Google

Very Difficult Interview

Customer Operations Manager Interview

Customer Operations Manager
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Google in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter who did a standard phone screen. I didn't think I did that well and never expected to hear back. About a week later I got an email to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. That phone interview took place about a week later. I felt like that interview went very well and within an hour of the phone interview they invited me out to Mountain View for the in person interviews.

The in person interviews were difficult. They really pick apart your resume so you better be able to speak to everything. It was a long, 5 hour day. Lunch with the hiring manager was nice and gave me the chance to ask questions. after lunch it was back to the interviews. The in person interviews were difficult because they are typing on their laptops the whole time taking notes. There is no eye contact so its hard to know how its going.

The next day, I got a call from the recruiter saying she got good feedback and was going to call my references the following week. A week went by and no one called my references, but, the recruiter called and said they wanted one more phone screen. I did that phone interview and again felt it went well. I got a call the next day saying I was selected to move forward. After that, lots of waiting and back and forth clarifying employment gaps, job changes, etc on my resume. This went on for a good week, still no call to my references.

I got a call saying they wanted to "move forward" with me and that it was ultimately up to the executive committee and that they would be calling my references. They FINALLY called my references and I guess it all went well. After another week, I got an offer.

Interview Question – nothing too difficult, just make sure you can speak to your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just lots of waiting.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Google

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google Customer Operations Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Google employees and interview candidates.