Google

Updated Mar 2, 2015
3,801 Interview Reviews

3.4

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in February 2015.

Three 45 minutes interview. In all interviews I was asked to solve coding problem. Whenever you solve one, they give you another one , based on the previous one. Then they ask you about time complexity and how to improve the running time.

Interview Questions
    • Constructing Trees and other problems solved by Divide and Conquer.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google in February 2015.

I were scheduled three interviews back to back, each takes 45 mins. The interviewer were nice and inspiring. They gave advice on my code. Firstly I was asked to write code for a simple solution. After I finished, the interviewer followed up, including asked me what the corner cases are and how can I improve my solution. They are highly technical and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • I will respect the NDA, all the questions are about data structures and basic algorithms.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Google in February 2015.

I break down to 4 parts . 1. Car , 2 . Household , 3. Transportation , 4 others.
    Interviewer replied me to focus on Car only.
    I use USA population to answer this questions.
    Divided into Commercial car and non-Commercial car, then calculate the number.
    Finally, Interview ask me how do I think my estimation , is that too high or too low.
    I replied too low , because car sometime also needs to do maintenance and etc.
    He said ok .

Interview Questions
    • 1. How much money spent in USA per year on GAS   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Google in February 2015.

Applied online and had to solve some online coding assessments. Couple of days later got an e-mail from the HR and arranged a technical phone interview with one of the engineers. They also prepared some docs and info on what to prepare for the interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Referred by classmates, got 3 round technical phone interviews, coding on Google docs, general technical interview question including map, hashing, memory efficient array, missing range, dynamic programming, streaming data average and so on. Not too difficult and some of them are interesting.
    Results came two weeks after the interview process finished. Bad luck!

Interview Questions
    • map, hashing, memory efficient array, missing range, dynamic programming, streaming data average and so on   Answer Question

Demand Management Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Google in February 2015.

Interview was for a temp position through Adecco. It was an hour long with three different people, one after the other. Since it was a temp position, the interview process was much shorter (one phone screen, one in-person interview. I submitted my resume, had the phone screen the next day, and had the in-person interview the day immediately following. The job offer came the following week with a start date for the week after.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite Google product + Sell it to me. Mock sales call. What was your greatest professional challenge? How do you deal with feedback? Was there a time you disagreed with a co-worker/manager? How do you work under pressure? What do you think will be the greatest challenges about this job? How will you deal with them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in February 2015.

I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn. They told me they researched my profile on GitHub an LinkedIn and were interested in discussing job opportunities. A lot of my peers were also contacted. The job would have been in their Mountain View HQ. The interview was fair, however the quality of the phone connection was rather poor and I had to ask the interviewer to repeat himself many times and I think it did get on his nerves, but only for a few second after which he calmed down again. My performance was in need of improvement and their decision not to pursue further was understandable.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google in February 2015.

2 Phone interviews
    4 Onsite interviews

Beginning the process you will receive an email from the recruiter, and you will continue talking with them withing the entire process. They also give you some hints for preparing for the interview.

All the inverviews were focused on algorythms, each one really different and sometimes ticky and funny. You need to be open-minded to catch the trick and get in depht with the problem.

Really awesome experience.

Interview Questions
    • NDA protects to get in details but all questions have its own difficulty. Without algorythm's knowledge, anyone would become stuck.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google in February 2015.

Contacted by recruiter for a position in the Mountain View office. Two phone screens followed by a 4-hour on-site interview. Technical questions were challenging but nothing that can't be prepared for by being really comfortable with basic Algorithm and Data Structures knowledge. My advice would be to spend a lot of time practicing coding algorithm questions with a friend on a white board. I did my questions in C++, but Java is also an option.

Interview Questions
    • Graph traversal, graph search, permutations, distributed system design, etc. About 8 questions in all for me. You should be able to do 1 to 2 completely coded questions in 45 minutes (depending on question difficultly).   Answer Question

Google Software Engineer New Grad/Entry Level Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

The recruiter contacted me via email. We set the time and data for a technical phone interview up in the email. The recruiter also sent a list of websites and great resources to let you know what to review and to expect. (be aware, dont just skim over them, make sure you know every concept fairly well). During the interview, he asked me things on my resume, and moved to the technical part. The technical problem took about 40 minutes, and at the end there is the Q&A where the interviewer answers any question you might have about the company in general.

Interview Questions
    • We went over my resume for a few minutes in the beginning, and we started the real technical interview. Nothing really unexpected. The only question we were able to go through was a question about BFS/DFS, basically traverse through a given 2D array map and find a path.   View Answer