Google Intern Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014

3.3

94 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Google.

The process took over a month. Took a couple weeks to schedule the interviews after submitting my application and then a few more weeks to receive a decision. Two back to back interviews were scheduled. The interviews went well and they said that I passed them, however they didn't offer me a position.

Interview Questions
  • First interview focused on basic data structures and the second involved navigating a 2d array. There were also a few questions on big-Oh notation and pros and cons of various data structures.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

The Interview Process was grueling. What I was initially told was that I would perform two interviews: One technical over the phone, and then if they liked me I would fly out to California for a final interview at the Google Campus. This process however was dragged out to a total of 4 technical interviews that left me exhausted and completely disinterested in the company.

Interview Questions

The process was more than outlined and was not something I would recommend

Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

They asked me to interview with them, so I did. They asked me a bunch of algorithms questions. I answered them. They decided not to hire me. womp womp. It was all on the computer and rather standard for google. They seemed very machine like. I'm not a huge fan to be quite honest.

Interview Questions
    • I had a question about implementing memmove. That part was easy. Then they wanted me to make copies faster (than word at a time), in C, while still being ANSI compliant. This is impossible. I know plenty of non portable solutions in assembly. They didn't seem to understand that the code they wanted from me was not correct.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview Details – I applied online and hear back within a few weeks. Interview process took 1 month, I had 2 rounds of interviews. All interviews were over the phone, the interviewers were very polite and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Interview Question – Describe your favorite Google product . I talked about Google Maps.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Google in October 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online on their website. A recruiter contacted me within 2 weeks. Interview times are very flexible. Gave me a whole month to pick dates from. I had two phone interviews (45 minutes each) back to back.

Interview Question – This was my first technical interview, so I was very unprepared. I will say prepare well. The first interview was not really hard, and the interview help you a lot through the process. Think loud while you are coding (on Google Doc), interviewer will help you, and it allows him to analyze your problem solving skills. It consisted of some String related questions, their efficiencies and way to improve your code.

The second interview was meant to be hard (as the interviewer himself mentioned. It was supposed to check your limit. I will not disclose the questions, as I respect their policy. But know you Data Structures well! Like really well. And also efficiency of algorithms.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Google in March 2014.

Applied on the last day possible. Heard back mid-March, had two Google hangout interviews. Recruiters were very friendly and professional.

Phone Interview

Process took 3 months, I had about 4 rounds of interviews

Intern Interview

I received two phone interview and they asked general question.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google in February 2014.

I got 2 back-to-back 45 minutes interviews. I think I was a bit too slow on answering the questions, and I got completely flustered when asked if I had any questions at the end of the first interview (don't do that, prepare questions, such what the interviewer works on and how he likes Google etc.).
    I did sign an NDA, so I won't say what the questions were, though they did cover BSTs, binary search, finding intersection. I also explained how mergesort works (and I didn't do it as naturally as I should have).

Interview Questions
    • Probabilities. I was not expecting probabilities, and I needed a lot of help to land on the correct solution.
      I was also not really expecting the "tell me about yourself" type of question, though looking back, I should have.
        Answer Question