Google

Average Difficulty
35 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online - interviewed at Google in March 2014.

Interview Details – First, I submitted my CV and received a email back from Google 3 months later.
I then arranged a phone interview with the recruiter she was friendly and asked me basic questions. I then was told I was through to the next round and she asked for a time and a date to suit me.

A week later, a member from the team rang me? The interview was quite challenging with some unexpected questions. I have to wait and see if I get through to the next round.

Interview Question – Describe Adwords?
If all of the internet went out in Dublin City what Google Apps could you use?

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Google in January 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume via the employee referral program. I heard back from Google that they had received my resume and would get back to me in two weeks. I heard back in three weeks regarding which position I was being considered for and to schedule a phone interview within the next two weeks.
The phone interview went very well and they mostly asked questions regarding my previous work experience and Adwords. After the interview I was told I passed on to the next stage of the process and was immediately scheduled for another interview the following week. I am currently in the process of preparing for this second interview.

Interview Question – Name three benefits of Adwords
Describe Adwords

Wrocław (Poland)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – Got in contact with Google through the referral program. After a couple of days later I received an email from someone in Dublin indicating that I match their profile so they wanted to call me to ask some questions. However, after a couple of days I was informed that the position was taken thanks to that, they cancelled the call before I even had a chance to say anything.

Associate Account Strategist

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Google in January 2014.

Interview Details – first interviw on the phone many questions about my past work and education

second phone interview mostly focused on my team playing abilities with questions such as what are your key achievements and asking for difficult situations in my work with colleges and how did i solve them.

i am still waiting to hear back from them

Interview Question – what do you bring to a team and how to you solve problems with colleges   Answer Question

Wrocław (Poland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Google in November 2013.

Interview Details – I had a a telephone interview with HR from Ireland.
It covered me education, grades, what I know about the position, my previous job resposibilities, why Google, basic questions about Adwords, some analitical and problem-solving skills questions.
I was too nervious (bcs I really wanted to get this job), I think that is why I was rejected. And I was far from perfect at analitical and problem-solving skills questions (but again this is due the fact I didn't control my emotions and could not calm down)

Interview Question – 1. What processes did you optimize at your previous job and how?
2. Situation: The current level of customer satisfaction is 80%. You have to increase it by 10% in 3 months. What will you do? Describe it step by step.

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details – Had two phone screenings

Interview Question – How would you make customers switch to mobile advertising?   View Answer

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Google in October 2013.

Interview Details – Phase 1: Phone interview with HR very straight froward questions about my education and work experience etc.

Phase 2: Phone interview with a member of the team i would join. More questions about my work experience, but also personal fit questions like. What role do you take on in a team ? How would you handle a conflict with a team member ?

Phase 3: In person interview at HQ in Dublin. I had 3 interviews bak to back. The first was with a team leader, the second with team member, and the third with the a team leader responsible for innovation in my market.

The atmosphere during interview was relaxed and friendly. It was more like a conversation with some personal fit questions, questions about Adwords, scenarios. But now and then i got a curve ball question so its important to remain focused.The scenarios were the most difficult questions, but remain calm, listen intently to the question, and allow yourself some time to come up with a well thought through answer and you will do fine.

It also important to let your personality shine through when your asked the lighter personal fit questions like - What interest do you have that are not on your CV ? What kind of person are you outside of work ?

Good luck !

Interview Question – How would you go about to figure out why there was a decline in the proportion of first time solve customer issues ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – That was a bit odd and the only negative thing. After i had found out that I passed the in person interview, I got an e-mail stating that that HR was working on hiring package for me that they would use to pitch me to the SVP for approval. The e-mail was extremely positive as if i had got the job even though i hadn't technically. A week later I was presented with hiring package and it met my expectations and then some . So i didn't feel any need to negotiate.

Wrocław (Poland)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Google in July 2013.

Interview Details – Just sent my CV through their website with a weird cover letter, and a recruiter sent me an email to have a phone interview. It lasted 35 mins and was very nice. She asked me about my CV, my job experience and few questions about Adwords and Google.

She then sent me an email saying they were going to continue the process with other candidates.

Two months later they call me again for the same position and I'm currently on it.

I've passed this first step, hope everything will go well, this is in fact my dream job.

Interview Question – I told her I was happy with my current job and explained her about it, and then she told me it didn't make sense to change a job if you are happy. Where she really working at Google? Who does not want to move to Google?? Btw, regarding typical weird questions I didn't receive one, but I was asked about Adwords and pros and cons of it. Not difficult, I was prepared.   Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Google in June 2013.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interviews. Phone screening with HR in Brazil and a recruiter in montain view. The last round consisted of 3 interviews with members of the SMB team in Sao Paulo. Behavioural questions and sales roleplays + plus small case on the shampoo market size in Brazil to verify quant skills of the candidates.

Interview Question – If you want to increase the login rates among google users navigating and searching, what would you do?   Answer Question

Wrocław (Poland)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – The hiring process is consist of several interviews. First, it was a phone screening with HR, then a phone interview with one of the SMB team representative.

Interview Question – What would you improve in your favourite Google product?   Answer Question