Google

3.4

142 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

interviewed at Google in November 2013.

Initialy applied for a vacancy through the website, but nobody contacted me. So I decided to find someone from Google team. It took me some time to find a Googler, who recommended me to a recruiter.

Next day I received a mail from a recruiter, that they will attentively examine my resume. 2 days after recruiter contacted me once again and in very polite form expressed, that I do not match this vacancy, but maybe they will find another one for me.

SMB Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Google in November 2013.

The interview with the recruiter was very pleasant and professionally organized. Not too many difficult questions more about competence-based questions. The next round's interview was much more stiff and uptight; included also competence based behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • I am your client. Explain me the pros and potential of mobile ads.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in October 2013.

I was contatacted by one of the recruiters there. Since Google wanted to fill the vacancy as fast as possible, the whole interview process was extreamly fast.
    During its 3 rounds, I have felt that they are really interested in their potential candidates.
    The first round of phone interview was much rather a friendly discussion than an actual interview. They wanted to check if there's a fit between me and the organisation.
    For the second round I needed to have a mock sales pitch, but they provided me with all the requred information and material so I had time for all the preparations.
    The last, on-site round was far the most interesting and tiring one. I had interviews with the team members of the division, all asking professional and cultural questions. Mostly, they were interested in my business history and all the most relevan cases that I've faced/proud of/biggest mistakes. There was a special focus on team-work and team dynamics.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I am really aware that this would mean I am on the phone most of the time.   View Answer

Product Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Google.

Was contacted by google recruiter via linkedin and send my CV.
    After 2 weeks i was invited to a telefone interview. It lasted about 15 min.
    Very friendly recruiter but a little hard to understand on the phone.
    Questions:
    What do you think this postion includes?
    What kind of spam do you think you will find?
    How could you identify spam?
    -> mostly questions about the role at google, not so much about me or my background.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Google in September 2013.

Applied trough the website, got a call later in the week for scheduling an initial interview by phone. The interview contained general questions like Do you prefer individual work or teamwork? And why? The interview took approximately 25 minutes. After that I was scheduled for another phone interview with one of the team lead for the position I was applying for. This interview was focused more on technical aspects of the role and involved a few case studies to be solved on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react if you by the end of the period have not reached your KPIs?   Answer Question

Engineering Manager/Director, Site Reliability Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Google in September 2013.

Back in 2007 I was approached to interview at Google and went through about 20 phone interviews and was flown quarter of the way around the planet for a day of interviews, but in the end there was no offer.

In early 2012 they contacted me again, but my wife had just been diagnosed with breast cancer so I told them no.

In July 2013 I was contacted again as "you've previously interviewed" and would I like to attend an "SRE Classroom" event in Dublin.

I said yes, at which point they pulled a "bait and switch" and I got passed over to a recruiter who would arrange a phone interview to check my technical skills - in this case it was "Java Coding", which had not been previously assessed because I only started learning Java in 2010.

Unfortunately I was unable to do the interview as I was travelling and the hotel internet failed just when I needed it most. It was rescheduled for a couple of weeks later when I was back home.

Even more unfortunately, after I passed the coding interview there was only about 4 days to arrange travel halfway around the world, so I didn't make it to the "SRE Classroom" event after all. Later in the month I was travelling to Prague anyway though, so I extended that trip to Europe and allowed Google to fly me to Dublin from Prague for a day of interviews.

Then the day of interviews:
     1x Project management (Focused on a scenario)
     1x Troubleshooting and Problem Solving
     1x Practical Coding in (Java)
     1x Lunch with a Google SRE Engineer
     1x Non Abstract Large System Design
     1x Leadership and Past Work Experience

I also mentioned to the recruiter that I had a very good friend who worked for Google, previously in Dublin and now in New York. The recruiter asked me to get my friend to chime in with his opinions on the process - it turns out his recommendation was probably the clincher.

I returned home and a few weeks later the process proceeded to the hiring committee. They declared one of the interviews a write-off, and that there would need to be a repeat (Large Systems Design) which occurred over the telephone. I think I nailed it that time, and the hiring committee approved things.

I then needed to provide a bunch of information, including anticipated availability, expected salary, current remuneration, references from two people who had managed me previously, ...

A week later they made an offer.

Interview Questions
    I was required to set an expectation before they made an offer, and also to describe my current income in detail. When the offer came it was higher than my expectation, but I did further negotiate some aspects of health care to ensure we would be covered to 100% the equivalent of a government run health system.

Search Quality Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google in August 2013.

Several phone calls with business cases and technical questions related to search and webspam. Tested the knowledge of SEO techniques

Interview Questions
    • Business case on total adwords revenue of Google for given country   View Answer
    No negotiation

Youtube Specialist - Portuguese Language Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Google in July 2013.

I had 4 interviews 1, by phone, 2 personal and 1 by hungout to US... all the 4 interviews they were asking exactly the same things about my previous experience, and my main results. I felt they could have explored more other situations... or make each interviewer mind about different points.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to me about location if they created any new product that is available in english how people of other languages would deal with that.   Answer Question

Product Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google.

I sent my cv through their website and I got contacted from one recruiter after a week.. she helped me all over the process giving me tips on the following interviews. I got an interview with a memebr of the team of the position and one interview with a manager; both via telephone. After this I got rejected, should I have been succesful I would have had other 3 interviews on site.

Interview Questions
    • How much do you think GMail costs to Google?   View Answer

Technical Product Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Google in June 2013.

I was asked about my former job as a freelance in the i.t. support, my graduation mark at the university and professional experience in the field of phone support.
    On the technical side, I was asked for what I knew about the AdWords programme.

Interview Questions
    • Tell what you know about the AdWords programme. (not that difficult)   Answer Question