Google

39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Associate Product Manager

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – Overall, I thought that the HR department at Google was very helpful and easy to work with. However, it seems that for APM they are still using Fermi Questions. Overall, I was not happy with my performance on the interview, but much of that has to do with not knowing what to prepare in the first place. It didn't seem like going over technical skills helped at all. The first round was a Fermi Question (below) and other questions like

Interview Question – If scientists said that phone batteries could not get any better. What would you do to make a better phone experience?   View Answer

Associate Product Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Google in January 2010.

Interview Details – Initially it was phone interview which took about 45min. Interviewed by Manager. Questions very easy at the beginning but later it went very technical and tough.

Interview Question – Total size of the Google server   View Answer

Associate Product Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – Submit the application then got a phone call for setup an interview

Interview Question – If google is trying to build a TV service like comcast, what would you do?   View Answer

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details – First round is a phone screen. Second round is on-site with three interviewers. There are two or three more rounds to an offer. There's also an essay involved for the final round.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – Lots of questions about your opinion on Google products and of hypothetical new products. They will ask you your favorite new product and how you could market it further, increase its profits, etc.

Interview Question – Which Google product would you cut and why?   Answer Question

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Google in April 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online and had initial phone interview. After the phone interview, I was flown down to Mountain View to interview with a group of other new grads. I was the only person within the group that was not from an Ivy League school, and that came up during all my 1;1 interviews. I think they take it overly seriously there. I had about 4 1;1 meetings while down there, but really the whole day is one big cultural fit interview.

Interview Question – How many ping pong balls fit in a school bus?   View Answers (2)

Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Google in February 2013.

Interview Details – I got contacted by an HR recruiter to set up a first phone interview with a PM, few days after an employee referred me. The interviewer had a non-technical background and 10+ years experience in a non-tech related company.

The questions were fairly conventional:
1) Why do you want to join Google?
2) Design questions:
- How would you design an ATM for elderly people?
- How would you figure out whether there are any problems with the ATM design?
- What is a Google product you love? Imagine you are responsible for one of its features, how would you monitor its use, and how to measure its success/ failure?
3) Market sizing questions:
-How to monetize Google Maps?
-How would you calculate the revenue from the ads on Google Maps?
4) Creativity questions: (took nearly 25 minutes, clearly the most important part for the interviewer)
- Google is thinking of creating an all internet car, brainstorm some interesting use cases!

Interview Question – Google is thinking of creating an all internet car, brainstorm some interesting use cases!   View Answer

Associate Product Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – Interviewed via phone with one of Google's Product Managers. Interviewer did not seem like he very much cared to be interviewing candidates.

Interview Question – Estimate the yearly income of Facebook.   Answer Question

Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Google in January 2013.

Interview Details – The recruiters were good. This was a 45-min phone screen interview, I got four questions.
- Tell me about yourself
- Tell me about your the startup that you are working on
- Brainstorm some apps with a mood API (an API that have sensors that can learn about your mood)
- Talk about an emerging technology that you are tracking

Interview Question – - Talk about an emerging technology that you are tracking   View Answer

Associate Product Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – They set up an interview, which they explained was a huge process. There are two phone interviews, on-site interviews, an essay, and then a final interview with the head of Product development.

They don't give feedback either, so it's really difficult to figure out exactly how you did in the interview. All in all though, I had a pleasant time.

Interview Question – How many airplanes are in the sky at any point?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Google

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google Associate Product Manager interview questions and advice. All 39 interview reviews posted anonymously by Google employees and interview candidates.