Google Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

89 interviews

3.3

89 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google.

They asked me to interview with them, so I did. They asked me a bunch of algorithms questions. I answered them. They decided not to hire me. womp womp. It was all on the computer and rather standard for google. They seemed very machine like. I'm not a huge fan to be quite honest.

Interview Questions
  • I had a question about implementing memmove. That part was easy. Then they wanted me to make copies faster (than word at a time), in C, while still being ANSI compliant. This is impossible. I know plenty of non portable solutions in assembly. They didn't seem to understand that the code they wanted from me was not correct.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Intern Interview

Interview Details – I applied online and hear back within a few weeks. Interview process took 1 month, I had 2 rounds of interviews. All interviews were over the phone, the interviewers were very polite and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Interview Question – Describe your favorite Google product . I talked about Google Maps.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Google in October 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online on their website. A recruiter contacted me within 2 weeks. Interview times are very flexible. Gave me a whole month to pick dates from. I had two phone interviews (45 minutes each) back to back.

Interview Question – This was my first technical interview, so I was very unprepared. I will say prepare well. The first interview was not really hard, and the interview help you a lot through the process. Think loud while you are coding (on Google Doc), interviewer will help you, and it allows him to analyze your problem solving skills. It consisted of some String related questions, their efficiencies and way to improve your code.

The second interview was meant to be hard (as the interviewer himself mentioned. It was supposed to check your limit. I will not disclose the questions, as I respect their policy. But know you Data Structures well! Like really well. And also efficiency of algorithms.

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Google in March 2014.

Applied on the last day possible. Heard back mid-March, had two Google hangout interviews. Recruiters were very friendly and professional.

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Google in January 2014.

Referred through a current employee. Contacted by a recruiter pretty quickly and phone interview was scheduled in 2 weeks. First interviewer asked general questions about data structures and things, no programming or real algorithm writing. Second had me write some algorithms.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google in February 2014.

I got 2 back-to-back 45 minutes interviews. I think I was a bit too slow on answering the questions, and I got completely flustered when asked if I had any questions at the end of the first interview (don't do that, prepare questions, such what the interviewer works on and how he likes Google etc.).
    I did sign an NDA, so I won't say what the questions were, though they did cover BSTs, binary search, finding intersection. I also explained how mergesort works (and I didn't do it as naturally as I should have).

Interview Questions
    • Probabilities. I was not expecting probabilities, and I needed a lot of help to land on the correct solution.
      I was also not really expecting the "tell me about yourself" type of question, though looking back, I should have.
        Answer Question

Phone Interview

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Google in September 2013.

Contact with recruiter, 2 technical interviews, 3 host matching interviews

Process took 3 months, I had about 4 rounds of interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Google in February 2014.

Submitted my resume with an internal reference, then two general technical interviews, and then three placement interviews. All interviews are on the phone.

Interview Questions
    • A question regarding how to make neural networks scalable with larger datasets   View Answer
    It is quite direct.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!