowledge of Google overall. I felt that the interview went well, but got a call shortly after from HR saying that they had chosen someone else.

Overall, the interviews were a very positive experience. The HR was very supportive and kept me updated the whole time, and the interviewers were friendly yet professional, giving also opportunities to ask for more information and get insights.

Associate Account Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google in September 2014.

one phone interview with HR (my recrutier) then another one with a team member, and then 3 different interviews via g-hangouts with people from other teams. the second one is mostly about the market you are going to work with and the questions touch the sensitive dots of each market.

Interview Questions
    • no unexpected but many questions about the product- google adwords so know it welll!   Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrocław (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrocław (Poland)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Google in September 2014.

After applying online I received an e-mail that the would like to schedule a phone call interview. The first stage was an interview with the recruiter. She asked me basic questions about my background, work and education, and talked about the position and asked what I know about AdWords. After that, I had another phone call from the member of the team, and he asked me more of behavioral questions like: Can you describe the situation with a difficult client and how did you manage that? The third stage was going to the nearest Google location and I had a conference with people from Google Wroclaw and one more person from Ireland. The questions were similar, but the whole process was long and exhausting.

Interview Questions
    • 10 reasons why the business should have an AdWords account   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Google in August 2014.

I got referred by a Google employee. After reviewing my CV we arranged a phone interview. They asked about my under and post graduate grades and about my experience. I am still waiting to know if I passed onto the next stage. They told me I would receive news in seven to ten days.

Interview Questions
    • The fact that she asked me about my experience with clients when my CV makes clear that I don't have any...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

I applied through the employee referral process and received an email yhe same day confirming my application. On the same day, a recruiter sent an email requesting for me to confirm an interview date.

I was called two weeks later for an initial interview by my recruiter. It was a thirty minute interview with questions like:
    1. Why do you feel you are suitable for this position?
    2. What are the roles in this position?
    3. What is your understanding of AdWords?

I received an email shortly after the interview confirming I had passed and would be scheduled for my second interview. My second interview was about two weeks later on phone by someone in the same position. She asked questions like:
    1. What is your favourite Google product?
    2. If you had superpowers, what would they be?
    3. What is your hobby?
    4. What kind of books do you read and which was the lasg pne you read?
    5. What makes you suitable for this position?

Two days later my recruiter sent a confirmation email that I had passed my interview amd referred me to a new recruiter. Two weeks later my new recruiter set me up for an interview with a team of three via hangouts as I was interviewing for a role in a different continent. The interview happened about a week or two later. The panel consisted of two team members and the team manager of the team I would be joining. Some of the questions they asked were:
    1. What is AdWords?
    2. What is your favourite Google product and why?
    3. What does CTR mean?
    4. How can you increase sales rate by 25% in 3 months?
    5. Why do you want to work for Google?

I then received a confirmation from my recruiter a week later that I had passed and since I was interviewing for a foreign language, I would need a language test interview which was set up for two days later. The whole interview had questions similar to previous interviews but was all in a foreign language. Two weeks later, I got confirmation of passing the interview and was set up for a final telephone interview with a senior member of the team i was joining. Questions were like:
    1. How will you handle the pressures of work while in school (I attend graduate school)
    2. What is your thesis about and why that topic?
    3. Is Google a good brand in your opinion? Why or why not?
    4. What is a good brand?
    5. What is Google's greatest challenge as a company?

My recruiter called half an hour later to confirm I had passed. She then created my profile which was evaluated by the employment committee. I received a call a week later to be given my job offer. An email was then sent with my job offer.

Interview Questions
    • There wasnt really any difficult question. Perhaps what is Google's greatest challenge as a company.   View Answer
    It was a good offer, no need to negotiate.

Associate Account Strategist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Google in July 2014.

A little over 2 weeks after I submitted my application, I was contacted by a recruiter via e-mail. She asked if we could arrange a time to speak over the phone. We scheduled some time for later that week. During that initial phone screening we discussed my interest in the position, my current job, and established a deeper understanding of the role I was applying for.

After about 25 minutes, the recruiter said she'd like to arrange a time for me to speak with someone else who was actually in a similar position to the Associate Account Strategist role. A few days later, this call took place. There were a lot of situational questions.

- Tell me about a time when you overcame a challenge in the workplace
    - How have you improved a certain process at work?
    - Why Google?
    - Tell me about a time when you spoke with a dissatisfied client and what did you do to appease them?
    - Name 3 advantages of AdWords
    - Have you ever improved the efficiency of a process/task at work?

Interview Questions
    • If Google decided to charge g-mail users, how would you recommend implementing this?   Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Applied through a college job fair, had a call after two days. The initial interview was pretty straight forward, you need to know exactly what your role is about and should know a lot about AdWords. Be prepared to give a lot of examples.
    The second interview was through Google hangouts. It was 3 successive 45 min interview.
    The most important thing is not to be nervous and show interest in the company and role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

2 phone interviews and an onsite interview.
    Just went through the phone interviews for now : my interviewers were very friendly and made me feel at ease.
    The first interview was a regular HR one, to get to know me better and try to figure out if i fit in google s culture and for the job.
    I was asked to prepare a mock pitch for the second round but the interviewer didn't really let me to go through it. When he saw that i prepared it, he just wanted to move on.
    I m going soon to the onsite interview :)

Interview Questions
    • You are a SMB and you have never used adwords. How much would you bid ?   View Answer