Google Interview Questions & Reviews in Bangalore

3.7

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Google in February 2014.

very tough

depends on my mood

Adwords Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Google in September 2013.

Lot of stress on privacy issues and focussed mainly on how to solve them. Discussed in depth about various google products like gmail,adwords,blogger etc.
    The interviewer was mainly testing how i could handle problems related to spamming, phishing etc....all the possible solutions i can come up with..
    Questions were also asked about my projecct.

Interview Questions
    • What are the possible solutions that you can think of to tackle various phishing and spamming attacks.   View Answer

Technology Head At Google Student Club Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google in August 2013.

In the first round, we had to send our resumes. About 50 student resumes were selected and then they were called in for a Personal Interview by a Google Student Ambassador. After the Personal Interview round, 10 students were selected for different head positions in the club which was headed by the Google Student Ambassador(GSA) of the college.

Interview Questions
    • How will you organize a 'zero-budget' event using Google Docs. Remember that the event should attract audience.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Google in August 2013.

They had a initial screening process according resumes. Then they did one phone interview. After that it was onsite 4 round interview processes.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me some approximation algorithm for NP hard problem   Answer Question

Adwords Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google in February 2013.

Went through 5 steps they are as follows:

1) telephone interview
    2) Easy writing
    3)interview through google chat
    4)interview through google chat
    5)interview through google chat

Interview Questions
    • they use your own logic against you , so please be crystal clear in your knowledge about their products and services and the dynamics of how they work   Answer Question

Account Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google in February 2013.

A recruiter should be informing/updating you about the opportunity mostly by mail. After the initial review, an essay test has to be completed in 1 hour 10 minutes, upon successful completion an onsite interview may be scheduled at any of the Google India locations.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly hypothetical and role related questions. Well articulated.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Google in October 2012.

Google's hiring bars in India are ridiculously unreasonable and competition is high. It may be advisable to apply to Google USA only! Most engineers in Google, Bangalore do what I have been doing for 4-5 years, yet none of their interviews were focused on my past projects. Apparently, Google claims that they look at the candidate's thought process, it's wasn't so in my case! I got 2 questions partially correct and *I think* I did well in all others in 5 interviews and still got rejected. The feedback from the recruiter was that a "a couple of interviews went well but a couple others didn't go so well"

Insider story is that every interviewer gives you a score
    1- no hire
    2- no hire, but unsure
    3- hire, but unsure
    4- hire

You must get an average score > 3.5 for the local hiring committee to approve your application. I think mine got scraped at the local level itself.

Overall, the interview experience was positive. I had a couple of easy phone screens and they provided to and fro tickets to Bangalore, accommodation and local transport. The pace of the interviews was comfortable, there was free lunch and everyone was on time.

My recruiter was very unprofessional. She didn't get back to me until 1.5 months after the interview was done. I must have sent her 6 follow up emails and she didn't bother responding to any one of them. A short note asking me to wait for some more time would have been very helpful. A rule of thumb is if the recruiter isn't calling back and checking up if you have an offer at hand etc., they are not that interested in you.

Note that references from engineers working in Google matter a lot. Google also does a background check if you have peers inside and you cannot lie - I was asked if I had worked with certain people already in the company. I had a nasty ex-colleague in Google who because of team dynamics was pitched as my competition (I know, petty politics!). If you have such a case, don't write his/her name. Google will trust their employees over you. It's important that you think it through and then provide references.

Interview Questions
    • Can't disclose the exact question because of NDA, but here's some food for thought:

3 can be written as 1+1+1, 1+2, 2+1
      4 can be written as 1+1+1+1, 1+1+2, 2+2, 1+2+1, 2+1+1, 3+1, 1+3

Given an integer, how many possible expressions exist? (1+2 and 2+1 are different)
        View Answers (7)

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Google in August 2012.

My resume was referred to the Indian recruiter by a senior US employee. The recruiter scheduled a phone interview for 5 days later with someone in the US (late night call). Before the call they gave me instructions on what to expect. As Google PM was my dream role, I actually prepared a 12 page cheat sheet for the call [ what a waste!].

The interviewer was a PM who had relocated from India to the US and showed major attitude. My strong sense here is that the phone interview was just a formality, they had already decided not to proceed further. [This has happened to me before, at EMC]

For the first 15 minutes he mocked my startup venture, that had not taken off. Then he gave me a problem about locating, classifying and displaying search results for commercial products. He mocked me for the next 15 minutes about that while I explained my solution.

He ended it after that and I asked a few questions from my end to complete the call.

The interview went totally contrary to everything I had read about Google PM interviews, design, strategy, appreciation of Google products etc. I later realized that those reviews were mostly for US positions. It was also different from what the local HR recommended as preparation in her interview scheduling mail.

One recommendation I do have, start practising linear thinking, and staying within bounds, while preparing for interview. At least this PM did not seem to appreciate lateral thinking while problem solving.

I got the canned rejection letter within 10 days.

Interview Questions
    • The very last question was, "if you could be the product manager for any product in Google which would it be?"   View Answer

Adword Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google in October 2012.

1st round was an aptitude test. The results of the aptitude test were announced after about a month. The next round was a personal interview. We were told that there will be around 3 rounds of personal interview rounds after which, if selected, they will get back to us after our CV was reviewed by Google staffs globally.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Google in September 2012.

They take on-campus written and shortlist candidates from it.
    They also seek good academics for shortlisting criteria.
    There are 5 rounds of Interviews in Google . If you go through all , you have fair chances of selection.
    They call you at their office for interviews (all at their expense)

the five rounds can be in any order and every round is shortlisting round after first two interviews.

They basically check your skills in various domains like Data Structures , Algorithms, Coding , Designing, Projects you have done and much more. They start from basics and move to extreme difficult questions.
    Every round is of fixed time 45-50 minutes.
    They see your thinking process not the solutions for difficult questions. Just give your best and involve your Interviewer during solving your problem.

Interview Questions

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!