Google

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was offered an intial phone screen by human resources and held a telephone interview that lasted ~20 minutes. Essentially, the HR rep wanted to know my SAT, GPA, and GRE scores. After providing this information, I was passed onto a Google manager within another department for a 1st round interview in person. Interview was difficult because the woman that interviewed me was an engineer and didn't have interpersonal skills. Basically, they wanted to know how well I did on tests and other academic measures that I felt were unimportant for a job in business development. I recieved an offer after my colleges provided my test scores and transcripts.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you didn't work well with a supervisor. What was the outcome and how would you have changed the outcome?   Answer Question
  • How intelligent are you? Prove it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I recieved a better offer with another company.

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Google in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was amazed how professional, smiling and interested the recruiter was. She called me absolutely on time and in 30 minutes we had a great chat. It was more of talking to a friend, meanwhile she asked me precise questions in order to get to know my background. Great experience. A pity I didn't get the job, but it was nevertheless a very first glimpse to that awesome company.

Irvine, CA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Google in February 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was detailed and required a case study. They didn't tell you that much about the company they just expected to know what you would be doing.

Interview Questions

• What new markets should Google enter and what would your go to market strategy be   Answer Question
  • Why do you think you would fit with the culture here   Answer Question

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details – Direct approach through e-mail. Total compensation informed right form the start.

Interview Question – Choose a product you like form Google. How would you improve it?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – the hiring process was ok with onsite folks interviewing and ensuring the person is technically capable.

Interview Question – find the lowest floor in the least number of attempts with 2 eggs from where the egg will break   View Answers (2)

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Google in February 2010.

Interview Details – An aptitude test, followed by a round of interviews with separate interviewers. 1st round - general interview, 2nd round - Knowledge test, 3rd round - IQ test. The interviewer's were nice though the selection criteria could be adapted for the better.

Interview Question – If 6 balls are given and you don't know the weight. how will you balance them equally in 5 moves?   Answer Question

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!