Google Interview Questions in China

Updated Jul 1, 2015

3.4

Content Editing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Google.

Interview

This interview was tough, unlike my Microsoft interviews, I only got through 1 question per interviewer. The exception was one interview where I got through 2. When they say it's all about your thought process and not the answer, they really mean it. During one interview we walked through the process of solving the question together, then the last 5 minutes I programmed the solution. I actually thought it was over but a few days later, the recruiter submitted a package to the hiring committee to hire me.I really enjoyed the interview, if you get the chance to interview study graph theory.

Interview Questions

• Not much hard but they expected answers they expected.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google (Beijing, Beijing (China)).

Interview

I interviewed in China. The interview was really pleasant. The questions were not too hard. But I have to say, the office in Beijing is really small, sometimes even without windows, giving out most of the pressure to interviewees. To be fair, the questions were not hard. All of them were basic ones. Just have be prepared to write some code. It was not hard at all.

Interview Questions

• They would pressure you to make sure that all corner cases were considered. And furthermore, they even picked about uppercase keywords and stuff...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Actually I'm still negotiating...

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got referenced and conducted 2 round phone interviews. Then get an onsite view for 4 rounds. People there are very nice and the work environment is pretty impressive. The entire interview process is very good. The interviewer always ask about how to improve and how to estimate the complexity of the algorithm.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Google (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied google without reference from other. I'm a student and complete the online judge which is hold on the code jam platform. I rank in the top 100 in the online judge. Then, I get the opportunity of phone interview. In the phone interview, a people ask me some questions about my resume only 5 minutes and then give me a question. I solved this question and 15 minutes left. However, he didn't ask me another question and just ask me to ask him question. Finally, I fail this phone interview.

Interview Questions

• A array : 1 3 0 2 4 9
      input: dest-node: A0
      output: all the source nodes: (A1, A3, A4)

Each element in this array means the steps it can take. Each element can go left or right. So A[1] and A[4] can reach A[0]. A[1] can reach A[4], A[4] can reach A[0], so A[1] can reach A[0].

Output the index of element which can reach A[0].

3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google in September 2014.

Interview

I got a friend to do the referal, and got the on-site interviews two weeks later.
    The interviewers are professional and the questions are interesting.
    Two interviewers are from Beijing ,two from USA. They were really nice and I got my feedback a week later.
    I was sent to Hiring commitee, but got refused by them. The first interviewer ask about my background, but the others didn't. Third person gave a design problem for me.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in August 2014.

Interview

First of all is Phone Interview, and then 4 Onsite Interviews (Not very difficult but interesting). Next is Hiring Committee Review (it is the most important), and finally Offer Review

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Java and Python?   1 Answer

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Google.

Interview

The first interview is HR. Just some ordinary questions. I am still waiting for the onsite interview. Will post here once I get response for this position. I guess there will be a line manger interview me and then same position colleagues. But not sure the community review.

Interview

A recruiter contact me, and she schedule two phone interviews in weeks later. It tooks me more than a week for the interview response. First interview is scheduled on 10:45, and the second interview is scheduled on 11:45. The first interviewer is an American girl, she just asked me some easy algorithms questions. About 30 minutes we run out of those problems, then we just talk about some projects on my resume. The second interviewer is late for the interview. She was from HongKong, and brought some more open mind problems.

Interview Questions

• There is a NDA, so I can say nothing about the question. I would strongly recommend to prepare well in recursion problems.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Google.

Interview

I applied online and was then contacted by recruiter for two technical phone interviews. The questions asked were relatively easy since it was the program for sophomores, but I was too nervous so I didn't get into the program.
    The questions are for string manipulations and I think some technical interview preparation book would help.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

phone interview, and i failed

Interview Questions

• a problem that can be solved by greedy algorithm,
      two bit strings, we have two operation, one changes prefix m*k*i bits to 0s or 1s, the other changes any substrings whose lengths are k bits to be 0s or 1s. Minimize the operation times.

1 Answer