Google

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

BOLD Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – Applied in October by employer referral and was emailed in January to interview for the position. Had two back-to-back interviews (which lasted 30 minutes each) in late January and heard back in mid-February

Interview Question – What is favorite Google product and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Difficult Interview

BOLD Intern

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Google in March 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted application in October, heard back about interview in February. Two phone interviews, each thirty minutes long. Interviewers were great, and most questions focused on my background. Recruiter was very kind, and seemed to actually care about my progress. Heard back about offer in March.

Negotiation Details – Was considering two other offers. Immediately accepted Google.

I applied online and interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – Submitted an application in December, heard back a few months later. Had two phone interviews and a rejection. Even if you're not applying for an engineering job they really want people who are super connected to the internet and social media. It is almost as if they are trying to prove a point so it would help to become more active on social media in the months leading up to the application.

Interview Question – What is your favorite Google product and how would you improve it?   Answer Question

I applied online and interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – Questions are largely behavior and fit, depending on the department. People Ops will likely not get case questions. Marketing or other departments like Commerce will get some sort of case question - not similar to consulting interviews, however. These case questions are more geared towards the department - for example, for Marketing, they might ask you what your favorite product/marketing campaign is, and then ask you how you would improve the marketing campaign if you were managing the marketing for the product.

Interview Question – Describe __________ as if you were describing to a 6-year old child.   Answer Question

Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Google in December 2010.

Interview Details – So I interviewed for the BOLD Internship Program. I had two over the phone interviews that lasted about 30 mins each and most of the questions were behavioral. HOWEVER, the typical "Google" questions that look for your thought process caught me off guard. I really hit it off with the second interviewer, but not the first. I really recommended reading books on Google, they are really impressed by that. I read "What Would Google Do" and they really enjoy hearing if you have a feel for the culture and "quirky" they are; they pride themselves on that. I really thought I would get it because I went to NY with them for the BOLD Immersion Program, but apparently a lot of us were rejected :( Good luck :)

Interview Questions

I applied online and interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – When I first received an email from the Google recruiter I was ecstatic. The entire time I communicated with any of the staff memebers or recruiters was very pleasant. They were kind and approachable, and made you feel proud to even have been selected for an interview.

I interviewed for 3 departments via Google Hangout: the GAGA team (advertising), a design team, and a research team. I had two interviews per department and they all went very well. They made you feel comfortable during the interview and had a genuine interest to speak with you. Questions were very straightforward for the most part regarding my leadership experiences, interest in the industry, past internship roles, etc. For the design team, I had "homework" to complete which was to design 3 different ads given some images and copy.

Although I was not accepted, I was told I was a strong candidate and they encouraged me to stay in touch over the summer and to look for full-time opportunities. They certainly made it seem as though they value their interns and want to serve as a mentor more so than a boss.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were really proud of your design but it was not well received or understood by your audience. How did you handle this?

(As mentioned, questions were not difficult. Very straightforward)
  Answer Question

BOLD Intern

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – I made it to the final round of Google's BOLD Internship program. It consists of two phone interviews, about 20-30 minutes each. Most questions were standard, with the exception of two "Google" questions mentioned below. The interviewers asked some questions specific to their product (e.g., "What would you change?), which is sometimes one of Google's more obscure products. One of my interviewers worked on Google Product Forums. Be very well-versed in their product line.

Interview Question – One of my interviewers asked two "Google" questions, the other did not ask any. Search online for examples; these are impossible questions designed to see how you approach problems.   Answer Question

BOLD Intern

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – You have to submit through the google BOLD site. Submit resume and a response to their essay question. They also ask for SAT and/or ACT scores. Once you submit, they start contacting people on a rolling basis. I didn't get contacted until late March. I was studying abroad at the time so I had two phone interviews and one interview using their online video "hang-out" app.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you were a leader?
What is your favorite google product? How would you improve it?
  Answer Question

BOLD Intern

I applied through other source and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – I participated in the Google BOLD Immersion and was happy to hear that we would all be put on the "fast track" for internship interviews and decisions. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to mean much. After months of waiting [we were told this at the end of our program in August] they eventually got back to us. However, interviews kept being delayed and recruiters seemed to work on different schedules.

I had 2 rounds of phone interviews. For the most part, they were pretty standard. However, I did not hear about a decision until early May. This posed a problem because I had no concrete plans down for the summer beforehand.

Overall, this process taught me to be patient, but also to remember not to put all your eggs in one basket. The process was slow and frustrating, I felt constantly reminded that Google probably had lines of people waiting to get an interview, so they knew their talent supply was endless.

Long story short: Still a great company. Slow recruiting process. Average interview.

Interview Question – Nothing exceptionally difficult or unexpected. Know about Google, company culture, the products, etc.   Answer Question

BOLD Intern

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was extremely easy going. I had two back to back interviews and the questions were primarily behavioural. Key thing here is to be as genuine and honest as possible. The interviewers really guide you throughout the questions and give you cues if you are answering a question that is off-topic. Try to find out what team you are interviewing for before hand so you can research them. You will definitely be asked questions related to your position during the summer.

Interview Question – How do you organize or prioritize when you have 4-5 projects given to you at one time?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Extremely helpful HR; couldn't negotiate the salary but the start date was extremely flexible

Interviews for Top Jobs at Google

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google BOLD Intern interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Google employees and interview candidates.