Google BOLD Intern Interview Questions

3.5

BOLD Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Applied in October by employer referral and was emailed in January to interview for the position. Had two back-to-back interviews (which lasted 30 minutes each) in late January and heard back in mid-February

Interview Questions

• What is favorite Google product and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Google

BOLD Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Google in March 2013.

Interview

Submitted application in October, heard back about interview in February. Two phone interviews, each thirty minutes long. Interviewers were great, and most questions focused on my background. Recruiter was very kind, and seemed to actually care about my progress. Heard back about offer in March.

Negotiation

Was considering two other offers. Immediately accepted Google.

BOLD Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Questions are largely behavior and fit, depending on the department. People Ops will likely not get case questions. Marketing or other departments like Commerce will get some sort of case question - not similar to consulting interviews, however. These case questions are more geared towards the department - for example, for Marketing, they might ask you what your favorite product/marketing campaign is, and then ask you how you would improve the marketing campaign if you were managing the marketing for the product.

Interview Questions

• Describe __________ as if you were describing to a 6-year old child.   Answer Question

BOLD Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

You have to submit through the google BOLD site. Submit resume and a response to their essay question. They also ask for SAT and/or ACT scores. Once you submit, they start contacting people on a rolling basis. I didn't get contacted until late March. I was studying abroad at the time so I had two phone interviews and one interview using their online video "hang-out" app.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you were a leader? What is your favorite google product? How would you improve it?   Answer Question

BOLD Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in May 2010.

Interview

The interview was extremely easy going. I had two back to back interviews and the questions were primarily behavioural. Key thing here is to be as genuine and honest as possible. The interviewers really guide you throughout the questions and give you cues if you are answering a question that is off-topic. Try to find out what team you are interviewing for before hand so you can research them. You will definitely be asked questions related to your position during the summer.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize or prioritize when you have 4-5 projects given to you at one time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Extremely helpful HR; couldn't negotiate the salary but the start date was extremely flexible