Google Interview Questions in Hyderābād

Updated Feb 11, 2015

3.5

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Google in January 2015.

The process went on for about 50 days or so. After the initial call from the recruiter, i got around 15 days to prepare for the first round, aka the screening. This was conducted over a phone call and lasted for a little more than an hour. Basic questions, nothing too hard, the key was to demonstrate the thought behind the solution and find if multiple solutions exist and not just the end result.
    4 days later, i got a call from the recruiter who informed me that i have been shortlisted for an onsite interview at the Google office.
    I got around 20 days this time around to prepare.
    Had 4 rounds of interviews at the office, mostly on data structures and their usage. The key thing again was to demonstrate your ability to arrive at a solution, rather than directly solve it.
    I do not think the questions were very difficult, but in some sense my nervousness got the better of me and even though i had solved a lot of similar questions during my preparation, i jumped to conclusions on the answer and delivered incomplete answers.
    Overall, my experience with the entire hiring process right from the time of the first call till the end was very good. I am happy that i got the opportunity to review algorithms and solve many problems during the preparations. It is sad that i did not get through, but i look forward to applying again to Google.
    As for the interactions with the employees at Google, they were very helpful during the interviews or otherwise.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Google.

First Screening was an HR round. Followed by a Telephonic interview. The recruitment folks were very professional and responsive. They gave me feedback and prep tips throughout the process. The first telephonic interview was with a Product Manager in Mountain View. I got the result the very next day saying the feedback wasn't positive and my candidature will not be processed further.

Interview Questions
    • There were only 3-4 Questions.
      1.What I do in my current job

2.Why Google?

3.What are the first steps I as a Product Manager will look into when designing an app for a theme park?

4.What features would I include?

5.What metrics would I track to measure the success of app?

6.How would I design an ATM machine for use at a country's airports?

7.Any other questions I had

View Answers (2)

Product Quality Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

interviewed at Google in October 2014.

Was through a referral. Recruiter called after 2 weeks. Had first level screening with Recruiter which had basic questions on role understanding, product understanding etc. Next day recruiter called to setup phone interview. Phone interview was with another manager. Questions focussed on challenging assignment and couple of scenario based questions.

DBM Trafficker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Google.

It was one round of interview where basic introduction, and other basic technical questions related to online advertising were asked.
    It was easy though i did not get selected as it was my first interview and i was feeling very nervous.

Interview Questions
    • What is advertiser and publisher?
      mention some online advertising products?

View Answer

Product Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

There's an initial screening, after which there are a couple of phone interviews. After that there are 3 On site interviews. The questions are mostly based on the google products. So, if you have a good understanding of all the products then you stand a good chance. Also, the interviewers look for creative and out of the box thinking.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a problem you faced and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

AdWords Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

very lengthy and sometimes they can forget to keep you in loop. Its also probably because it is so sought after. However, the number of interviews give you the feeling that they ensure they are right about who they hire.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

I went through a recruitment consultant where in I had to take an aptitude test. You are shortlisted for the interview if you clear the test. It's then that you have to go through the interview process at Google. I had 3 rounds of interviews on different days. Usually you are asked the same question in different ways. The key is to stick to your answer each time you are asked the same question and not change the answers with every interviewer. It took around a month for me to get a confirmation about my selection. You are asked briefly about the job you are applying for (some basic knowledge about the company and its products), some situational questions and how would you handle them.

It's great working here. It's a very laid back atmosphere. The company believes that if you look after the employees well, they will look after the company!. Great perks great place to work :)

Interview Questions
    • What they would like to see is if you can think out-of-the-box. Come up with your own ideas and contribute in a great way to the company.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate as I was eager to get the job. I wasn't to happy with the HR process though as it was a little unclear. But the best part is the perks and the bonus that you get once you accept the offer. So no regrets.

Product Quality Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Google in November 2013.

Campus hiring..smooth process.
    Interviewed at Google office.
    Relaxing atmosphere. HR tries the best to make you comfortable.
    4-5 rounds each round is elimination
    Interviewer briefs you about the role/responsibility, interview process and company brief.
    Questions were mix of behavioral and technical design skills.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest achievement to date...believe me I wasn't prepared for that...how dumb was I.
      Moral: If you treat behavioral questions as a cake walk...watch out...you can fall prey easily.

Design questions and project/people mgmt questions went really well.
      google vs bing comparision
      gmail fraud and spam detection etc. generic ones.
      Had a hard time defending the counter questions for the biggest achievement in my like..and lost the battle.

Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Google.

The first round is centered on knowledge of different google products such as maps, gmail and various departments within google. The second round was conducted by a Senior program manager with a strong focus on project management practices. Third round is conducted by a peer.

Interview Questions
    • what is daily collection at the busiest toll road in hyderabad   View Answer
    • if currently your team handles calls pertaining to a product at the rate of 150 calls per day and it is expected that the calls will increase to 10000 per day in 4 months. what are the activities you would plan to handle this high bandwidth   View Answer
    • suggest 5 ways of improving google maps & gmail ?   View Answers (5)
    • suggest a new product / market segment that google should develop   Answer Question
    • what is angle between hour hand and minute hand in clock at 4:20 ? what is biggest conflict management you have handled in your work place   View Answers (9)

Product Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in July 2013.

Was thru a phone call.. i made it to 2 rounds...ques were mostly based on the list of topics they had sent in their email...related to adwords, adsense, internet fraud, click fraud, content policies, google wallet