Google Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated May 26, 2015

3.6

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Google (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter at Google for the position. He got me a phone screen after a week. The interviewer asked me a simple question, that I did solve. The questions was about processing an incoming stream of data at using a given algorithm. He followed up by asking me how I would test the algorithm. I didn't get past the phone screen because I made too many mistakes while writing the code to solve the problem. I did find the errors, but the fact that I made them in the first place was a big negative.

Interview Questions

• He asked me about my current work and the challenges involved   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google (Cambridge, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

1 phone screen, 45 minutes 5 hours on-site interview also includes a free lunch in Google, accompanies by an engineer introducing company culture and office tour. quite helpful to know more on the company from non-technical perspective.

Interview Questions

• your most proud project why you want to work for Google   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Google (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via Linkedin. We planned to schedule an interview in March. The recruiter left his job but he referred me to his colleague who scheduled the interview with an engineer at Google. The initial interview was online using Hangout.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of intervals and a new intervals, return a set of new intervals that are disjoint.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I were scheduled three interviews back to back, each takes 45 mins. The interviewer were nice and inspiring. They gave advice on my code. Firstly I was asked to write code for a simple solution. After I finished, the interviewer followed up, including asked me what the corner cases are and how can I improve my solution. They are highly technical and helpful.

Interview Questions

• I will respect the NDA, all the questions are about data structures and basic algorithms.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Google (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

I initiated the process by responding to an email message from a sourcer and was handed off to a recruiting coordinator. I spoke several times with the recruiting coordinator, who was my primary contact point throughout the proces. After an intial phone screen, I was invited onsite to speak with 5 engineers (with a break for lunch mid-day). Folowing the interviews, I received a tentative "not officially an offer" congradulatory call at which point we discussed teams that would be a good match for my skill set. Once one was selected, I received a formal offer, which I had 5 business days to accept.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google (Cambridge, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

The process was pretty straight-forward. A recruiter got in touch with me and scheduled an HR round. This was followed by a technical phone screen. I was then invited on-site (Cambridge, MA) for a full day of interviews. The whole process took a little more than 10 weeks. I personally thought the on-site interviews went very well. Did everything recommended by the Google recruiting teams. But in the end (after a painful wait of more than two weeks!) I was told that they've decided not to make an offer. I wasn't given feedback on what went wrong, even though the decision-making process took forever. I was told "it is Google's policy" not to elaborate on the reasons behind the decision!!!

Interview Questions

• I would not say any of the questions were particularly difficult, but they were a bit tricky. Make sure you test your code for boundary conditions and with different inputs. And always, THINK OUT LOUD!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Google (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

They called me in for an interview, asked me a few questions and asked me to write some lines of codes for a specific function. So I did that then they asked me to design a program to carry this out, easy enough for any software engineer really, so we did that. After this they asked me a couple of questions describing different scenarios and what I would do in them.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google (Cambridge, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

I have no idea how they hire people. My only rule so far is "whatever you think the result of your interview with Google is - you are wrong". First time I though I did a lousy job - I got to the next phase. Next time I thought I did well - this turned out to be false. The questions during an on-site interview were not difficult, but really niche, requiring a very particular background.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Google (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

I interviewed in Cambridge having recently finished a PhD. Communication was effective, though sporadic — overall the process took ~4 months, though holidays and my own schedule got in the way somewhat. I had two days of interviewing, with 2 technical interviews each day and one thesis discussion. My overall impression was very positive: the interviewers were interested to see how I think, and encouraging / supportive when I hesitated or wasn't sure of how to proceed. Half of the interviewers had more of a "professional" appearance and half had more of a "hacker" appearance. Questions ranged from basic "write this recursive function" to more open-ended "start designing this type of system, even though obviously you won't finish in 45 minutes." Nobody was super picky about code style or being a Java know-it-all, but emphasis was placed on being able to write clean, clear, maintainable code.

Interview Questions

• An open-ended question about designing an interesting 2D puzzle. There was a requirement of "interestingness," which was left open to the interviewees interpretation.   Answer Question

Youtube Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google (Boston, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

I was first contacted by recruiter. And then I filled in a form via email with some basic information, also they specifically asked me my GPA. (CS major) And the an online interview. They sent me a document with all the required knowledge in computer science we have to know before taking the programming interview. We did the interview through Google document online for programming test. Lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Programming test for reversing the characters of string   Answer Question