Google Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015
Updated Apr 11, 2015

3.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Google in May 2012.

Interview

This was for a Software Engineer Intern position. It was two 45 minutes long phone interviews. They give you time to ask any questions at the end of the interview. It's challenging to solve problems over the phone, if coding is necessary, they would send you a link to a google doc.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of characters in it, how would you reverse it? After that's being answered, how would you implement it with an array such as: |f|e|d| |c|a|t|, that would reverse it into: |d|e|f| |t|a|c|? take the white space as the separator.   Answer Question
  • How to implement a caching system? No coding necessary, just the concept.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

Interview

I got a referral at my university, the I applied online and HR set two technical interviews. Both interviews were very friendly and the intervieweer constanly help me but I think i needed more time to think.

Interview Questions

• Dynamic programming question. But mostly everything was normal   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Interview

I studied for a month. I am only a sophomore: the questions I was asked were hard for my level of coding. It was quite disappointing. I had a phone interview with two google employees. The first phone call was nice but I was not able to finish coding. The second call was horrendous. As we were sharing the google doc, I saw roughly 10-15 people go on to look at what I was working on. In addition to that, the interviewer had me on speaker. The speaker sucked and I kept hearing my own voice echo back at me. So it was nearly impossible to hear my interviewer over my echo. Whenever I asked my interviewer to repeat what he said because I couldn't hear, he would answer back with an attitude. The interviewer was rude. The question was also difficult and I answered it inefficiently. It was awful and I wish that I never have such a bad interview experience in the future.

Interview Questions

• return the deepest node in a binary tree.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Referred by a friend. Get email from HR pretty soon. Scheduled three crazy interviews on the same day in the next month. Three guys from different teams interviewed me. Answered two questions for each interview in the first two rounds. Only answered one in the last one. A pretty new question, some thing like search common ancestors in several DAGs.

Interview Questions

• Encountered a machine learning question, not coding at all   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

Interview

After applying through the Google Jobs website, I was reached out to by a member of their People Operations team. I had a short telephone interview with one of the recruiters, then 2 telephone interviews with members of the team I would be joining, and then an offer. The whole process was very well organised and swift.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding how you advise partners to use the Google products my team worked with.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google in October 2014.

Interview

After applying for one of their on-air hangouts, where I have submitted my CV, a recruiter asked me if I would be interested in an interview process for EMEA.
    Of course I have answered affirmatively, so the dates of my 2 interviews were set up( 2 consecutive days).
    Both interviews were only about coding, I wasn't asked much about myself, and the interviewers weren't so talkative. The problems were medium to difficult. The duration was 50 minutes for each.I didn't have the opportunity to get to the project interviews.

Interview Questions

• Find the kth element in the reunion of two sorted arrays.   1 Answer
    • Implement a resizable array + complexities question for different implementations.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Google (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

The process was the standard Google process.

CV shortlisting > 3 rounds of interview > result

The toughest part is the period of waiting in the 3 interviews as the results come after all the 3. So I advice people to be calm and don't think about the previous interview as it's an objective decision. ie if 2 out of 3 interviews like you, you get the role.

Interview Questions

• What different perspective will you bring to the company products ?   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in January 2014.

Interview

Two phone interviews, first was fine. However the second interviewer was very rude didn't take time to introduce themselves to me. Rushed into the coding problem and wasn't not interested in conducting the interview what so ever.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you look over the links that the recruiter sends you in detail.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Google in February 2013.

Interview

two phone calls, then an in person meeting. only made it to the second phone call, a bunch of coding problems in different languages. Wasn't ready to program in C++, had to write pseudocode instead of actual C++.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google (Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)) in November 2013.

Interview

The made contact via email and I has my interviews (2 technical 1 with recruiter) via Hangouts. Interviews were ok but I think I just passed because it was a spetial program for woman else I think I did a really poor interview

Interview Questions

• They asked me to find the longest common prefix among a group of strings.   1 Answer