Google Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
3,901 Interview Reviews

3.4

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Google.

Applied online and received an email about setting up two technical interviews which were back to back. Scheduled the interviews and received questions about data structures and algorithms in my chosen language. Heard back a week or so later they were not moving forward.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about data structures and algorithms in my preferred language.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Google.

We talked on the phone and we mostly talked about coding which I wasn't all to good with but I told them that I would brush up on it and work at the best of my ability

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Google.

2 phone interviews. Didn't make it past the second. Neither question asked was very difficult. First was about string manipulation, second involved fib sequence. Both interviewers were helpful and I thought I did well, but not as well as some of my peers evidently. Make sure to analyze runtime and run through test cases.

Interview Questions
    • Signed a NDA, so I can't discuss, but first phone interview was on string manipulation and the second involved the fibonacci sequence.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Google.

Applied online, received 2 phone interviews (45 mins long each). The first one asked me about my resume, and the coding question is about binary search. The second one ask me to code a permutation problem, and ask running time, etc.

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google in March 2015.

My interview was very professional,and the Interviewer was the Hiring Manager Him self.
    He was very Gentle ,Understanding,and giving me Enough time to Express my vision in answering Qusns.
    In fact , I was in this position before, and Gain new experience from this interview,and will utilize it in my Career life where needed.The interview was Technical & direct to the answer ,No Hide or tricks there, I felt the interest of hiring from Google side as I much I'm too.I could answer question where ever i have skills & experience.and I'd apologized for the question where i did not have experience, I was knowing how the Negotiation Techniques for the procurement part he was looking for,and informed him.But i was not the person who used to do that within my teams in previous Positions/Past Jobs.He was happy that i was very transparent "I wanted to be my self ,Exactly as my skills are!!".
    I strongly believe, If God wanted me to get Hired will get it,and Skills/Experience/Qualifications/Connections are factors of Success to get Hired.
    After the Interview,I felt I should thank Google for giving me chance of Expressing myself.
    I'm thankful to the Hiring Manager/Interviewer & to the Tech. Recruiter for their professional attitude seen clearly Before/during and after the interview too.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were clear & direct to the answers, might took time from me during the interview it self to reply directly to the point the Hiring Manger needed,But it is very hard to Summarize Decade/s of your Career experience in few Lines presented in Resume, Or Minutes during the Interview.   View Answer

Vehicle Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Google in March 2015.

Group interview only asked a few questions. Interview lasted about an hour or less. There were 2 people who asked questions and took notes. Do a lot of research about the actual project. Do not go on Wikipedia for your information. Watch the videos made by Google on YouTube.

Systems Administrator Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Google in March 2015.

Asked memory regurgitation questions of things that would generally be looked up if needed. I guess this is an improvement from asking riddles, but not by much. Would have loved to talk about projects I had completed or answered any actual technical problem solving questions related to the job, but instead was asked to recite Jeopardy-style facts about networking back at them.

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Google in March 2015.

This a phone interview. Firstly, I was told to briefly talking about my working experience before my master degree and my course project, then he ask some fundamental questions about binary search tree and hash table, and compare their usage in different conditions. Then he ask two coding problems.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function to determain if a string is Palindrome?   View Answer
    • Write a class to calculate the average number of current three number from the incoming numbers.   View Answer

Associate Account Strategist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google in March 2015.

I applied online (previously though a Googler for other positions, this was just straight from the listing), was contacted by a recruiter for a phone screen. Phone screen was pretty basic, just regular get-to-know-you questions, and just a little about the position.

About 1.5 weeks between phone screen and the interviews with the actual team, those are back-to-back interviews that are 30 minutes each (mine was 35/25). They take notes, so it's a little nerve-wracking but otherwise everyone was very friendly. I received contact to schedule a phone call 5 days later, and 1 week after the phone interview, got a call saying that they would not be moving forward. Bummer, but hey, I'm nowhere near local so maybe that factored into it.

Everyone was very amicable and knowledgeable, I do wish we could get feedback. I've never been so positively rejected, haha. Good luck to everyone, the questions on this page are extremely helpful, so read up :-)

Interview Questions
    • How would you manage 1 million people with a team of 100?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google in March 2015.

There are three phone interviews back-to-back. Each last for about 45 min. The HR is very nice, send me PPT file for preparation as well as several reminders. Receive reject email one week after interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Find the deepest node in a binary tree; Build a tree out of given edges; etc   Answer Question