Google Interview Questions in Hyderābād

3.5

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

DBM Trafficker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Google.

It was one round of interview where basic introduction, and other basic technical questions related to online advertising were asked.
    It was easy though i did not get selected as it was my first interview and i was feeling very nervous.

Interview Questions
    • What is advertiser and publisher?
      mention some online advertising products?
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

There's an initial screening, after which there are a couple of phone interviews. After that there are 3 On site interviews. The questions are mostly based on the google products. So, if you have a good understanding of all the products then you stand a good chance. Also, the interviewers look for creative and out of the box thinking.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a problem you faced and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

AdWords Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

very lengthy and sometimes they can forget to keep you in loop. Its also probably because it is so sought after. However, the number of interviews give you the feeling that they ensure they are right about who they hire.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

I went through a recruitment consultant where in I had to take an aptitude test. You are shortlisted for the interview if you clear the test. It's then that you have to go through the interview process at Google. I had 3 rounds of interviews on different days. Usually you are asked the same question in different ways. The key is to stick to your answer each time you are asked the same question and not change the answers with every interviewer. It took around a month for me to get a confirmation about my selection. You are asked briefly about the job you are applying for (some basic knowledge about the company and its products), some situational questions and how would you handle them.

It's great working here. It's a very laid back atmosphere. The company believes that if you look after the employees well, they will look after the company!. Great perks great place to work :)

Interview Questions
    • What they would like to see is if you can think out-of-the-box. Come up with your own ideas and contribute in a great way to the company.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate as I was eager to get the job. I wasn't to happy with the HR process though as it was a little unclear. But the best part is the perks and the bonus that you get once you accept the offer. So no regrets.

Product Quality Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Google in November 2013.

Campus hiring..smooth process.
    Interviewed at Google office.
    Relaxing atmosphere. HR tries the best to make you comfortable.
    4-5 rounds each round is elimination
    Interviewer briefs you about the role/responsibility, interview process and company brief.
    Questions were mix of behavioral and technical design skills.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest achievement to date...believe me I wasn't prepared for that...how dumb was I.
      Moral: If you treat behavioral questions as a cake walk...watch out...you can fall prey easily.

Design questions and project/people mgmt questions went really well.
      google vs bing comparision
      gmail fraud and spam detection etc. generic ones.
      Had a hard time defending the counter questions for the biggest achievement in my like..and lost the battle.
        Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Google.

The first round is centered on knowledge of different google products such as maps, gmail and various departments within google. The second round was conducted by a Senior program manager with a strong focus on project management practices. Third round is conducted by a peer.

Interview Questions
    • what is daily collection at the busiest toll road in hyderabad   View Answer
    • if currently your team handles calls pertaining to a product at the rate of 150 calls per day and it is expected that the calls will increase to 10000 per day in 4 months. what are the activities you would plan to handle this high bandwidth   View Answer
    • suggest 5 ways of improving google maps & gmail ?   View Answers (5)
    • suggest a new product / market segment that google should develop   Answer Question
    • what is angle between hour hand and minute hand in clock at 4:20 ? what is biggest conflict management you have handled in your work place   View Answers (9)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in July 2013.

Was thru a phone call.. i made it to 2 rounds...ques were mostly based on the list of topics they had sent in their email...related to adwords, adsense, internet fraud, click fraud, content policies, google wallet

Optimization Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Google in July 2013.

Google was hiring for a team member for PQO(Product Quality Management).
    Posting was in Andhra Pradesh.
    1st round was aptitude and internet awareness..
    Only 10 questions from former whereas 30 questions from latter.
    All basic questions.
    I didn't get through.
    Next round was GD and then 2 or three PI..

Interview Questions
    • All questions were easy such as CEO of Yahoo, products of Google etc.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

interviewed at Google in May 2013.

Hiring is through Global Logic Hyderabad.

1st Round: JAM session
    2nd Round: written and HR1
    3rd Round: Orientation round
    Final Round: HR2 @ GOOGLE INDIA, Hyderabad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Google in March 2013.

I was initially sourced by a Google recruiter via LinkedIn. However, since I knew Google places a lot more importance on employee referral, I got my resume referred a college senior working at the same team.

I was immediately contacted by another recruiter after submission of resume and was asked for convenient time slots. First interview was telephonic with the HR and lasted about 25 mins. Within a few hours, I received an invitation for another round of telephonic interview with someone from Product Quality Operations team. This interview (~35-40 mins) was more detailed and included discussions about my current role, projects and quite a lot about my knowledge of various Google products and scenario based questions. It followed by two more back to back video conference interviews via Google+ Hangout, each of which lasted for around an hour. These rounds were also similar but went more into detail. Quite a few questions were common across interviews. Worth noting is I was never asked about my coding skills since the job role does not require any hardcore coding. The formats of all the interviews were very conversation-like and people with passion for the job would really enjoy it like I did.

Final round was the Director of the team in India and it was short and brief. It hardly lasted for about 20 mins. I suppose this round was more about just verification or final overview of the candidate.

I was told by my recruiter that each interviewer gives a rating along with their detailed opinion of the candidate. In the end, all interviewers take a final collective decision. I was informed within 2 days of my final interview that Google India wants to extend an offer to me, pending confirmation from their US office. From what I gathered from my personal research, each job offer is reviewed by one of their top executives before making a final offer. Once that decision is made, the compensation committee decides the compensation. This waiting period was really long for me at it took nearly 4 weeks for them to make the final offer after India office had made their decision.

Interview Questions
    Google has their own Compensation Committee which looks at the candidate's current salary, salary of its own employees in the present role, and many other factors to arrive at a competitive figure. There's almost no scope for negotiation. I was offered the same base salary. However, the bonus and stocks added up to a significant increase, not to mention the usual Google perks.