Google

Updated Dec 15, 2014

3.3

103 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Google in October 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online on their website. A recruiter contacted me within 2 weeks. Interview times are very flexible. Gave me a whole month to pick dates from. I had two phone interviews (45 minutes each) back to back.

Interview Question – This was my first technical interview, so I was very unprepared. I will say prepare well. The first interview was not really hard, and the interview help you a lot through the process. Think loud while you are coding (on Google Doc), interviewer will help you, and it allows him to analyze your problem solving skills. It consisted of some String related questions, their efficiencies and way to improve your code.

The second interview was meant to be hard (as the interviewer himself mentioned. It was supposed to check your limit. I will not disclose the questions, as I respect their policy. But know you Data Structures well! Like really well. And also efficiency of algorithms.

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Google in March 2014.

Applied on the last day possible. Heard back mid-March, had two Google hangout interviews. Recruiters were very friendly and professional.

Phone Interview

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google in February 2014.

I got 2 back-to-back 45 minutes interviews. I think I was a bit too slow on answering the questions, and I got completely flustered when asked if I had any questions at the end of the first interview (don't do that, prepare questions, such what the interviewer works on and how he likes Google etc.).
    I did sign an NDA, so I won't say what the questions were, though they did cover BSTs, binary search, finding intersection. I also explained how mergesort works (and I didn't do it as naturally as I should have).

Interview Questions
    • Probabilities. I was not expecting probabilities, and I needed a lot of help to land on the correct solution.
      I was also not really expecting the "tell me about yourself" type of question, though looking back, I should have.

Answer Question

Process took 3 months, I had about 4 rounds of interviews

Intern Interview

I received two phone interview and they asked general question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Google in February 2014.

Submitted my resume with an internal reference, then two general technical interviews, and then three placement interviews. All interviews are on the phone.

Interview Questions
    • A question regarding how to make neural networks scalable with larger datasets   View Answer
    It is quite direct.

Intern Interview

Interview through campus/connections. Went to the office to do interview, did 2 rounds. process took about 2 months, received a response saying no offer. I was underqualified though, so it came as no surprise really.

Interview Questions
    • Shrunk down and stuck in a blender, how do you get out?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Google in January 2014.

Referred through a current employee. Contacted by a recruiter pretty quickly and phone interview was scheduled in 2 weeks. First interviewer asked general questions about data structures and things, no programming or real algorithm writing. Second had me write some algorithms.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google.

I was called for back to back phone screens. They make you code in a google doc, and you have to explain what you are doing. As you make progress they will add questions on to increase the difficulty.

Interview Questions
    • How do you program a min heap using Nodes (a linked list)   Answer Question