Google Interview Questions in China

Updated Oct 16, 2014

3.5

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google in August 2014.

First of all is Phone Interview, and then 4 Onsite Interviews (Not very difficult but interesting). Next is Hiring Committee Review (it is the most important), and finally Offer Review

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between Java and Python?   View Answer

Account Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Google.

The first interview is HR. Just some ordinary questions. I am still waiting for the onsite interview. Will post here once I get response for this position. I guess there will be a line manger interview me and then same position colleagues. But not sure the community review.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

A recruiter contact me, and she schedule two phone interviews in weeks later. It tooks me more than a week for the interview response. First interview is scheduled on 10:45, and the second interview is scheduled on 11:45. The first interviewer is an American girl, she just asked me some easy algorithms questions. About 30 minutes we run out of those problems, then we just talk about some projects on my resume. The second interviewer is late for the interview. She was from HongKong, and brought some more open mind problems.

Interview Questions
    • There is a NDA, so I can say nothing about the question. I would strongly recommend to prepare well in recursion problems.   Answer Question

Google Engineering Practicum Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Google.

I applied online and was then contacted by recruiter for two technical phone interviews. The questions asked were relatively easy since it was the program for sophomores, but I was too nervous so I didn't get into the program.
    The questions are for string manipulations and I think some technical interview preparation book would help.

Software Engineer Interview

phone interview, and i failed

Interview Questions
    • a problem that can be solved by greedy algorithm,
      two bit strings, we have two operation, one changes prefix m*k*i bits to 0s or 1s, the other changes any substrings whose lengths are k bits to be 0s or 1s. Minimize the operation times.
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Google in January 2014.

the first interview is very simple and the question is straight. Then the second is much difficult but no coding.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google in October 2013.

This is the best interview I have ever met.
    The recruiter is very nice. We began the initial communications in September 2013. And he soon made a telephone interview for me. After that I got the onsite interview. The 1st and 2nd round were on the same day.
    Both of the interviewers came from US. The first one is Chinese, and the second is American, as this round included an English language test.
    The 3rd round interview was after about two weeks.
    After that was the HC review and offer review. Because I did't prepare the English Transcript at that time, it took about three weeks until the offer came to me.

Interview Questions
    • Something on optimizong a DFS program using parallel computing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google in October 2013.

I was referred by a friend, the recruiter contact me in one week, then scheduled an onsite interview soon. The questions are not very difficult, basically around tree, graph, dp etc. but as I was under prepared, I lost the chance :(

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Google in September 2013.

My intern conversion interview, two rounds.
    First Round: talk my intern project about 5 minutes. Then a hard algorithm problem. Cost all the rest time.
    Second Round: Since the hard problem has already been asked, the interview is much more casual. Only a simple program problem and the most time are talking my project and the interviewer's work.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Google.

A four round onsite interview in China. Mostly are algorithm question except the last round. The last round had only one question(Impl a LRU cache, you can google it, it seems that is a recycled question)

Interview Questions
    • The algorithm question contain DP, data structure, BFS. It is not hard. But I haven't make any prepareation so I had a bad performance in the last round. That is the reason I think why I didn't get an offer.   Answer Question