Google

Relevance Date Difficulty

Front End Developer Interview

Front End Developer
Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google in November 2013.

Interview Details – One Google recruiter contacted me, and we did an quick talk about my background, interest and their requirement. Then the recruiter contacted me to ask reference from anyone who may know me and is working in Google. After a week, I did an phone interview with an engineer. The phone interview is very easy, and it took about 45 minutes to solve a programming challenge and answer some questions. Two weeks after the phone interview, I did an onsite interview. The onsite interview includes 5 rounds with 6 engineers and one lunch with another engineers.

Interview Question – Design a webpage which can auto post new posts when you reach the bottom of the page by using javascript. So you may use AJAX and some javascript event listeners. But, they do not require you remember the functions names, it will be great as long as you can describe your thought and design.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Front End Development Interview

Front End Development
London, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Google in October 2010.

Interview Details – Good communication, interesting techniques used that makes you think more about your skills. The process involved 5 interviews in an afternoon which was intense but saves messing with second interviews or getting the wrong person.

The interviews included general chats, non job related puzzles, on demand coding and a prior submitted coding project.

Interview Question – Write how you would code a web page using a white board and explain what you are doing over a video phone.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Google

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google Front End Development interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Google employees and interview candidates.