Google

Average Difficulty
53 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hyderābād (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Google in October 2011.

Interview Details – i feel difficult to face the interview in Google

Interview Questions

Engineering

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Google in December 2011.

Interview Details – I was given two phone interviews (both were technical in nature). I thought the first one went only okay, since the interviewer had a lot of questions and asked me to explain everything that I said. However, the recruiter said that I moved on to the next phone interview, which went well. The recruiter then scheduled an on-site interview which took place over one day.

Interview Question – Write a function to determine if a string (consisting only of parenthesis) is balanced.   View Answer

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Google in November 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty average but far too much delay to be taken serious.

Interview Question – Questions about Network: Subnet, linux command for networking, windows command for networking, OS X commands for networking ( for example ifconfig, route, tracert etc...)   View Answer

Engineering

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Google in April 2011.

Interview Details – Overall a fairly strenuous interview process - likely because you know you're interviewing at Google. Preparation for the initial phone interview is key to making it onsite. The onsite interview lasted all day and interviewed with 5 different people. Each asked similar questions but each also had their own unique questions depending on their role. The key is preparing well, confident with your answers but not rehearsed. And don't wear a suit - you'd be really out of place. I wore a shirt, slacks, and tie and that was plenty. The interviews went very well. I was narrowed to the final 5 people and I didn't get selected.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answers (2)

Very Easy Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Google in June 2011.

Interview Details – I received phone from Google's HQ. He mentioned that he found my resume in google's recruitment system and would like to offer some positions. He mentioned some positions such as SRE, Software Engineering, Linux Sysadmin, etc in US, Europe, and Australia. Due to my current restriction I asked him if these positions available in Tokyo office?. He can not answer and he will discuss and search with his colleagues. He will contact me again.

Interview Question – what's your current position/job?   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google in April 2011.

Interview Details – After the recruiter contact, two phone interviews follow. The questions asked are really very basic and not appropriate for the job level (seems they have a fixed set of Qs for all levels). Then the questions get into details of packets and other tiny details. Looking for you to memorise details. Very funny but I was no impressed.

Interview Question – Detailed packed trace and what does the final host send in terms of ICMP message.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google in February 2010.

Interview Details – Got the job through college career website. There were two back to back interviews. The general format of the interview was that we were given a data structure based question. You had to suggest mukltiple solutions and finally state the most efficient solution of the set of answers. Ultimately the algorithm needed to be coded up. You could choose any programming language of preference.

Interview Question – data structure and coding   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Google in June 2010.

Interview Details – interview process (overall) was great, but some engineers made some picky and meaningless questions. hiring process takes a long time, I spent 2 months and they told me that I was on halfway. They are very interested on your GPA by asking and also requesting to send transcript and certificates.

Interview Question – Tell me everything you know about TCP/IP ? Ports ? Protocols ?   View Answer

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Google in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process is very long, from the time a recruiter contacts you to when you actually get a response with or without a job offer.

Hangzhou, Zhejiang (China)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Google in January 2010.

Interview Details – After some routine project background check, interviewer asked a question to find the occurance of a given number in a sorted array:
int getCount(int[] arr, int num)
He was expecting O(logN) in worst case (the example he gave were: new int[] { 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,}, 2, new int[] { 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,}, 2, new int[] { 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,}, 2, new int[] { 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,}, 2, new int[] { 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,}, 2, new int[] { 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,}, 2, new int[] { 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,}, 2, new int[] { 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,}, 2, new int[] { 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,}, 2, new int[] { 1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,3}, 2, and new int[] {1,2,2,3,4,5,6,6,7,8,8,10}, 9
I didn't do well during the phone interview.
Interviewer was very professional though.

Interview Question – how would you code the Fibonacci numbers in javascript   Answer Question