Google Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014
3,266 Interview Reviews

3.5

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Applied through a Googler friend and had a phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter was very pleasant and even seemed to be rooting for me. After that another phone interview with the hiring manager. This was the difficult part as the hiring manager knows what they are looking for. I didn't make it past this step.

Legal Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google.

I had an initial phone screen that was pretty standard. Recruiter asked general questions about my experience while in college and why I was interested in the position. Then a second round general interview that asked more analytical questions. A week later I had an on-site one.

Software Engineer Interview

Through website, set up phone interview. During phone interview, had basic questions about previous projects and then had to code in a google doc. If you review the material they give you going in and have a quick mind, you should do fine. If you haven't covered at least have of it though, you probably will have to reapply whenever you have learned it.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot reveal because I signed a confidentiality statement.   Answer Question

Advertising Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Google.

Process was long - I was flown out to MV to meet with the team, and then was left waiting for a very long time due to inefficiencies in HR. I got another offer in the meanwhile - if HR were more organized, the process would be much improved.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Google.

Hiring process starts with phone screen. Once you are through it, you are called to Google head quarters in Mountain View, CA. Here I had 4 rounds of interview and a lunch break in-between. They book tickets for your travel and hotel and reimburse your expenditure during your stay. I must say Google HRs are really helpful in making me understand entire interview process and giving suggestions for the same.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were unexpected, Be sure you know data structures like Maps, Trees, Array/Lists well and Time complexities. They usually ask time complexity of your program in the end of the solution u gave. Even read about OOD and be thorough. Again, its Google so make sure you prepare our best :)   Answer Question

Audio Engineer Interview

Interview process went smoothly, didn't have to rush the recruiter or anything. Entire process took about 3 weeks. I felt i wasn't a good fit for the position because of my lack of experience with speakers and microphones. I felt this was more of an acoustics role, which is something that I'm not too familiar with.

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Applied through a referral from the company. But even though my field is machine learning and data mining, the recruiter wanted to ask me questions about site reliability engineering. later on, I tried to contact with them about the role that fits me but no reply.

Interview Questions
    • we did not continue the interview because they did not know what they are doing   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

It took 2 weeks to hear response. The recruiter called and did a phone screening then he submit my resume to the hiring manager. It took one week to get an email saying that the hiring manager wanted to do a phone interview.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Google.

Online coding exam. Not too hard if you know what you're doing. People were very friendly and allow you to take your time. After exam, if the out come is good, they would invite you over for second interview

Production Designer(Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Google.

They selected a few students through the school and I was one of them. They first asked me if I am interested in the job and after that they sent me a one day design test. Around 2 weeks after I submitted, I got Email for an onsite interview. For the onsite interview, I talked to a UI designer, a project designer and a project manager. Basically just talked about the design test I did.