Google Interview Questions

4,358 Interview Reviews

3.4

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

its tough and long process. 7 Interviews. Better know your stuff. It is completely normal that they forget to call you, forget your interview half way through, reassign you to random people, or to positions which you are clearly not qualified for. Almost every single person working at Google has a story regarding recruiter incompetence which affected them or one of their friends. I referred 2 people, and they royally screwed up in both cases. Now that that’s out of the way: you either apply for a job (usually via our website), or a recruiter contacts you, usually because they found you on linkedin (or similar) or because someone referred you

Interview Questions

• Build a Subnetted VLAN in a STAR topology using TCP/IP, UDP, SMTP, DNS. DHCP protocols.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Google.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me about this data analyst position with Google. It is a one year contract position. Two weeks later I am required to the on-site interview with hiring manager. The interview take about half an hour and no technical question just some behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Weakness The most challenging project?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Google.

Interview

The process consists of a phone interview followed by an on-campus visit. When you go onsite I was interviewed by 3 people from the product management team. If they like you then you are requested to stay back for another 2-3 rounds of interviews after lunch. I was good enough to be asked to stay back but not good enough to be made an offer. the interviews after lunch was another product person, a technical round and I got to speak to the manager of the group I had said I wanted to join if made an offer. Don't sweat too much about technical stuff, questions were not that hard. Get familiar with questions on database design, server side redundancy/fault tolerance designs etc.

Interview Questions

• Signed an NDA so cannot disclose the exact questions but they centered around some core topics: (a) product design - design a product for a specific segment of the population, say physically challenged (b)quant case (c) product strategy - improve a product and talk about how you would launch it (d)general product questions - pick a product, why do you like it, why don't you like it,what would you improve etc (e)technical   Answer Question

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Google (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Extremely fun and engaging experience that was totally worth it! Definitely the best interview process yet. Some people may find it difficult because the broad topics that were covered but the interviewers are really there to help you along.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

HR Screen followed by a Google Hangouts video call with the hiring manager. Not a real conversation, just a rapid fire of pre-scripted questions. Varied between case and behavioral. It was important to think about the business vertical that you are applying to and thinking ahead about what challenges they may be facing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult co-worker   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I received an email from HR and had a phone interview. A phone interview was consist of one technical question which was not very difficult but need some thinking to solve.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Google.

Interview

Was referred by a friend who worked at GOOG as a PM, the recruiter got in touch fairly quickly. Didn't have to go through a phone screen / behavorial interview, and went straight into the phone interview with a PM who asked how I might think about a mobile ad opportunity.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Google (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Had a phone interview, then flew in to their HQ. Friendly recruiters, the in-person interview was an intense battery of interviews with a range of personalities. Some were clearly sleep deprived and not paying much attention to the interview at all, others were very engaged and friendly. Overall I thought it was an enjoyable experience, and did not have trouble engaging with any of the problems offered during the interview process after looking through the helpful documentation that Google provides pre-interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: You are given a playlist of songs, can you create a system that lets you shuffle the songs (as in, no repeats and a constant random order every loop through the playlist), with options to go back and also to repeat the current song? Followup: How can you optimize for space?   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Interview

First had an on campus interview where they asked me mostly about my previous work experience. Then, was invited on-site. The day of interviews was grueling and exhausting but everyone I met was smart and nice. 6 back-to-back interviews with an informal lunch in between. After that big day, I had one additional interview before being asked to write an essay and meet with Brian. Pretty typical APM recruitment process! Overall, it was an interesting and fair set of interviews, but it took a long time, and I ended up having to turn down another offer just to wait on Google's decision

Interview Questions

• Estimate the number of lightbulbs in the U.S.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They insisted that I tell them what my other offers were . Ended up with a really great offer

Designer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Google.

Interview

The interview was done through the hangouts. It was three way interview, from other cities. The interview was mainly about talking briefly about the portfolio and myself. As it was done through the phone or internet, it was bit lagging sometimes and bit difficult sometimes to hear it over. But as all over, it was good experience of talking to great creative people.