Google

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google in November 2009.

Interview Details – Contacted by email that I had been selected for an interview. I had to reply with a list of references, unofficial transcript, and times that would be best for me. Interviewed with 2 people for 30 minutes each. Both interviewers were very nice. Probed for answers. A few behavioral questions. One question about if you could have any job you wanted, what would it be and what Google products would you use to make yourself successful. Another question about how you would explain Google to a 5-yr-old.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe Google to a 5-yr-old?   Answer Question
  • If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be and what Google products would you use to make yourself successful?   Answer Question

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google in November 2009.

Interview Details – I had a total of four interviews: one phone screen and three on site interviews. The phone screen was straightforward and largely behavioral. The position was for a non-technical OSO/People Ops position for a new grad. I was invited to interview on campus via an e-mail the next day, and I was flown out a week later to the Mountain View campus. I went through three interviews in a row with managers in my prospective departments. The interviewers were friendly, informative, and very enthusiastic. I enjoyed the process and felt that it was far less confrontational than the hiring processes at similar companies.

Interview Questions

Google Start Program

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Google in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was emailed about scheduling a phone interview on a Tuesday. That Friday I had my interview. I was very nervous. They first asked me about my resume and if I had to highlight anything on it what would it be. From there they went on to ask harder questions.

Interview Question – If you were to estimate how many concert tickets are sold in the US in 1 year how would you go about it?   Answer Question

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!