Google

Google Engineer Interview Questions

3.5

53 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Google in March 2009.

very positive. Programming and brain teasers questions.

very smooth and pleasant

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Google in September 2008.

very few steps with a lot of waiting in between. the interviews were fairly rigorous, and the interviewers very smart, but the focus is very much on academics, and it's very easy to fall between the cracks and be forgotten. call every week and it will still be months between steps.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Google in September 2008.

I got a call to schedule a initial phone interview. It was scheduled in a week, but the questions they asked me was somewhat unanswerable under my knowledge. So I failed.
    I want them to go little easy on the interview and try to get to know the candidate a bit more than just asking the whole bunch of difficult questions. I don't like that!!!

Interview Questions
    • Given a time-ordered log of user visits to web pages find the most common 3-page sequence   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Google in August 2008.

The interviewers were extremely bright and talented engineers. It was fun working out technical questions with them and their level of questions gave me some insight into their technical aptitude.

Minimum negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Google in January 2008.

It was just HR calling and normal interview
    questions such as

"tic-tac-toe or paper-rock-scissor, which is a better game" and of course "have you played any Zynga games and what are your favorites". Some follow-up questions include "what metrics are important to measure success of a social game?"

Engineer Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Google in January 2007.

Referral by former coworker led to contact by Google Recruiter.
    Telephone interview (45 mins) with recruiter.
    Telephone interview (90 Mins) with member of hiring group.
    in person, 1:1 interviews with hiring group, 5 interviews, 45mins each over two separate dates

Interview Questions
    • One fellow asked very specific questions about exact syntax of bash commands and keywords.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Google in January 2007.

Google contacted me, they had my resume from an old interview many years ago.
    After a few email exchanges about available positions, a phone screen was arranged.
    During the phone screen they asked technical questions to gauge my skills.
     It looks like I did well because after that I was invited for an on-site interview.
    If I remember correctly, first I was interviewed by 2-3 people (like a panel interview)
    and one of them was dialing in from a different location. They asked mostly general and
    architecture questions. After that I had two one on one interviews. The first one was with
    a software engineer who was very polite and asked me about general programming stuff.
    The second one was with a network / sysadmin but he was rather rude, and flatly refused
    to answer any of my questions during the course of the interview. It was like, I had to answer
    questions only, and not ask anything. I felt very uncomfortable and disappointed.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google.

The HR rep was very professional and responsive to all of my requests. The interview process was very well done. The questions they asked were very tricky and challenging but all relevant the the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions
    • I signed an NDA not to disclose interview questions -but they were very standard and inline with questions you would expect from these large tech companies.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Google in February 2012.

I had many interviews and I felt that I answered everything very well but no offer.

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Google in February 2012.

interview was for the post of soft engineer in ggogle.company seeks students from IITs with cpi greater than 8.added to it ,it also expect the employee who is coming after selection of the interview is multi talented,thinker,sporty and intellegent.

Interview Questions
    Garima purthi was asking for a salary of min. 20 lakhs,but we were able to negotiate at 12 lakhs.