Google

Updated Nov 12, 2014

3.3

97 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Google.

Contacted them trough a hiring event in my university. There was a dinner in a hotel where all the candidates got to know more about the company. It was basically to make us want to work there even more.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked about an optimized way to find something on a map. I can recollet the details, but I was pretty much stumped on this one   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google.

I applied online, with just a CV and no cover letter (and I hate cover letters, so I was thrilled).
    A recruiter called me back and after some quick questions to check my background and motivation, he took the time to describe the interview process, the criteria I would be judged on and sent me some links to prepare my interview (mostly about Google products, it's pages you can find yourself browsing their career website).
    I had two phone interviews of 30 min, with questions on my experiences, behavioral questions and some to test my quantitative skills.
    After this, it went quite quickly and the recruiter always informed me of where the discussion was.

There were 5 interviews:
    -Outsourced Recruiting company (Cia de Talentos)
    -English interview with an outsourced english teacher
    -HR at Google (on site)
    -Manager Interview #1 (Hangout)
    -Manager Interview #2 (Hangout)

There is no silver bullet. You have to prepare yourself a lot, on topics like:
    -Logic thinking and critical reasoning
    -How Google makes money
    -Google Products, especially AdWords
    -Yourself: how does your previous experiences qualifies you for the job; how your values fits with the company's (there is no liying here. Literally be yourself, they will notice if you don't)

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the number of queries at Google's Search Engine in Brazil for the expression "English Language School"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

The process was the standard Google process.

CV shortlisting > 3 rounds of interview > result

The toughest part is the period of waiting in the 3 interviews as the results come after all the 3. So I advice people to be calm and don't think about the previous interview as it's an objective decision. ie if 2 out of 3 interviews like you, you get the role.

Interview Questions
    • What different perspective will you bring to the company products ?   View Answers (2)

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google in March 2014.

1. CV online
    2.Google Fit Challenge: 10 easy questions to evaluate if your profile fits to Google's profile.
    3. HR interview (not from Google)
    4. 2 interviews with people from Google

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in January 2014.

Two phone interviews, first was fine. However the second interviewer was very rude didn't take time to introduce themselves to me. Rushed into the coding problem and wasn't not interested in conducting the interview what so ever.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you look over the links that the recruiter sends you in detail.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google.

There were several interviews, first with the HR and then with managers. Expect to answer to some behavioural questions.

Another offer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google in November 2013.

The made contact via email and I has my interviews (2 technical 1 with recruiter) via Hangouts. Interviews were ok but I think I just passed because it was a spetial program for woman else I think I did a really poor interview

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to find the longest common prefix among a group of strings.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Google.

I applied via their website and sent them a copy of my CV. I was contacted by a recruiter about 1 week later who then arranged for two phone interviews. After the two phone interviews, I was contacted by my recruiter about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • My first interview was a straight forward coding question requiring me to code an algorithm on Google docs. My second interview was more in-depth and asked me several questions, starting with data questions and then moving on to algorithms questions. I panicked and blanked out during the second, more difficult question.   View Answers (2)

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Google.

I had 2 on-site interview. The questions were found in the "cracking the coding interview".
    They also asked some concept of unit test, tcp/udp, ect.

Interview Questions
    • The question was related in bit manipulation. So it was needed elaborate designs.   Answer Question