Google

Updated Jan 21, 2015

3.3

111 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Google.

The first question is atoi. The interviewer is nice and did not require me to consider the boundary case, e.g. Integer.MAX_VALUE, Integer.MIN_VALUE.
The second question is "give a binary search tree and a target, find the closest number to the target".

Interview Questions
  • The questions are easy. But I was not properly prepared.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Intern Interview

Referred by a friend. Get email from HR pretty soon. Scheduled three crazy interviews on the same day in the next month. Three guys from different teams interviewed me. Answered two questions for each interview in the first two rounds. Only answered one in the last one. A pretty new question, some thing like search common ancestors in several DAGs.

Interview Questions
    • Encountered a machine learning question, not coding at all   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Google in December 2014.

It took me +6 weeks. Contacted by a recruiter and interviewed a few weeks later. Interviews went really well and It took them +4 weeks to reach to a decision and reject my application.

Interview Questions
    • All of them were fairly easy. Two questions about binary trees, a question about recursive programming and one about hashing.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I Apply in school career fair. After few days, I get e-mail for arranging interviews. First I need to fill out some forms and send out possible interview times. Two 45 minutes back to back interviews was arranged, one focus on technical skills another focus on research. After two days, received e-mail for arranging another technical interview. Two weeks after second interview, received rejection e-mail.

Intern Interview

Applied online by submitting resume. Straightforward process involving two phone screens. Afterwards there was an intern-host matching process. Overall the process took about three months including the host matching process.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Got referred. Phone interview came after a few weeks, got back quickly. Questions in a mix of Python and C, mostly basic algorithms but also some systems questions that I got, but wasn't really expecting to hear. Overall not bad. Preparation definitely helps for the algorithms questions though.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google in November 2014.

I participated an event at university and got an email to apply on-line. After a month, contacted by a recruiter and scheduled phone interviews. Two interviews on the same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Google in November 2014.

Applied though a refferal. Recruiter mailed me and said that there would be 3 interviews (which now suprises me because most of guys here say that thay had only 2 interviews) and she also specified a number of dates and asked to choose one day where It was suitable for me to have the interviews. And she also said that I could have interviews via Hangouts. Then all three interviews were scheduled. I had three interviews in a row with small pauses in 15 minutes between them. And they were at night because my local time differs from a local time in California. Be ready that having interview via Hangouts in some cases may be not very good idea. It seems like Google employees don't have headsets and instead of this they use embedded webcam microphones. My third interviewer put webcam quite far and because of that I could hardly hear them and had to ask to repeat what he said few times during the interview. First interview was quite good, I coded the task and after that interviewer asked to propose a solution for the case when we can use multiple computers, I resolved it. Second interview was quite good as well, Interviewer asked to code a function that he specified. The third interview, as I said before, wasn't so good - I solved just a half of the problem and probably would have solved the other part if interviewer had better microphone because he tried to give some hints but I just didn't understand what he said. For now I'm waiting for some response but because of the last interview I think that I'm not going to have an offer.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Google in November 2014.

I had three phone interviews back to back. The interviewers seemed very friendly. Each interview was technical. The coding questions asked were straight forward. I would say out of the three on of the questions really stumped me. However, the interviewer was very helpful in trying to help me understand the question and produce an answer.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Google.

The process took over a month. Took a couple weeks to schedule the interviews after submitting my application and then a few more weeks to receive a decision. Two back to back interviews were scheduled. The interviews went well and they said that I passed them, however they didn't offer me a position.

Interview Questions
    • First interview focused on basic data structures and the second involved navigating a 2d array. There were also a few questions on big-Oh notation and pros and cons of various data structures.   Answer Question