Google

Average Difficulty
86 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details – 2 rounds: online cv and motivation letters then g hangout interview

Interview Question – Personal questions, nothing too hard   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Google in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the internship position very late (in Mar), but still got the chance to give the telephonic interviews. The first interview involved a detailed discussion of only one coding problem (that I couldn't solve completely), and I was asked two simple coding questions in the second one.

Interview Question – 1st interview question -
How can you merge k sorted data streams using O(1) RAM? Also, explain in detail how will you define the data stream object and its related functions/operations.

2nd interview questions -
1. Write a code that accepts integers as arrays and outputs the multiplication result as an array.
2. Write a code that takes the coordinates of multiple rectangles as input and returns as output the coordinates of the rectangle that is the intersection of all the rectangles.
  View Answers (2)

Intern

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Google in April 2011.

Interview Details – Was referred by an employee and obtained two 15 minute phone interviews. The interview questions were standard however the interviewer professionalism was extremely low. The first interviewer did not call at the scheduled time... period. The interview was rescheduled and the second interviewer also did not call, after waiting 30 minutes I called them and was told "he had gotten busy with something". The interview was then conducted.

Interview Question – Typical low level CS questions about sorting algorithms and operational cost.   Answer Question

Mountain View, CA

I interviewed at Google in January 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening, followed by interviews with software engineers.

Interview Question – Some coding questions, algorithms problem solving.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – Got asked for an on-campus interview with 2 interviewers, 45 minutes each. Both asked me questions on binary trees, while splitting their questions to part, a, b, etc., with each additional part asking the likes of "well, now assuming ______ no longer work/can't be used, how would you do it?". Interviewers were nice.

Interview Question – The concepts aren't hard, but requires thinking and has twists on the questions that you might have seen from interview books and such.   Answer Question

Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Google in January 2013.

Interview Details – It was much easier than people think. Everyone was friendly and easy going.

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details – Submitted my resume online, talked to representatives, and got a phone interview about 2 weeks after. It was two 30 minute interviews.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, they ask you to write short algorithms that would solve their questions. Mostly string related stuff because my interviewer was working with Google Books. And one theoretical question at the end.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – Gave resume to University recruiter, who forwarded it to the phone screening committee.
Phone screening committee scheduled a phone interview, during which I answered some behavioral questions and 4 programming questions.
I passed the phone interview, and then underwent host matching where project managers see if my profile is a good fit for their project.

Interview Question – What was the most interesting project you ever worked on?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Other offer from company

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – Two 45 minute coding interviews.
When you pass the interview, there is a team match.

Interview Question – NDA   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google in January 2012.

Interview Details – There were two phone interviews each lasting 45 minutes. Heavily coding oriented (using Google docs)

Interview Question – First Interview:
Simple questions: Write a program to find a character (and it's occurrence count) in a string. Scale for a paragraph, to a file that doesn't fit in memory to a large set of files split across a network that don't fit in memory of a single machine.

Second Interview:
Median finding algorithm - find the median of 'n' numbers and a little bit of binary search tree implementation
  View Answers (2)