Google Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

During all the interviews, the interviewers started with the basic background questions, but then eventually evolved into a series of "test" questions (which mostly seemed prepared in advanced). These were used to get an idea of your overall "thinking skill" - not specific to the job. They were stories that required reasoning and not jumping to the first answer that comes to mind. Overall, they appear to test you general logical reasoning skills/intelligence.
The interviewers also typed all of my answers as I spoke. I suppose this is to record my responses in a database so that if I ever apply for a job again at Google, the new interviewers can see my prior responses.

Interview Questions

• If someone came to you and asked you to rebuild the Golden Gate bridge, how would you go about it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Business Analyst () Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

Interview

I applied to the Sales & Account Management Department for a business analyst position. I do not have a business background, but my main disadvantage was that I was not aware enough of google Adwords. Even though I knew more than the basics, they really required excellence on the product, which I didn't have. The interviewers were super cool and alll of them had great backgrounds.

Interview Questions

• Adwords related questions and the typical market size questions (e.g. tell me how many bicycles your city has)   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview first, Case study and fit questions. Was then invited to in person interviews with an analyst and the head of the team. Both case studies and fit questions (Why Google, why are you leaving your current job). The cases were all actual problems that happenned in Google

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Google (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied for the position through the google jobs website. A few days later I got an email from a recruiter asking if I was available for a phone interview. I arranged one for the following week.

In between I was in contact with the recruiter over email. She gave me a few topics to know well for the interview as well as some competencies (where I failed, how I have shown leadership, etc.)

So the interview day came along. I was initially supposed to have an interview with one staff member but at the last minute, it was swapped to a different one. They only mailed me about it an hour before the interview. So luckily, I saw the mail in time.

The interview went differently to what I was told to expect. All the topics I had covered and was told to expect didn't come up. Some competency questions came up about my previous experiences with failing, leadership, difficult employees. Then they asked about my SQL and statistics experience which I had a feeling would come up but wasn't sure what topics. Then the big one came along... The cognitive interview question that Google is famous for.

I got a bit flustered as I didn't think this would come up as they seem to have done away with them. They really dissect everything you say for this question so practice the ones available online

All in all, it was a tough enough phone interview. My main grievance was that I was told to know the product inside out but they never asked a single thing about it which annoyed me as I spend so much time researching it and learning about it.

Overall, neutral experience. Got an email a day later to say I didn't get it. Recruiter was lovely. Really nice. Interviewer, not so good.

Interview Questions

• How many houses in the US have blue doors   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Google (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in December 2013.

Interview

Contacted via e-mail after having applied to another position 3-4 months prior.
    First interview with a junior on a similar position. Comfortable, informal atmosphere where we talked about the position, my previous experience and discussing market and industry trends.
    Second interview with a senior Googler, focusing more on the "Googliness" and general fit with the company.
    A good experience prior to and during the interview. However, poor follow-up where I did not hear back from them after the interview. I had to contact HR myself only to be told the employees in charge would contact me, which never happened... Did not receive any feedback on the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did an incorrect analysis?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Google.

Interview

Interview with Human Resources and then with managers

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google (London, England (UK)).

Interview

very very difficult and full use of technology

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google (Hyderābād (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

Initial screening was basic...Tests your thinking & understanding

Interview Questions

• If you are setting up a new e-commerce business, what are the things you would look at.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google in July 2011.

Interview

The overall interview process was positive. I had an 2 initial phone interviews and then they flew me out to the HQ in Mountain View, CA. There were a few complications with scheduling once I was onsite. Onsite interviews consisted of three team members. The first and Last was pleasant but the middle interviewer was not so nice. A lot of behavioral questions and case questions. Def do research about the company, interview process, and position. The best way to obtain an interview is by getting an employee referral...best of luck!

Interview Questions

• name a google product you use and what would u change about it? how to improve it?   Answer Question
    • describe Ad words in three sentences to a child..   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in May 2011.

Interview

There were a number of brain teasers. Google has been known to be tough for their interviews. Even for a business analyst position they have some tough teasers.

Interview Questions

• How do you make 4 gallons from a 3 and 5 gallon jug?   5 Answers