Google Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

3.3

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Google in October 2013. Interview Details – I submitted my resume online on their website. A recruiter contacted me within 2 weeks. Interview times are very flexible. Gave me a whole month to pick dates from. I had two phone interviews (45 minutes each) back to back. Interview Question – This was my first technical interview, so I was very unprepared. I will say prepare well. The first interview was not really hard, and the interview help you a lot through the process. Think loud while you are coding (on Google Doc), interviewer will help you, and it allows him to analyze your problem solving skills. It consisted of some String related questions, their efficiencies and way to improve your code. The second interview was meant to be hard (as the interviewer himself mentioned. It was supposed to check your limit. I will not disclose the questions, as I respect their policy. But know you Data Structures well! Like really well. And also efficiency of algorithms.

Interview Questions

• What's the meaning of your life?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in April 2014.

Interview

This is for product manager intern. Two 45-minute phone call interviews with two different product managers, back to back. I applied on the website and got an invite to interview in my email a few weeks later. The process of scheduling the interview was quick and painless with quick responses.

Interview Questions

• They asked the usual PM questions. Be ready to talk about a product you like and about google's services. I was asked how I would modify Google Maps in Japan to appeal more to teenagers there. Be ready to do market sizing and strategy questions. The second interview was mostly behavioral questions and talking through your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Google (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview questions were similar to what you expect from the coding interview books. I had two interviews, one friendly, the other not friendly. I was applying for a specific group that I mentioned at the time of applying. There was two phone interviews. The first on was a CV interview from the research group. The second one was a general algorithm/data structure interview.

Interview Questions

• A typical question that could be solved using hashing!   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Google in March 2014.

Interview

Applied on the last day possible. Heard back mid-March, had two Google hangout interviews. Recruiters were very friendly and professional.

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone Interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google in February 2014.

Interview

I got 2 back-to-back 45 minutes interviews. I think I was a bit too slow on answering the questions, and I got completely flustered when asked if I had any questions at the end of the first interview (don't do that, prepare questions, such what the interviewer works on and how he likes Google etc.). I did sign an NDA, so I won't say what the questions were, though they did cover BSTs, binary search, finding intersection. I also explained how mergesort works (and I didn't do it as naturally as I should have).

Interview Questions

• Probabilities. I was not expecting probabilities, and I needed a lot of help to land on the correct solution. I was also not really expecting the "tell me about yourself" type of question, though looking back, I should have.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Process took 3 months, I had about 4 rounds of interviews

Intern Interview

Interview

I received two phone interview and they asked general question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Google (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume with an internal reference, then two general technical interviews, and then three placement interviews. All interviews are on the phone.

Interview Questions

• A question regarding how to make neural networks scalable with larger datasets   1 Answer

Negotiation

It is quite direct.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

The interviewer was very nice. She started by asking about my Phd research. She asked me to describe a difficult project I have worked on, what was the difficulty and how I solved the problem. Then there are two coding questions. They are not very hard. The interviewer gave me hints and they were very helpful in correcting errors as I coded.

Interview Questions

• One is about redundant strings and the other one is an extension of the first question.   Answer Question