Google Associate Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2014

3.7

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Product Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google.

Overall, I thought that the HR department at Google was very helpful and easy to work with. However, it seems that for APM they are still using Fermi Questions. Overall, I was not happy with my performance on the interview, but much of that has to do with not knowing what to prepare in the first place. It didn't seem like going over technical skills helped at all. The first round was a Fermi Question (below) and other questions like

Interview Questions
  • If scientists said that phone batteries could not get any better. What would you do to make a better phone experience?   View Answers (2)

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Associate Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Google in January 2010.

Initially it was phone interview which took about 45min. Interviewed by Manager. Questions very easy at the beginning but later it went very technical and tough.

Associate Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Google.

Submit the application then got a phone call for setup an interview

Interview Questions
    • If google is trying to build a TV service like comcast, what would you do?   View Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

First round is a phone screen. Second round is on-site with three interviewers. There are two or three more rounds to an offer. There's also an essay involved for the final round.

Associate Product Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google.

Lots of questions about your opinion on Google products and of hypothetical new products. They will ask you your favorite new product and how you could market it further, increase its profits, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Google in April 2009.

Applied online and had initial phone interview. After the phone interview, I was flown down to Mountain View to interview with a group of other new grads. I was the only person within the group that was not from an Ivy League school, and that came up during all my 1;1 interviews. I think they take it overly seriously there. I had about 4 1;1 meetings while down there, but really the whole day is one big cultural fit interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Google in February 2013.

I got contacted by an HR recruiter to set up a first phone interview with a PM, few days after an employee referred me. The interviewer had a non-technical background and 10+ years experience in a non-tech related company.

The questions were fairly conventional:
    1) Why do you want to join Google?
    2) Design questions:
    - How would you design an ATM for elderly people?
    - How would you figure out whether there are any problems with the ATM design?
    - What is a Google product you love? Imagine you are responsible for one of its features, how would you monitor its use, and how to measure its success/ failure?
    3) Market sizing questions:
    -How to monetize Google Maps?
    -How would you calculate the revenue from the ads on Google Maps?
    4) Creativity questions: (took nearly 25 minutes, clearly the most important part for the interviewer)
    - Google is thinking of creating an all internet car, brainstorm some interesting use cases!

Interview Questions
    • Google is thinking of creating an all internet car, brainstorm some interesting use cases!   View Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Google.

Interviewed via phone with one of Google's Product Managers. Interviewer did not seem like he very much cared to be interviewing candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Google in January 2013.

The recruiters were good. This was a 45-min phone screen interview, I got four questions.
    - Tell me about yourself
    - Tell me about your the startup that you are working on
    - Brainstorm some apps with a mood API (an API that have sensors that can learn about your mood)
    - Talk about an emerging technology that you are tracking

Interview Questions
    • - Talk about an emerging technology that you are tracking   View Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Google.

They set up an interview, which they explained was a huge process. There are two phone interviews, on-site interviews, an essay, and then a final interview with the head of Product development.

They don't give feedback either, so it's really difficult to figure out exactly how you did in the interview. All in all though, I had a pleasant time.

Interview Questions

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!