Google Human Resources Manager Interview Questions

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountain View, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Google in June 2009.

Recruiter asked several questions related to job. These ranged from very basic to take 10 seconds to really think about a thought provoking question. Thier focus seemed to be someone who spoke organizational development and not someone who was a generalist (which is what the job descriptions was written as). While the interview seemed fine, the last question at that time was what was your college GPA... that was 15 years ago for me. I'm sure it's not at the level they wanedt to hear, but when I couldn't answer the question with an exact number, the recruiter switched to get of the phone mode. They might as well asked me what my high school locker combination was- it's about as relavent a question related to how I do my job 15+ years out of school.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your overall OD experience? Site specific examples of how you implemented new processes and convinced senior leadership to back them.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Google in August 2010.

Horrible process, was told numerous times they were proceeding but then they didn't call for a month then booked another face to face and then told it was going forward again and no contact for a month. Finally I sent a note saying I assume this is not going forward and 2 weeks later they responded saying it wasn't but they would like to stay in contact. No thanks.

Interview Questions
    • How would you adjust our recruiting process?   View Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Google.

I had a friend submit my resume for a position. I then had three separate phone interviews, that focused on basic background, skill set, education, and leadership experience. I then was called to interview at the Mountain View campus and I met with a recruiter and then the hiring manger. The hiring manager was taking real-time notes during the interview and recording them on a computer, which made the interview rather awkward.

Interview Questions
    • What would you consider the biggest challenge our HR function would have here at Google?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Google in March 2012.

The person just asked me to talk about my previous experiences, explained the job position and asked me:
    * How many registered cars there are in the city I live?Explain how did you get that value.
    * How would I do the prioritization in my work?

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Google in January 2010.

After submitting my application online, I was directed to a questionaire, which I responded filled in online. After five weeks, I was interviewed by phone and told I would be brought in for a face-to-face. But then I was told I needed to have another phone interview. The person who conducted this was way my junior, and, for some reason, decided not to recommend me for the face-to-face.

Interview Questions
    • What was a challenging search assignment you conducted, and the result?   View Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google in March 2010.

Many of the interviewers were not at all prepared for the meeting. A few had not even glanced at my resume prior to the interview. The interviewers gave me feedback that I was very "googly" but one person (out of the 10 who interviewed me) felt the interview did not go well so I was not offered the role.

Interview Questions

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!