Google

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Internal Communications Interview

Internal Communications

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Google in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who located me via my LinkedIn account. She conducted a phone interview with me, then requested that I submit a writing sample by the folllowing morning, answering a series of questions based upon recent occurences that had taken place at the company. I was then contacted within the same week to complete an in-person interview with someone from the team that I would be working with. The interviewer was pleasant, yet she remarked that although she was impressed by my writing sample, it was not written in the "Google-voice". Upon the conclusion of the interview, I was told that I had done a good job, and would be recommended to be advanced to the next level. However, I was contacted a week or so later and informed that I was not selected for the position. I would recommend that future candidates be very personable in their interviews, and identify something unique about themselves, outside of the traditional work and/or school accomplishments that will help them to stand out from other applicants and convey their "Googley-ness".

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Google

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google Internal Communications interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Google employees and interview candidates.