Google

Average Difficulty
86 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details – Interview Details – I applied online and hear back within a few weeks. Interview process took 1 month, I had 2 rounds of interviews. All interviews were over the phone, the interviewers were very polite and friendly.

Interview Question – Interview Question – Describe your favorite Google product . I talked about Google Maps.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – They asked me to interview with them, so I did. They asked me a bunch of algorithms questions. I answered them. They decided not to hire me. womp womp. It was all on the computer and rather standard for google. They seemed very machine like. I'm not a huge fan to be quite honest.

Interview Question – I had a question about implementing memmove. That part was easy. Then they wanted me to make copies faster (than word at a time), in C, while still being ANSI compliant. This is impossible. I know plenty of non portable solutions in assembly. They didn't seem to understand that the code they wanted from me was not correct.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details – I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Google in October 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online on their website. A recruiter contacted me within 2 weeks. Interview times are very flexible. Gave me a whole month to pick dates from. I had two phone interviews (45 minutes each) back to back.

Interview Question – This was my first technical interview, so I was very unprepared. I will say prepare well. The first interview was not really hard, and the interview help you a lot through the process. Think loud while you are coding (on Google Doc), interviewer will help you, and it allows him to analyze your problem solving skills. It consisted of some String related questions, their efficiencies and way to improve your code.

The second interview was meant to be hard (as the interviewer himself mentioned. It was supposed to check your limit. I will not disclose the questions, as I respect their policy. But know you Data Structures well! Like really well. And also efficiency of algorithms.

Interview Question – What's the meaning of your life?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Google in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on the last day possible. Heard back mid-March, had two Google hangout interviews. Recruiters were very friendly and professional.

Interview Question – 3 advantages of adwords.   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Google in January 2014.

Interview Details – Referred through a current employee. Contacted by a recruiter pretty quickly and phone interview was scheduled in 2 weeks. First interviewer asked general questions about data structures and things, no programming or real algorithm writing. Second had me write some algorithms.

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google in February 2014.

Interview Details – I got 2 back-to-back 45 minutes interviews. I think I was a bit too slow on answering the questions, and I got completely flustered when asked if I had any questions at the end of the first interview (don't do that, prepare questions, such what the interviewer works on and how he likes Google etc.).
I did sign an NDA, so I won't say what the questions were, though they did cover BSTs, binary search, finding intersection. I also explained how mergesort works (and I didn't do it as naturally as I should have).

Interview Question – Probabilities. I was not expecting probabilities, and I needed a lot of help to land on the correct solution.
I was also not really expecting the "tell me about yourself" type of question, though looking back, I should have.
  Answer Question

Interview Details – Phone Interview

Interview Question – Basic questions about C, strlen and sizeof function   Answer Question

Interview Details – Process took 3 months, I had about 4 rounds of interviews

Interview Question – Describe your fave Google product   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Google in September 2013.

Interview Details – Contact with recruiter, 2 technical interviews, 3 host matching interviews

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Google in February 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume with an internal reference, then two general technical interviews, and then three placement interviews. All interviews are on the phone.

Interview Question – A question regarding how to make neural networks scalable with larger datasets   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It is quite direct.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Google

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google Intern interview questions and advice. All 86 interview reviews posted anonymously by Google employees and interview candidates.