Google

Updated Dec 9, 2014

3.4

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Account Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google in September 2014.

one phone interview with HR (my recrutier) then another one with a team member, and then 3 different interviews via g-hangouts with people from other teams. the second one is mostly about the market you are going to work with and the questions touch the sensitive dots of each market.

Interview Questions
  • no unexpected but many questions about the product- google adwords so know it welll!   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrocław (Poland)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Google in September 2014.

After applying online I received an e-mail that the would like to schedule a phone call interview. The first stage was an interview with the recruiter. She asked me basic questions about my background, work and education, and talked about the position and asked what I know about AdWords. After that, I had another phone call from the member of the team, and he asked me more of behavioral questions like: Can you describe the situation with a difficult client and how did you manage that? The third stage was going to the nearest Google location and I had a conference with people from Google Wroclaw and one more person from Ireland. The questions were similar, but the whole process was long and exhausting.

Interview Questions
    • 10 reasons why the business should have an AdWords account   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Google in August 2014.

I got referred by a Google employee. After reviewing my CV we arranged a phone interview. They asked about my under and post graduate grades and about my experience. I am still waiting to know if I passed onto the next stage. They told me I would receive news in seven to ten days.

Interview Questions
    • The fact that she asked me about my experience with clients when my CV makes clear that I don't have any...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

I applied through the employee referral process and received an email yhe same day confirming my application. On the same day, a recruiter sent an email requesting for me to confirm an interview date.

I was called two weeks later for an initial interview by my recruiter. It was a thirty minute interview with questions like:
    1. Why do you feel you are suitable for this position?
    2. What are the roles in this position?
    3. What is your understanding of AdWords?

I received an email shortly after the interview confirming I had passed and would be scheduled for my second interview. My second interview was about two weeks later on phone by someone in the same position. She asked questions like:
    1. What is your favourite Google product?
    2. If you had superpowers, what would they be?
    3. What is your hobby?
    4. What kind of books do you read and which was the lasg pne you read?
    5. What makes you suitable for this position?

Two days later my recruiter sent a confirmation email that I had passed my interview amd referred me to a new recruiter. Two weeks later my new recruiter set me up for an interview with a team of three via hangouts as I was interviewing for a role in a different continent. The interview happened about a week or two later. The panel consisted of two team members and the team manager of the team I would be joining. Some of the questions they asked were:
    1. What is AdWords?
    2. What is your favourite Google product and why?
    3. What does CTR mean?
    4. How can you increase sales rate by 25% in 3 months?
    5. Why do you want to work for Google?

I then received a confirmation from my recruiter a week later that I had passed and since I was interviewing for a foreign language, I would need a language test interview which was set up for two days later. The whole interview had questions similar to previous interviews but was all in a foreign language. Two weeks later, I got confirmation of passing the interview and was set up for a final telephone interview with a senior member of the team i was joining. Questions were like:
    1. How will you handle the pressures of work while in school (I attend graduate school)
    2. What is your thesis about and why that topic?
    3. Is Google a good brand in your opinion? Why or why not?
    4. What is a good brand?
    5. What is Google's greatest challenge as a company?

My recruiter called half an hour later to confirm I had passed. She then created my profile which was evaluated by the employment committee. I received a call a week later to be given my job offer. An email was then sent with my job offer.

Interview Questions
    • There wasnt really any difficult question. Perhaps what is Google's greatest challenge as a company.   View Answer
    It was a good offer, no need to negotiate.

Associate Account Strategist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Google in July 2014.

A little over 2 weeks after I submitted my application, I was contacted by a recruiter via e-mail. She asked if we could arrange a time to speak over the phone. We scheduled some time for later that week. During that initial phone screening we discussed my interest in the position, my current job, and established a deeper understanding of the role I was applying for.

After about 25 minutes, the recruiter said she'd like to arrange a time for me to speak with someone else who was actually in a similar position to the Associate Account Strategist role. A few days later, this call took place. There were a lot of situational questions.

- Tell me about a time when you overcame a challenge in the workplace
    - How have you improved a certain process at work?
    - Why Google?
    - Tell me about a time when you spoke with a dissatisfied client and what did you do to appease them?
    - Name 3 advantages of AdWords
    - Have you ever improved the efficiency of a process/task at work?

Interview Questions
    • If Google decided to charge g-mail users, how would you recommend implementing this?   Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Applied through a college job fair, had a call after two days. The initial interview was pretty straight forward, you need to know exactly what your role is about and should know a lot about AdWords. Be prepared to give a lot of examples.
    The second interview was through Google hangouts. It was 3 successive 45 min interview.
    The most important thing is not to be nervous and show interest in the company and role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

2 phone interviews and an onsite interview.
    Just went through the phone interviews for now : my interviewers were very friendly and made me feel at ease.
    The first interview was a regular HR one, to get to know me better and try to figure out if i fit in google s culture and for the job.
    I was asked to prepare a mock pitch for the second round but the interviewer didn't really let me to go through it. When he saw that i prepared it, he just wanted to move on.
    I m going soon to the onsite interview :)

Interview Questions
    • You are a SMB and you have never used adwords. How much would you bid ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Google in June 2014.

I applied for the position on Google's website and got a call about 10 days later by a Google recruiter. After an initial phone screen, we decided to move on and I was invited for three on-site interviews in Dublin. With preparation, its very easy to master these. After a week I received a call by the recruiter that the team wants to hire me, but did not get the headcount approved. This is the worst experience I had with a company I was interviewing with. How can you invite people to interviews without having headcount?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had your worst experience working with customers   Answer Question

I had to decline because Google realized there was no headcount

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrocław (Poland)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Google.

I originally signed up for general information about openings at google at a university job fair. A few weeks later I was approached by their HR about an opening that would have matched my language profile.
    A phone interview was quickly scheduled, mostly focusing on general information, but finished with classical job-interview questions (like were you ever in a conflict in your earlier work environments? How did you solve it?) and finally a few on actual experience with using AdWords and the state of digital marketing.

Associate Account Strategist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

Got contacted by a Google recruiter who wanted to discuss my work experience as they had a few openings she thought would suit me perfectly. After mails back and forth for 1 month we had a phone interview and currently waiting for next steps. We also discussed 2 different positions and had a common understanding about which one would suit me.

Interview Questions
    • The whole process all questions related were quite demanding. Good preparation required!   Answer Question