Google

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Google in February 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted resume and got an email to schedule an interview within 3 weeks. Scheduled it as later as possible to be able to review my algothms, and my Java. The first interviewer was half sleepy half eating during the interview. He asked about my background (in order to finish his bagel while i was talking). Next he tried to explain me a question but he started from LCD display (why ?).

Interview Question – The actual question was: given an integer, its digits are stored in the array, the very last digit is the very last element of the array. Write a function that adds one to this integer. The LCD display discussion was totally misleading and inappropriate.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Internship

I applied online - interviewed at Google in January 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview using Google doc, they ask me to solve a numerical problem using my own programming language. I can not remember exactly but is too detailed. They gave a set of graph point and edges and ask to process.

Interview Question – The question is too detail for the implementation. It is like undergrad question and need to be very well prepared instead of using solid professional experience and creative mind (mind opinion)   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Google in February 2012.

Interview Details – Asked questions about how to check IP, debug a connection, how traceroute works, how would I increase a capacity on a working server.

Interview Question – How does exactly Traceroute works?   View Answer

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!