Google Internal Communications Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Internal Communications Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Google in April 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter who located me via my LinkedIn account. She conducted a phone interview with me, then requested that I submit a writing sample by the folllowing morning, answering a series of questions based upon recent occurences that had taken place at the company. I was then contacted within the same week to complete an in-person interview with someone from the team that I would be working with. The interviewer was pleasant, yet she remarked that although she was impressed by my writing sample, it was not written in the "Google-voice". Upon the conclusion of the interview, I was told that I had done a good job, and would be recommended to be advanced to the next level. However, I was contacted a week or so later and informed that I was not selected for the position. I would recommend that future candidates be very personable in their interviews, and identify something unique about themselves, outside of the traditional work and/or school accomplishments that will help them to stand out from other applicants and convey their "Googley-ness".

Interview Questions
  • What makes you "Googley"?   Answer Question
  • How would you attempt to reduce the learning curve inherent for a new employee in this position?   Answer Question