Google Engineering Interview Questions

3.5

53 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Google in October 2011.

i feel difficult to face the interview in Google

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Engineering Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Google in December 2011.

I was given two phone interviews (both were technical in nature). I thought the first one went only okay, since the interviewer had a lot of questions and asked me to explain everything that I said. However, the recruiter said that I moved on to the next phone interview, which went well. The recruiter then scheduled an on-site interview which took place over one day.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function to determine if a string (consisting only of parenthesis) is balanced.   View Answer

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Google in November 2011.

Pretty average but far too much delay to be taken serious.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about Network: Subnet, linux command for networking, windows command for networking, OS X commands for networking ( for example ifconfig, route, tracert etc...)   View Answer

Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Google in April 2011.

Overall a fairly strenuous interview process - likely because you know you're interviewing at Google. Preparation for the initial phone interview is key to making it onsite. The onsite interview lasted all day and interviewed with 5 different people. Each asked similar questions but each also had their own unique questions depending on their role. The key is preparing well, confident with your answers but not rehearsed. And don't wear a suit - you'd be really out of place. I wore a shirt, slacks, and tie and that was plenty. The interviews went very well. I was narrowed to the final 5 people and I didn't get selected.

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Google in June 2011.

I received phone from Google's HQ. He mentioned that he found my resume in google's recruitment system and would like to offer some positions. He mentioned some positions such as SRE, Software Engineering, Linux Sysadmin, etc in US, Europe, and Australia. Due to my current restriction I asked him if these positions available in Tokyo office?. He can not answer and he will discuss and search with his colleagues. He will contact me again.

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google in April 2011.

After the recruiter contact, two phone interviews follow. The questions asked are really very basic and not appropriate for the job level (seems they have a fixed set of Qs for all levels). Then the questions get into details of packets and other tiny details. Looking for you to memorise details. Very funny but I was no impressed.

Interview Questions
    • Detailed packed trace and what does the final host send in terms of ICMP message.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google in February 2010.

Got the job through college career website. There were two back to back interviews. The general format of the interview was that we were given a data structure based question. You had to suggest mukltiple solutions and finally state the most efficient solution of the set of answers. Ultimately the algorithm needed to be coded up. You could choose any programming language of preference.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Google in June 2010.

interview process (overall) was great, but some engineers made some picky and meaningless questions. hiring process takes a long time, I spent 2 months and they told me that I was on halfway. They are very interested on your GPA by asking and also requesting to send transcript and certificates.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me everything you know about TCP/IP ? Ports ? Protocols ?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Google in August 2010.

The interview process is very long, from the time a recruiter contacts you to when you actually get a response with or without a job offer.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hangzhou, Zhejiang (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hangzhou, Zhejiang (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Google in January 2010.

After some routine project background check, interviewer asked a question to find the occurance of a given number in a sorted array:
    int getCount(int[] arr, int num)
    He was expecting O(logN) in worst case (the example he gave were: new int[] { 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,}, 2, new int[] { 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,}, 2, new int[] { 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,}, 2, new int[] { 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,}, 2, new int[] { 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,}, 2, new int[] { 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,}, 2, new int[] { 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,}, 2, new int[] { 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,}, 2, new int[] { 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,}, 2, new int[] { 1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,3}, 2, and new int[] {1,2,2,3,4,5,6,6,7,8,8,10}, 9
    I didn't do well during the phone interview.
    Interviewer was very professional though.

Interview Questions
    • how would you code the Fibonacci numbers in javascript   Answer Question