Google

Google Engineering Interview Questions

3.5

53 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

The entire process was the best interview I've ever had. I love the brain teasers. I think they are a great way to tell if a person is a quality engineer. I also think they are a great way to tell if a person works well in a team and can build scalable software.

Interview Questions
  • If you were a platypus stuck in a dumpster and your feet were made out of butter, how would escape?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google.

The HR rep was very professional and responsive to all of my requests. The interview process was very well done. The questions they asked were very tricky and challenging but all relevant the the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions
    • I signed an NDA not to disclose interview questions -but they were very standard and inline with questions you would expect from these large tech companies.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Google in February 2012.

interview was for the post of soft engineer in ggogle.company seeks students from IITs with cpi greater than 8.added to it ,it also expect the employee who is coming after selection of the interview is multi talented,thinker,sporty and intellegent.

Interview Questions
    Garima purthi was asking for a salary of min. 20 lakhs,but we were able to negotiate at 12 lakhs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Google in August 2008.

The interviewers were extremely bright and talented engineers. It was fun working out technical questions with them and their level of questions gave me some insight into their technical aptitude.

Minimum negotiation

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Google in February 2012.

I had many interviews and I felt that I answered everything very well but no offer.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Google in October 2011.

i feel difficult to face the interview in Google

Engineering Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google in December 2011.

I was given two phone interviews (both were technical in nature). I thought the first one went only okay, since the interviewer had a lot of questions and asked me to explain everything that I said. However, the recruiter said that I moved on to the next phone interview, which went well. The recruiter then scheduled an on-site interview which took place over one day.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function to determine if a string (consisting only of parenthesis) is balanced.   View Answer

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google in November 2011.

Pretty average but far too much delay to be taken serious.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about Network: Subnet, linux command for networking, windows command for networking, OS X commands for networking ( for example ifconfig, route, tracert etc...)   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in April 2010.

After recruiter's phone call with general organizational questions, I had short technical phone interview.
    Interviewer was late for 10 minutes, thus we talked only 30-35 min. For this time he was able to ask me not very much: some of my previous experience, most difficult bug I've faced recently, and one technical question with coding in shared doc. After that he let me to ask him something about google. He answered one question and finished interview, so I had no change to fund out everything I planned. Also I had a feeling, the guy was not interested to be there, coz he was not leading me through resolution process and talked very little. Also his communication skills could be better - I hardly understood his questions in Indian English and asked to repeat several times. Google should sent better skilled and more open English speakers to interview, IMHO.
    I successfully resolved technical coding question in two different ways (time and memory efficient) with commenting my resolution thoughts, but have got negative response from recruiter in 1 week.

Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Google in April 2011.

Overall a fairly strenuous interview process - likely because you know you're interviewing at Google. Preparation for the initial phone interview is key to making it onsite. The onsite interview lasted all day and interviewed with 5 different people. Each asked similar questions but each also had their own unique questions depending on their role. The key is preparing well, confident with your answers but not rehearsed. And don't wear a suit - you'd be really out of place. I wore a shirt, slacks, and tie and that was plenty. The interviews went very well. I was narrowed to the final 5 people and I didn't get selected.